Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with your rule (((Medit)))...LOL

(((amy))) (((40T)))

D
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - I've had those episodes when I have to do everything AT LEAST twice. Maybe we're twins, separated at birth?

(((40))) - I can't imagine having to listen to karaoke all the time. I'm totally spoiled by living in the country. I heard all kinds of sirens, the other day, and realized what a rarity it is, the other day. Then I remembered my days on the streets, when it was something I heard on a normal basis...don't miss it at all!

Okay, this is probably going to be long, so I apologize ahead of time.

I got to work, only to find out disturbing news. My store owner owns 3 stores. One of our "sister stores" was robbed Thu. night. Luckily, they are not a 24-hour store, they were closed, so no one was hurt or traumatized. It seems the broken glass was broken from the INSIDE so they're assuming an inside job.

I didn't realize how much it affected me until my boss asked "what is WRONG with you..you aren't even HEARING me". I then realized my mind was thinking "sister store was robbed...we're next" as that's what happened with both the robberies I went through". I had to snap out of it when we had 50-75 kids come in from a rained-out football game and it was a zoo. I did explain, to my mgr, why I was "zoned out" when I was.

My store owner came in, for a while, and got on to me about something and basically, I couldn't do anything right in her eyes. I stood up to her, but she's set in her ways, so I just gave up. My mgr told me to let it roll off my back...I was right and didn't do anythign wrong. Unless I grow eyes in the back of my head, I simply can't do what she expects me to do.

As I was leaving for work, stepmom wanted to talk. She's depressed, thinks we'd all be better off if she was dead, thinks no one loves her, etc. This has come up time and again. I told her I DO love her, and can't imagine my life without her, which is true. However, I told her I AM very angry and frustrated that she does nothing around her, that I DO understand depression but it doesn't just affect her...it greatly affects the rest of us.

I also told her I do understand depression, but she can't just wallow in it..there are things she can do to help herself. I asked her to start out with baby steps...take 15 minutes and do something...like clean off the stuff piled on the couch (our house could be on the show the "hoarders"). She said she'd start tomorrow...I said "why not today..it's 15 minutes". She walked up to me, crying, and said "please don't hate me" and it just broke my heart. I hugged her back, and said "j, I love you so much...if I didn't, I wouldn't give a damn, but I'm angry and frustrated at having to do everything and I'm tired...and I'm going to be late for work".

I also told dad of our conversation.

When I got home, the one thing I'd suggested she do, she did!! I talked to dad, to tell him about the robbery, and he said he'd also talked to her several times. She woke up and I made a big deal of how happy I was that she did what I'd asked and thanked her.

I've strongly suggested that she go visit her sister for a couple of weeks, both to her and dad. I think it would do HER some good, as well as give dad and I a break. Plus, it will give me a chance to clean the house without having to fight with her over trying to throw out stuff (she drags stuff back in from the trash)

Okay, so she just came back in here, to talk. I've told her I will go to a few al-anon meetings with her. I'm giving her 2 days to decide, she says she needs more than that to process it. I told her "no", she'll just delay it. It's hard to get through to someone who was beaten, within an inch of her life by her first husband and verbally abused by my dad, but I'm going to give it a try.

It's been one helluva night, and I'm hoping to go to sleep, now that it's almost 5 a.m.

Sorry to, once again, dump all my issues on you, but writing here is cathartic to me. [I][B]I[I][B] would much rather go on vacation...Oz, TN, Seattle, etc., but hard to do when you're beyond broke

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-14-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Your step mom hopefully will wake up more. I know from the way you speak about her that you do love her, just don't get soft and give her reasons to not take responsibility for herself. Love with firm boundaries. Sounds like Roosevelt with his walk softly and carry a big stick mantra. I pray for you and your family.
Sounds like your store owner has issues, and your manager has some great advice. You've got enough on your plate I hope things get easier for you.

About to catch a short nap here and finish my painting project. I hope I have enough paint, I am the only person I know that is painting the dining room blinds. They are some kind of fabric that over the years have gotten grungy and a nice coat of paint on both sides and they are like NEW. It's vertical blinds I am messing with but has turned into a hard job, harder than I anticipated. So I got half done, waiting on the fronts to dry to do the backs.

40T I bet you know the words to every song by now, you get serenaded!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Amy, Med, 40T, Dee)) Hope you're all good or things look up for ya.
((All you others))

Question: Why is it that some days I just feel dead inside and other I feel awesome? I wish I understood that.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish I understood that too, (((Jase)))

D
Old 08-15-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Me, too! ****{Jason}}} I think it's called "life."
Old 08-16-2010, 02:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

The site must have been down for a bit, I could not get the main page to even load. Maybe it's regular take down and houseclean time for the site or I wonder if it's on my end.

Has everybody got the summer blahs? Where is everybody? I already pm'd Amy looking for her and Jay I hope things are getting easier for you and your family.

Not much new for me, just my obsessive house cleaning going on, I sort of took today off a bit and only cleaned out the fridge. I am going to tackle painting the garage floor but I think it might be harder than I imagine it's going to be. Just really hard due to the difficulty on getting it hosed down and a clean surface and all the stuff I have to haul out of there. But it will really make that garage if it gets a floor paint. I won't feel bad about putting my big bins in there from all this major house attack. Stuff we don't really want but stuff we don't want to part with, and it all needs a nice storage unit someplace but that's expensive. I go thru and toss about every 6 months stuff for the trash, the goodwill or whatever just to try to keep the clutter from getting over my head. And it's just clutter you get from being married 25 years, having children, cause I sure know when I first got married we had so little. I really like space and apparently it's important to me.

Okay then hope all you guys are staying cool and I have no idea what temp Dee is dealing with but I am ready for rain and for some cooler temps.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pretty cool in the mornings still but getting warmer in the days now down here

Yeah the site was down for me too, meditation.
I know nothing - I just work here LOL

D
Old 08-16-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wow, quite a bit has gone on.. Wish I could log on more often!
((Amy)) Sorry to hear about your uncle. How is he doing? And ya know, the first thing I'd think if your step-mom was in my family is that she's manipulating you, but you know her and I do not, so only you can make the call. And we all know that we won't stop abusing drugs until we're ready or dead. Unfortunately. I think meetings would be good for both of them too and Brit has you! Don't count yourself out for sure. I am also glad you came here to let it out. Sorry I wasn't around then. Stupid school and work.
Speaking of which, LOSSA homework. Ugh. Every quarter comes with more and more of the junk and it's only 15 hours of class a week. Also, hang in there on the robbery stuff (it's actually a burglary when no one is "home" LOL). Hopefully nothing of the sort will happen to you.
Alas, the heat broke and it's nicer weather. The stretching exercises (I did the knees to the tummy one in bed) has worked enough to make it tolerable and eventually I'll get a chance to google doctors/health clinics around here.
Hope everyone is doing well. Off to homework/paper writing land I go. *wah*
Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yes, SR was down and I was in withdrawals.

Well, things have come more to light, lately, and it's actually my DAD who is causing more problems. I won't go into it here, but lets just say he has some serious issues and I would call it emotional abuse towards my stepmom. Her first husband was an alcoholic and beat the hell out of her, and now this. I've known about it, for some time, just not how bad it was.

It's killing me. I love him. I love her. Yesterday was the first time I really, really wanted to get numb...didn't give a damn HOW, I just wanted to not think or feel. I didn't. I'm surprised my laptop didn't burn up with me e-mailing ((Lenina)) and ((Tess)) and was about to e-mail ((Med)) but finally fell asleep. Thank God, I had the sense to do that. Today I called my aunt, and that helped, too.

Stepmom has been cleaning up. I told her I would help her, gave her some suggestions I've learned from the FLYlady site, which is really cool. I told her to just take 15 minutes and do something. Her plan is to get the house cleaned up and leave....for good. Her sister in SC has said she CAN stay there. I'm now confident that even if we live in different places, we'll still be family. I know she has problems, but I also know that when you've been beaten down you're entire life, it's hard to get back up. I won't baby her, but I will encourage her. No one deserves to feel like their worthless.

I checked out schools up by ((Med)) and also in MN, where my family lives but they stress the words "background check" and that scares me. I was seriously thinking of moving to one of those places, somehow. I am in full-blown PTSD. I couldn't even remember that I have a mental health assessment in the morning. I remembered that I TALKED to them, but that was it. If I hadn't e-mailed Tess what time it was, I wouldn't have a clue when to be there.

((Desert Eyes aka Mike)) had read one of my posts and has been a Godsend pm'ing me. He's given me other options if they turn me down tomorrow, because I'm on meds, which would be stupid, but I'll just have to wait and see. I've got to do stores, tomorrow..I haven't even started. I could have gone to VA with dad, tonight, made some money, but I don't think being cooped up in a van with him is a good idea.

On a good note, I got a "new" used tire today. Been using the same place for years and their tires last forever, unless I run over a nail, or run off the road. The brake light that had come on, only came on because the donut tire was a different size. Took me going to 2 places to find that out, but I know have another mechanic I trust, and that's always a good thing.

I got sick of wearing my one pair of jeans that were baggy, so got a new pair and in a smaller size I've been running around the house, yelling "I'm in a size 10!!!" and the cats think I've lost my mind. Just a little FYI, at one time I wore a size 24-26, so a size 10 is pretty cool.

I also had a nice little chat with my store owner when I went to pick up my check. They'd taken out $13 from my paycheck for my drawer being short, yet I wasn't there when it was counted. From now on, I will count my own drawer, either with the mgr or they can count it later. I also have her permission to tell my store mgr "no, I will NOT clean up the mess that the previous shift left", which he's done quite frequently. His favorite words are "Amy will clean it up". Not any more! She's also hired several "high-schoolers" and she said they can work the front counter, so I can work in other areas. I told her how frustrated I was that I can't learn anything else because if it's busy, I'm too slow, but if it's slow, I'm cleaning and stocking. I think she's still unreasonable on some aspects, but overall it was a constructive meeting, even though I'm still out $13.

So, I'm okay for now. Brain dead, but okay. I've got to buy a printer, as when dad bought his new computer, something screwed up and we can't get the printer to work. I need to print out my transcript requests and get that going so I can apply for school. I'm thinking hard (which is not easy when you're brain isn't working) on how to get more financially stable. I've given up my fear of financial aid at school and am going to apply for everything I can get.

I am grateful for my recovery. Even a year ago, I don't know that I'd be strong enough to get through all this, but now? It's just a challenge, and one I fully intend to meet, head on.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

(((HenHousers))))

I posted last night but it didn't take, I guess.

(((Jay))) When we have alive days, we know we are capable of feeling better. I try to remember that on the days I don't feel good. At least I know the bad feelings are my only mode.

I'm having a not so good day. Ole Slummy is scuzzing around. He wants to know when I'll be "out" and if not, he'll make other "plans" which is a threat of eviction. I am so full of rage I could just scream. Hubs drove me around and got me an ice cream cone to settle me down but now the ice cream is churning in my stomach. I don't like this feeling.

So, Hubs and I told each other our silliest jokes, other than our savings account. I'd recount them here but they are sort of "shaggy dog" stories and would take too long to type. LOL So, I guess I'm going to be OK. I was able to laugh. I still wouldn't mind having a bazooka though....

I leave again tomorrow for work. I don't want to go but I'll be better off in a place where I have to perform rather than sit around in my evil thoughts.

Just all of you know I do think about you. I send my best thoughts every day.

My life is usually pretty peaceful as I've worked hard to make it that way. I think this is why I get so stirred up over Ole Slummy. He's so creepy!

Well, I've got a good book to read, actually I have several so I'm good. I just have to know what's going to happen will be for the good, the better or the best.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Amy))) just keep reminding yourself to take care of you, sweetie
and calm blue ocean (((Lee))) I'm sending you my best beatific zen juju

D
Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It sounds like the month of August is the month that everybody makes a move or wants somebody to move, it must be the pivotal month of change. Lenina...... just don't know what to say but that I hope things get better. Soon and fast.

Amy, just know that things will all work out. I believe that. I still have hope in me that things will work out for all of us. I have printer problems all the time. I have gotten to the point that I save things to a flash drive and go to kinko's and print out there. Printer ink costs more than the printer.

Love to all you guys. Just love.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:13 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

(((Dee))) - Thanks, sweetie. I wish I COULD go to the ocean, but I'm just going to plan a trip. It may be a while, but that's okay. I am going to MN in 2 months, and it's the "land of 10,000 lakes" so I'm sure I can find some water

(((Lenina))) - Tess and I have a make-believe uzi...wanna borrow it?

(((Med))) - I didn't know you could put stuff on a flash drive and print it at Kinko's! I've gotten dad's inkjets refilled at Walgreen's and it wasn't that bad and they worked fine. I'm sure he'll get his printer working soon, as it's also his fax machine and he uses it for work. I don't worry about a copier, as we have one of those, too. Oh great, I just remembered I'm supposed to print a copy of a memo to take with me to stores. Guess I'll have to get the printer early, before I do stores.

I guess I need to get the address of where I'm supposed to be in 8 hours, huh? Sleep might be a good idea, too. I really do feel discombobulated

(((Jay))) (((Norty))) (((Everyone else)))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-17-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Old 08-17-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

((Amy)) I know how you feel about being a smaller size. Before crack I was the same size. After crack, and still today, I have a hard time recognizing myself. I had gotten down to a 10-12, recently to 12-14. I plan to do some exercising once my back is feeling better, to get back to a 10-12. I really like being smaller, not in that I go for that image crap, but I enjoy just feeling better. More healthy. Not that there is anything wrong with smaller sizes either, but I don't want to get under a 10. I like who I am at that size. And I want to stay that way. Since I cannot do much with my sore back, I have cut down sugar and pop intake as well as sweet stuff like candy and ice cream. I still partake, just keep reducing it each week.
Sorry about the loss of 13 bucks. McDonald's is stupid. What's 13 bucks to them, overall, compared to what it means to you? Ya know? And I agree, count your drawer. I wouldn't trust half those brain burners.. I won't eat there because of the way they treat their employees. You're not the only one with horror stories. My son and two of my former emergency placement kids worked there. They had some stories..
Got most of my homework done. Didn't finish the outlines and didn't want to. LOL! Only have three chapters (instead of the usual 5-6) due next week, so I figure I can catch up then. I also need to do my ethics paper, but it's stupid so it will not take long.
SO ((Wendy)), got any more goofball photos?? Love the Gary Beusey (sp??) one!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Windy~ lovely family photo....... your kids look just like you........ what is in the water there? J?K I know a Bussey when I see one.

CQ~ Just give me 1/2 of your energy please. I don't know where you get the strength. You are an inspiration.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I dunno know what to say to you guys. ((hugs))

I'm fine