Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help Part 2

Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Day 7 thats so good keep it up. because ater youre over the worst, will come the mental part. that pat hit me hard becuase i was near the stuff and knew i could get it and knew that i was over the withdrawals so i could do one and not have to kick, but i kept strong and didnt do it.... its all about will power

Stay focused on other things, like your kids and helping them. do stuff trynew things and stay busy, and ou wont even think about it... then when you look and youll see its like 2 months clean and your like wow!!! lol
stay strong!!!! and keep posting!!! good luck!!!

did yall check out my music???!?!!???
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Yes I did, although it definitely is not what I usually listen too....I am more a Geri Halliwell post Spice Girls, Spice Girls, Britney, early Maddonna (like a virgin was the first single I ever bought!), and Army of Lovers! But it did sound good - definitely preferred the songs with words opposed to the instrumentals although I was a little shocked at the language - again due to my bubblegum pop tastes. But that is a huge body of work you have done. Good luck with it.
So today is Day 8 - I didn't use any OTC medications yesterday (no Imodium or aspirin) which I reckon is progress and I am definitely in the mental part now. I have a history of clinical depression which was brought on by untreated post partum so I know this is a shaky area for me but the next couple of days are pretty crazy plus I have signed up to organize some fund raising events for my kids school that should hopefully keep me nice and occupied.
Only problem at the mo is that the pain I was prescribed the meds for is really really bad - imagine a bad burn that never heals. Trying to keep it calm with lidocaine cream but I am definitely going to have to find an alternative solution....
Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Couple of things, first I still do not feel fully present its like I am here but not here - looking at myself from the outside. The nausea has made a return today although at least my facial skin has stopped peeling and feeling super oily - I know that's the toxins leaving....when are they fully gone? Ugh over it but onwards and upwards!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Lobs, it depends and varies from person to person. What worked for me was Sweating! doing stuff to get my heart pumping like working out and riding my bike..

As for "Not being here" i do not know... i didnt have that feeling....''

Just keep busy and doing things. keep your mind busy! you dont wanna stay in your head to much... trust me time will start flying!!!. dday 8 that is so awesome!!!!!! keep it up!!!! One day at a time you'll start to be normal again
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Day 9 - Saw a lot of people today, still had a bit of sweating but feeling more human now. Busy day tomorrow so hopefully wont have to think to much.
Right now I am chasing normal!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Day 10, stomach is still not right but nothing a couple immodium couldn't stop!! Did a ton of errands today, laundry and general housekeeping. Kids come off the bus shortly and the evening craziness will begin. Still lacking energy and definitely not 100% right yet - sleep has definitely been an issue as I really have no desire to be awake at 5.30am and no need!
Still chasing normal....will keep posting as feel that this thread helped me so much that it is important for people to find this.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Lobs, its good that you have a family to take care of! i bet you havent realized it, but it takes your mind off of the crappy feeling and helps you get past the day! it keeps you going! i realized it when i was kicking and i would be in a situation where i had to do things and try to be normal infront of people, or talk to people and stuff, i wouldnt feel that bad for that time! idk i think our minds over exaggerate the pain and feeelings of kicking and you subconsciously make it worse. so then when youre not thinking about it, you actually feel a little better.... idk thats my thought on it! well stay strong!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Day 11 and I finally had a decent nights sleep - well if you count not falling asleep till 2 am but the I actually SLEPT - have not done that since before I detoxed! Lots of errands today's and it took waaaay longer than I planned as I kept bumping into people - I know way to many people and NONE of them would even think that I have a problem with pain meds!
So I am almost done cooking a 4 course meal for my family tonight and I'm feeling pretty good. Hope it last. Maybe maybe getting closer to normal!
Thanks Hunter for the encouragement - I actually think the reason I slept is a lack of anxiety last night as I had my plan for today.
Also I too still partake of a libation or 2 with my hubby - I only drink at weekends and it's never been an addiction for me. It's the pain pills that are my downfall but I am going to have to find an alternative as the pain they were prescribed for is very very real and very much alive - I do have to stop at times - curl in a ball and wait for it to pass or for the lidocaine cream to kick in. Not fun! ;-)
Old 09-29-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Day 12 - nose has been quite stuffy and stomach not great but otherwise not a bad day, well aside from the excruciating pain that I am dealing with, apparently aspirin, Advil, Tylenol or Motrin don't seem to have an effect on me but I will find an alternative remedy.
Still chasing normal!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I wanted to write and say thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences, as I have found it very helpful on many levels the past few days.

I found this forum Thursday, just over 3 full days ago. I was originally looking for information on suboxone, and after having my initial questions answered, I kept coming back to read.

I started taking oxycodone early this year for pain management. Some days were worse than others, but when I was prescribed 20mg every 4 hours a few months ago, I started looking for something else. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and put on lyrica. At first, it seemed like it was helping, and I was even able to cut back on the oxys, usually only taking 10mg instead of 20mg, and only 3-4 times a day. But, then I noticed my oxy use was creeping up again. The pain was never going away. I was getting moody, irritable, and would cry uncontrollably. I was a wreck! I decided to taper off the lyrica. My dr who was prescribing the oxy agreed with the plan to go off the lyrica and stick to the oxy for the pain.

Last Wednesday, I was actually having a good day, relatively speaking. I had a 6:00 appt, but when I got home at 4, I thought I could get a nap before my appt arrived at my house. She never showed, so after being awake from 5:30 to 6:30, and feeling completely exhausted, I just went back to sleep. I woke up at midnight drenched in sweat, and my back was killing me. I realized it had been 12 hours since I had taken 10mg of oxy, and only had 20mg total on Wednesday. I decided then that if I could just get through that one night, I would be off of both. Hey, it seemed reasonable to me at the time!

I switched to the other side of my bed, since my sheets were soaked. I woke again at 4:00 am, again drenched in sweat. I moved to the spare room. My alarm was set for 5:00 since I had a 7:00 meeting. I kept snoozing until 6:15, got up, showered and actually thought I was going to be ok.

I got dressed, and went to the bathroom. It was like I hadn't pooped in a week and it all came out at once! And then I had to change my shirt, since I already sweated through the first one. By then I was officially going to be late for my meeting, but I definitely had to be there, so I decided late would just have to work. And then I went back to the bathroom.

I paid more attention to my feelings of chills and sweating than anything else during my meeting, and even had to excuse myself in the middle of it to use the bathroom AGAIN. I sent my BF a text, and told him I was detoxing. By 9:30, I was back home and in bed, after changing sheets on my own bed. I still kept getting up to use the bathroom (still? unbeleivable!) and was bouncing between my bed and the spare room. I eventually ran a hot bath, and was soaking in the tub for a while. It was after 1:00 by the time my BF got to my house. He brought me some suboxone.

I really didn't want to take it. The way he explained it was that the suboxone takes the place of the oxy, confusing my body to thinking it has the drug it wants, and will therefore help the withdrawal symptoms. I was worried I was just replacing one drug with another, and would be delaying or prolonging the inevitable.

I told him I didn't want to take it, and he was fine with that. He went in to the other room to watch tv, and left me to sleep. And then I started throwing up.

I agreed to try to suboxone after that. He gave me a tiny little piece, at first. I don't really know if it helped me or not, but he said I looked better after I took it. Since it seems to be something which is often prescribed to assist in oxy detox, I decided to follow his advice. He has been through this before, I haven't.

By 8:00 Thursday night, he needed to get back home to his dogs, so I decided to go to his place. At least then I would have a babysitter.

I fully expected to wake up Friday feeling like myself again. I did NOT. I spent the day in a fog. He would periodically give me no more than a quarter of a suboxone, maybe 3 or 4 in the course of the day. Friday night, I took an OTC sleeping pill.

Yesterday and today I was pretty much useless. I was supposed to go to a friends party last night, but after 5 minutes in the car and I turned around and phoned in my regrets. And today, writing this post was my biggest accomplishment.

So, what I have learned so far from all of this is:
I am not an idiot for trying to quit everything cold turkey.
I am not a complete failure for getting help from suboxone.
I may not have considered myself to be an addict, but my body didn't care.
There are people who have had it worse, and some who have had it not as bad, but everything I have been going through is normal.
The amount I was taking, and the length of time, is a little irrelevant.

And, this forum rocks.

I don't know what it is like to get high from oxycodone. That isn't something I have experienced. But, I lived with pain before all the MRIs and diagnoses, so I will just have to go back to whatever I did before to get me through the day.

I just need to do it one at a time.

And thanks again, everybody, for the reading material when I needed a mental diversion the last few days.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

I know I have been away recently - these next couple of weeks I have limited access but just wanted to check in and say all is good!
08flhtp - good for you and good luck
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Lobs good to hear youre doing well i hope you keep it up. life is good like this!!!!!! please stay intouch as all of the older posters have left! i wanna keep this going!!!!

08flhtp
the length of time and amount youve taken is relevant! anyway, i was on oxy 30s and suboxe for 2 years, my kick was hell but after 7 days it was all good except the no sleep part and anxiety. if you read back to my first posts around page 5 or so, i was going nutz!!! but i finally did it! i hope you post back! please do! i am here daily most of the time and i will help you and post back. i am more than experienced in this area! ive danced with the devil heroin up to 30 bags a day and slept with my friend oxy up to 300 mg a day and everything in between from suboxone to coke and meth. anything you need to know is right here and i will try to help you as much as i can!!! tapering off does help a little, some say no but it helped my some. i was taking 1 mg of suboxen before i quit and it was better comming off that then a whole sub trust me!!!! when you kick man the best thing for me was allot of hot showers and xanax. i dont suggest taking other drugs to get off one but i did. im totaly clean to this day! eating soup forcing yourself tooo! getting up and watching movies is good and trying to ride a bike and do things does take your mind off the kick. everything im telling you I DID and it helped me allot especially the people here!! please post back and get readdy to kick this devil!!!! hope all is well with everyone else here!

Im doing well still, hanging with mom n dad and getting better at tattooing. still making music and staying focused. need a job but i gotta keep trying!. life is good and im happy!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I had an appointment yesterday morning to see my gyno. Getting up, getting showered and dressed, driving to the appt and back home pretty much whooped my hiney. I got home and had a major anxiety attack as soon as I walked in the door. After a tearful phone call with my BF, he got me calmed down enough so I could get some rest.

Sometime after noon I got up with the worst cramp. My gyno had pressed on my lower left stomach area, and it hurt like a MF. She told me I must have full bowels. I wasn't sure that was possible after everything I went through when the process began, but once I was feeling the cramps, I knew I was back to the opposite problem. I swear I must have been eating rocks in my sleep because what happened next was not anything I had ever experienced. I thought my head was going to explode from the pain of giving birth to that nastiness. Too graphic? My apologies. But OMG that was horrible!!!

Once I recovered from that and the vein in my head receded back to normalcy, I decided to go back to my BFs house. I wasn't feeling up to doing his shopping for him, but I did it anyway. By the time I got to his house I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain I was in. Everything hurt. But I didn't take anything.

Today, I had a massage scheduled. I was still hurting this morning when I woke up, and after taking a shower, I thought about canceling the appt, but I went anyway. It was probably the best thing I could have done, since the massage therapist is also an RN and is familiar with fibromyalgia patients.

As I lay here preparing to sleep, I am just barely aware of pain. It's still there, just enough to notice. But not so much I can't ignore it. This is more of what I am used to. Hopefully, the alternative methods to pain management will help to keep me off the drugs.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Back at Day 4 again. GOD F**KING DAMMIT. I just want to be done with this crap forever.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

08flhtp and itcomesand goes I just want you both to know there IS a light at the end of this dark and horrible tunnel and making the choice to kick this Fcu$$r in the head is half the battle, the days do get easier and the stomach explosions ease up, I know immodium was my best friend during this time along with Dramamine for the nausea and this site for the moral support, plus it helps to know that others have gone through this a gotten out the other side. I still have days where the pain I have is beyond bareable and I did crack the other day as I literally could not function, it was 5mg and it gave me a huge relief, which I hate but had to do as I was literally in the fetal position in tears - I am seeing my pain Dr in a couple of weeks and going to discuss my options. In the meantime I have been cooking/baking up a storm as we have had friends over for lunch last Monday, this Saturday and next Monday - we are talking homemade 3 or 4 course meals for at least 12 people!!! I am also working, and running a household of 6 people 2 adults and 4 kids, plus I do a ton of volunteer work for my kids school - that's 4 sets of private school tuition!! So keep busy and know you can do it - I feel awful about having to take something for the pain but at the same time amazed that I was able to show self control. Take it one day at a time - I am on 19 (minus 6 hours for the one moment). This thread is literally a life saver.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hi everyone it is 1 week sober for me here. I still feel really terrible, and I can't sleep more than 3 hours per night. I was snorting anywhere from 7-10 blues a day (yes, thats 210-300 mg a day) for about 2 months with no breaks. Does anybody with this level of abuse know when the insomnia will end? I've been through withdrawals before, but i've never had insomnia this bad and nothing works. I've tried melatonin, benadryl, nyquil, valium, xanax, and ambien... i just can't sleep for more than 3 hours a night and it's really making me very desperate to use some opiate just to sleep for 1 night, it's all I ask for, 1 night.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

ItComesAndGoes - it takes time for the Insomnia to settle down - I still have nights where I only really sleep a few hours, I tend to read and find myself falling asleep with a book or iPod in hand, working out and a hot bath tend to help with falling asleep and I have used the zzzquil (NyQuil but just for sleep not colds). You really are over the worst and you will sleep again, but it will take time.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

hey yall....very inspiring thread and words by everyone.....i am on day zero...well actually i have been self tapering a 150+mg oxycodone habit.....started out tuesday morning ended up at 75mg that day and was very ill...today being sunday i have had 8 percs so far...starting to sweat and feel rough...i am supposed to check into a detox center on tuesday but im not too sure about this. was thinking maybe if i can get it under control i can make it on my own.....with the support of a few very good friends.....this little white pill has sucked the life out of me and it is definately time to end this insanity!!!!!...the viscious anxiety that comes along with the wd is by far the worst part for me...im on 25mg paxil and do have access to k-pins and zanny bars....but only if necessary.....i havent been takin those while takin the oxy....i went cold turkey in march made it 7 days and crumbled due too major life stressors and the anxiety was crippling!!!...i really hope i can make it like hunter and some of yall have....heres to a brighter future....maybe tome i get some balls and go CT...time shall telll....cheeers
Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

and another thing...what is with this burnt ,rotten metal smell my body is exuding lol....that is the nastiest smell on earth....tapering down to a manageable level before jumping off always seems like a good idea....however...im not exactly sure it is worth the pain....im happy with the fact im at 40mg today...thats down over 120ish mg in 5 days lol!!!wont be sleeping much tonight again.....about to go take a gravol and some nyquil....should give me maybe 3 hours MAX!!....this withdrawal is absolute hell and im not even really in it yet....God help me....
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Yup. That's it! That taste/smell are so gross. I'm not sure what causes it though. I was using about the same amount as you 20 days ago. I went cold turkey. I don't think it's life threatening, but my mind sure tried to tell me so and I was as close to suicidal as I've ever been. If you quit, that taste will go away within two weeks I bet. It was so tough, its hard to reccommend doing it! If you can pull it off, it will be worth it i think. Good luck:/