Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help Part 2

Old 10-19-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks Marcus and Halle. Marcus.. I know my BF is being honest about what he is doing and he's very motivated to quit primarily for financial reasons. I must say I agree about you saying tapering off might hit it's point because I find that I've tapered off to a pill a day for about two weeks.. got to 3/4 a day and now am stuck in that rut. I just spoke to my BF for an hour and a half about this and we decided that we want to go 24 hours with no pills by Sunday which is in two days. We planned a full day of activities to keep us active including rock climbing, brunch and watching the football game. I think I had a breakthrough today - my boyfriend funds this and he is done.. I can tell he's serious about this. If he is done then I HAVE to be done so in a way this is good for me because I have to take this extremely seriously. I have two days to quit (I've been tapering off for two weeks) so I am ready. It's going to suck complete a$$ but it is what it is and I need to put my big girl panties on and suck it up. Wish me luck and thank you for all the support. Will keep you posted.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brownie9534 View Post
Thanks Marcus and Halle. Marcus.. I know my BF is being honest about what he is doing and he's very motivated to quit primarily for financial reasons. I must say I agree about you saying tapering off might hit it's point because I find that I've tapered off to a pill a day for about two weeks.. got to 3/4 a day and now am stuck in that rut. I just spoke to my BF for an hour and a half about this and we decided that we want to go 24 hours with no pills by Sunday which is in two days. We planned a full day of activities to keep us active including rock climbing, brunch and watching the football game. I think I had a breakthrough today - my boyfriend funds this and he is done.. I can tell he's serious about this. If he is done then I HAVE to be done so in a way this is good for me because I have to take this extremely seriously. I have two days to quit (I've been tapering off for two weeks) so I am ready. It's going to suck complete a$$ but it is what it is and I need to put my big girl panties on and suck it up. Wish me luck and thank you for all the support. Will keep you posted.
Keep posting so we know how you are doing. And yes, you can and will do this. I also started tapering for a while and then just got sick of not being able to get past that last pill so cold turkey was the only answer for me.
Not gonna lie. First three days are toughbut it gets better and then sometimes you have a bad day but it's so worth it
The support is here
Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

How are things going Makida???? Hope you are doing better. Remember a slip up is not a failure. I just hope it didn't set you back much and you are not being too tough on yourself. You really want this so you can do it!
Pull out thar west coast umbrella and go for a walk! Can't tell you how much I've walked lately. Big hugs. You can do it!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

So I've made it to Day 4 (again!!) and today was the day every symptom hit from the sneezing, upset stomach, metal mouth taste, stuffy head...in fact the only symptom not to hit was nausea which happened days 1,2 & 3!! Fun! Tomorrow I have a packed day so hopefully take my mind of it, then next week is crazy topsoil hopefully that will help. I will say the RLS was not too bad this time but I am sure it's just around the corner. I also took some robbitussin cold and flu night time along with some zzzquil and melatonin last night so I would get some sleep. Oh and the darn sweating. So let this be a lesson to us all, even a small slip can still mean full on wds. There is no avoiding it I guess it it a good deterrent ugh!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

My last post was Wednesday morning. I actually did get a lot of computer work done before a friend came at 6:00 to help me in my basement. She left by 9, but I kept working until after midnight to get it back to normal. It had been in shambles for over a year since a water issue. Now everything is back to where it belongs except for 5 boxes of filing I still need to go through.

After all that, I still had computer work to due, so I went back to that until after 3 am. I was up again at 6 am for a 7:00 am morning meeting and spent the rest of the day being productive until about 4 or 5:00 when I started to crash. I napped for a few hours, then at 8 I went to my BFs house. I just wanted to veg with him. I was able to sleep, and I wasn't in pain!! At noon on Friday, I started doing some computer work and by 4:00 I needed to head home. By then, the pain was back so I did take 10mg of oxy then so I could manage the drive home.

I had a friend visiting, and I was able to get out and have some fun. But once the rain came in I was hurting bad again. I took a Valium Friday night to sleep, and was still kinda dragging all day Saturday. I went to my BFs house at 3:00, but felt like crap and just watched tv until about 10 and then decided to come home. I got by on ibuprofen for any pain.

Now, I am hurting again. Hopefully ibuprofen will hit it.

At least I didn't have to take anything last night to sleep!!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Day 5 and just spent the better part of the day out with hubby and the kids definitely helped take my mind off everything, got home and shoved a weeks worth of laundry in the machine. Apart from a bad stomach and stuffy nose and the original pain doing ok. One day at a time I can do this.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lobs72 View Post
Day 5 and just spent the better part of the day out with hubby and the kids definitely helped take my mind off everything, got home and shoved a weeks worth of laundry in the machine. Apart from a bad stomach and stuffy nose and the original pain doing ok. One day at a time I can do this.
Yes you can!! Congrats.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I can relate to the chronic pain and stomach upset. I find getting out or at least being distracted does help.

But sometimes, I just need to lay down too.

You are doing GREAT.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 21 here for me ... I feel much better than day 1 that's for sure lol ... I have really good thoughts now and don't really think about pills too much anymore ... only thing I still have is 1) Insomnia 2) No energy ... just lettin everyone know out there that I still can't sleep more than 5 hours a night and still have to take either adderall/coffee every day just to make it through classes ... but cravings have subsided and I am in a good mood a lot now ... just tired all the time. Oh well it comes and goes right? God Bless
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Oh wow, how could I forget ... One last symptom that still persists. Low sex drive. For days 1-14 I could not get one single erection, it was horrible. Even now, I get maybe one every 2 days, it really is awful ... I don't really get turned on by much anymore whereas before I started using pills every day I would want to have sex at least once a day. This low sex drive crap is KILLIN ME
Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Gotta love that insomnia....NOT. Too much on my brain but I think I am getting sleep. Nite all. And thank for the support, really hard to admit the slip(s) but glad I have
Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Day 6 - very busy today, went to work and visited a friend after who is in waaaay more pain than me due to a bad car accident a few years ago. Carpall tunnel been acting up so got a new wrist band to alleviate the pain. All things considered pretty good day. Let's see what fun tomorrow will bring because as we know at this stage it's one day at a time.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

hey yall!...thanks to everyone asking how i have been doing it really means alot...especially halliegirl ur words have really helped me get thru the mental part of this bs lol!...so as u know PAWS kicked in and i caved...i was actually feeling good too..went out with a friend and we had to pick up our buddy from the airport,...had some drinks and they both love percs...so our friend gets to my truck and she says "lets get some booze and perkys"...im like faaaaak whyyyyyy lol ....so i was ok for the first couple hours then around the 4 drink mark i cracked and had one....it was PATHETIC!!!.....that was friday nite....since then i have had no more than 20mg each day and have decided to jump off again starting tomos...i think the wd will beminor compared to what some a yall been going thru....but know that i am fully supportive and here for anybody who needs a word or an ear.....wish me luck everybody!>..great to be back!...GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!....this is it ....for REAL!!...and THANK YOU HALLIEGIRL u have truly been an inspiration...so proud of you!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItComesAndGoes View Post
Oh wow, how could I forget ... One last symptom that still persists. Low sex drive. For days 1-14 I could not get one single erection, it was horrible. Even now, I get maybe one every 2 days, it really is awful ... I don't really get turned on by much anymore whereas before I started using pills every day I would want to have sex at least once a day. This low sex drive crap is KILLIN ME
wow!!!!.....luckily lol..i was the EXACT OPPOSITE!!...my sex drive was thru the roof lol!!!!....when im on pills its low and pathetic but i tell ya when im off em...LOOK OUT LMAO!!!!/....It will all come bak man ur body is just adjusting to everything....get to the gym and supplement with vitamins and whey proetein that should help!....oh and those little blue diamonds when necessary hahahahah....keep er going man good job stayin clean!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Gotta love that insomnia....NOT. Too much on my brain but I think I am getting sleep. Nite all. And thank for the support, really hard to admit the slip(s) but glad I have
i can totally relate....feels good to have a place where ican be honest and not hide the fact i have this problem....i slipped so easily ...i took it for granted...started thinking this was gonna be a cakewalk...NOPE LOL.....im redy to jump and let the KICK begin.....my last pill was 4 hours ago....fill yall in when the PAIN begins tomos lol!!....GOOD LUCK N GOOD NITE!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

How to keep busy on day 7 - sitting at the pediatrician with my youngest son (no3 kid as he is a twin).
Makida you can do it. It really is mind over matter, I would kill for a little one right now as I hate sitting in the Drs office, the chairs hurt my back so bad and the Carpall Tunnel is outta control but the little guy has a bad cough so important to get it checked out, plus a clean bill so he can go back to school tomorrow and not get sent home!!
Keep on keeping on!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

How to keep busy on day 7 - sitting at the pediatrician with my youngest son (no3 kid as he is a twin).
Makida you can do it. It really is mind over matter, I would kill for a little one right now as I hate sitting in the Drs office, the chairs hurt my back so bad and the Carpall Tunnel is outta control but the little guy has a bad cough so important to get it checked out, plus a clean bill so he can go back to school tomorrow and not get sent home!!
Keep on keeping on!
It does get easier after day 7 , and for me it's been a slow ride but well worth it. My biggest issues are still dealing with the chronic pain issues that seem worse than the even are because of those damn pills! Hang in. You can do this. I made day 28 yesterday but still struggle with cravings but I won't cave ( I hope). Just can't do this wd's again. Stay strong
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day 8 (again!) super busy day today with work, kids - collecting them, feeding them, making sure homework is done, washing the, bodies and hair, deying them and the getting them to go to bed all whilst dealing with 4 loads of laundry. Tomorrow aka Day 9 starts with a morning meeting and the goes into the supermarket shopping which I hate but apparently you have to feed your kids! Talking of which it seems like twin no2 is planning on staying home tomorrow - she's coughing now and it sounds worse than her bros although the medicine seems to work. Will make a decision in the am.
Insomnia is bad, find it hard to fall asleep but eventually do. I am hoping for some zzz'z tonight I hope get a few more zzzz'z and be ready to face the coming day!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It's tough but u can do it. I'm at day 30 today and I still struggle but it's all worth it.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

38 days tomorrow for me off oxy..

Im just getting back into the swing of things.
Day 7-14 was really emotionally tough for me..as well as no sleep.
Day 15-28 was getting better and finally feeling better...with minimal sleep.
Day 29-today. Im not half bad!....clocking about 6-8 hours of sleep now.
My point is....Everything I read was telling me the physical symptoms lasted only a week or so. To me, it's all physical, and I was not even close to myself for almost a month!
Not to scare anyone, but don't feel bad if you feel bad for a month or so...(NOT a week
Good luck to each of you!