Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 8

Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jings! Hope you get some rest soon (((Amy)))

D
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

It took me a few hours to get to sleep, but I finally did, with Elvis cradled in my arms, my face snuggled up next to him

My CAR IS READY!!!!! Stepmom is taking me up there to get it, and I am headed out to get stores.

I'll be back later.

Love you all!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I am finally feeling a bit stronger today. I am not sleeping well, and for some strange reason I am having nightmares that literally scare me into complete wakefulness. I don't really know what these are stemming from. I think mine was fever induced.

I've gotten off schedule on my obsessive cleaning/painting. And it's driving me a bit crazy to not be feeling productive. I did get an early xmas present which was 2 bookcases from my mom so I can complete the basement organization. When I finish the other half of the basement painting I can attack that office area and put up those book cases. I also am going to paint 2 bathrooms and I am thinking about the kitchen. I get thwarted on finding the time to run errands and finish these things.

Okay then hope all the hens get some better sleep soon.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's ok to rest when you feel sick ((((meditation)))....
that sound you hear is Mrs Dee fainting at my hypocrisy LOL

D
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

yeah I know I need to lighten up on myself. It's just I think I am afraid of losing momentum. It has taken me this long to get back into my pre addiction goal driven mode. I was always doing something or cleaning or being productive. When the addiction hit I was still high functioning but it had a laid back edge to it. I think I was llike "normal" people when I was addicted, now I am back, the old me is finally surfacing from layers of procrastination. I never had a weight problem pre addction. I never stopped. I probably have ADHD but I am not getting on any more medications to treat it, I will live with it, the last thing I need is more drugs.

Pick Mrs. Dee off the floor. I realize too that Australia is the land of some serious bugs and animals that will kill you ...... you guys probably have invented some form of bug spray that really works.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Ahh, mosquitoes are a subject near and dear to my heart. My blood must be like crack cocaine or heroin for the little biters. If there is one within 100 miles, it will fly till it finds me. Had to walk around my yard with someone doing an estimate for a mere 10 minutes Saturday and got eaten up alive. I've tried all the normal products along with Skin So Soft and Bounce dryer sheets to no avail. Did some extensive research a few years ago and bought a garlic product to spray the yard with (they supposedly use it in National Parks.) Still had mosquitoes and the entire neighborhood smelled like an Italian restaurant for a couple of weeks! Thank godz for my screened in porch.

Amy, I hate that you are struggling so with one obstacle after another. I keep waiting to see things make a turn around for you, and I'm sure they will. No one deserves it more.

Med, my kindred spirit, sorry you've been feeling poorly and hope you're back to painting and organizing soon.

Lenina, still sending good vibes for that new, perfect home.

Jay, Quack, Dee, big hugs coming at'cha!
~40
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - I hope you're feeling better, sweetie, and are taking some time to take care of you. I hope to get up there this next month and I'll HELP you do some of that stuff you've got on your to-do list (no, really...I LOVE doing other people's stuff, it's my OWN I hate!!) I'm on a FLYlady kick and trying to get motivated to tackle OUR house...sigh.

((Dee)) I hope Mrs. Dee has found her way off the floor

((40)) - I have a friend, from here, that actually has a business doing the garlic spraying stuff, but what she does only smells garlicky (is that a word) for about 10 min. She's up in MN, got her business going by word of mouth and, last I heard, was doing pretty good. Thanks for the good laugh about your blood being like crack cocaine to mosquitoes Anvil's other half has some kind of super-duper fish bait, and since their both recovering crackheads, they call it fish crack or something like that.

I DID have a very, very good day. Went to get my car, stepmom and I were sitting there talking to Dave and he wiggled his finger at me to come over to his desk. He showed me a piece of paper and said "this is what it cost me"...$196.85. Showed me another piece of paper and said "and this is your bill"...$196.85..NO LABOR!!!

I squealed, gave him a big hug and said "I LOVE YOU!!!" He just grinned and said "gotta take care of my girl!!" The battery was actually fine, once it got charged, car runs great, though the power windows seem to have an attitude (that's been going on, but as long as the driver's window works, I'm okay), so I trotted my happy a$$ out of there with a HUGE grin on my face and got 5 stores done. I've been thinking of something nice to do for him. I do counted cross stitch, okay I've DONE it, but haven't done it in a while. Everyone loves my work, and I'm doing something (SOON) for the wedding I'm going to in Oct. As soon as I finish it, I'm going to do something with a guitar on it, as Dave plays guitar with his buddies. I think he'd really like that, and he can hang it in is office or at home. I'll make sure it's "manly" but he'll think it's cool that I took the time (and it DOES take time), but he's worth it.

I have one more night of sleep meds, dr. is out AGAIN, so I guess I'll be back on the no-sleep mode for a while. Hopefully my meds will come from the manufacturer soon.

It's hot as hell, here and I passed a sign that said "Snow predicted within 24 hours"...WTF? Way at the bottom of the sign it said, in little letters, "somewhere"...too funny. I wish it WOULD snow, right now!! Even an 80-degree day would be nice.

I'm going to try to cool down enough to get some sleep. I've got stores all over everywhere tomorrow, so will be ever so grateful I have a/c in my car!

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

Only 12 degrees to go til I get snow...that would be one for the 'papers tho LOL

glad today was better (((Amy)))
D
Old 08-24-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

UGH. I can't sleep. I know that's nothing new but sometimes it just drives me up the wall. I swear to god, some days it's like I'm still on speed but without the happy feelings that come with it. I just stay up for hours and hours and hours can my brain just won't fxcking shut down. I wrote a blog yesterday (no wait, that was today I guess, technically) at 3 am (which I'm sure didn't make much sense) cause I was pissed at my mom (family therapy stuff was yesterday) and I just kept thinking about it and thinking about it and thinking about it some more until I thought I was going to spontaneously combust. That woman sometimes just knows how to punch and kick all the right buttons to get me going. I haven't felt this mad or psycho for a long time in regards to my mom. I just wish she would stop badgering me. Just once.

((Amy, 40T, Med, Dee)) - I want some snow to play in too
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - I always heard our parents know how to push our buttons because they installed them. Not much help, I know.

Sorry you can't sleep. I'll be right there with you by tomorrow, I'm sure. I hate it when your brain won't shut-the-hell-up. I want a little "mute" button installed in mine. I've tried the "la la la la la" stuff but I annoy MYSELF and the cats really don't like it.

I know I'm no help, but I do understand. My mind got stuck, today, on how Brit has just totally shut me out. She absolutely will not respond to my txt, answer my calls, etc. She'll talk to my DAD, but not me? She even answered a call from her "sperm donor", from jail. It took a while, but I finally just had to accept I don't know what's going on in that 17-year-old brain of hers and I can't do a damned thing about it, but keep sending her txts to let her know I love her, every now and then. With your mom, it's harder because it affects you AND Kirby, and you're dragged into this "therapy" once a month for no reason that I can see, other than to prove she's still an unfit mother.

BTW, I forgot about my bad news. My uncle's tumor WAS cancer, but they think they got it all...not sure about the lymph nodes. Neither he, nor my g'ma know yet (he has slight brain damage from an accident decades ago, and is pretty emotional, right now). He's supposed to go to a nursing home for a few days, then maybe home, but I guess it depends on the treatment plan. Dad had colon cancer at age 41, but only had to have radiation treatment, so I'm hoping for the same for uncle Joe.

Hugs and prayers (extra hugs to you (((Jay)))),

Amy
Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Guess what I saw today!? A BLACK BEAR.

I was walking in one of the state parks around here with Goliath and bounding across the trail came a big black bear about 200 ft ahead of me. He didn't stick around long but me and Goliath stopped and stood for a bit before moving on in case there were more to follow, but there weren't. It was cool though, wish I had my camera, he was huge!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
Guess what I saw today!? A BLACK BEAR.

I was walking in one of the state parks around here with Goliath and bounding across the trail came a big black bear about 200 ft ahead of me. He didn't stick around long but me and Goliath stopped and stood for a bit before moving on in case there were more to follow, but there weren't. It was cool though, wish I had my camera, he was huge!
You saw a mexican girl with blond hair !?!?!?

You call that an Osa Negra.

get it?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

(((Windy))) - you are so bad

(((Jay))) - how cool!! I always looked for bears when we were up in the mountains, but never saw one. Is your camera fixed, now?

I got fed up with my computer today, and took it to the guy dad had last taken his to. Mine is "severly infected" with viruses However, he's really cool and is going to wipe it clean, take out Vista and install Windows 7 for $65..it will be ready tomorrow. Dad said he'll pay for it as an early b'day present.

Speaking of b'days, I have on my calendar, that today is ((Dreamscape))/Joe's b'day, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!

My car, I think, is also severely out of alignment, after I ran off the road and blew the tire. I didn't finish my stores, as it was shaking so bad when I got above 40 mph, I just didn't think I needed to put another 100 miles on it. I'll take it to the tire store tomorrow.

My stepsister took Brit, her bf, and stepmom to dinner for Brit's belated b'day present (along with some VERY nice jewelry). Stepmom happened to talk to the hiring mgr, told her about me, and the lady asked how old I was, how much experience, and gave her an application and told her to have me bring it back quick! This would be waiting tables in a much nicer restaurant than where I was (O'Charley's). It's right down the road from where I already work.

So, tomorrow I have to pick up my "practically new" laptop, get my care aligned, and apply for a job. Somewhere, along the way I have to try to get in a nap, as I work all night tomorrow night. I'm tired, now, so staying up tonight is not an option.

Dad is on his way to NC, so I'm using his laptop. He has about 5 mouses he couldn't get to work with it, so I found the one that does.

The cats are out roaming the house, while the dog is on my bed...don't know what's up with that, but I'm sure Elvis will find his way in for his nightly snuggles.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

((((HenHousers)))

(((Jay))) I've never seen a real bear outside of a zoo! Lucky you! I'm sorry your Mom is still being her usual self. As far as the dreams go, really do try to get the book "Dream Power" by Dr. Anne Faraday. If the public library doesn't have it, they will order it for you.

I know when I began to understand the symbols in my dreams, I was better able to understand what was going on with me. And we all have symbols in our dreams that are unique to ourselves. Plus, I think learning about these symbols will help you with your art. The metaphors you can use in your photography.

((((40)))) Thanks for the good wishes and vibes. Please keep them coming. And with the mosquitoes, I've heard taking vitamin B12 and eating garlic makes the blood not taste good to them and they don't like the smell either. So, you might try upping your B12 and garlic intake! I rarely get bit more than once or twice by mosquitoes but the spiders seem to like me. LOL

((((windy))) that is one strange and amusing pic! Did you see Rachael Maddow today? She had a good piece of the recovery from Katrina and BP. Yes, I know she's a communiss and all but it was a good piece.

(((Amy))) Do check out the new job. And I hope you get the car situation fixed. I hate dealing with car issues! And we need new brakes here. It's always something, I tell you!

(((med))) Hang in there! Just know my thoughts are with you. Some days are just one foot, other foot, forward we go.

(((Dee))) Stay warm!

I'm still looking for a place to live. It's so complicated and upsetting. Slummy is being a real jerk. He's the most self-absorbed guy I know.

My Hubs is sick with what I think is the flu. He's running a temp, got aches and pains and just not feeling well at all. I've been dosing him with all the stuff I know. He stayed home from work today and he never does that so I know it's serious. I got him some Light Cranberry juice and Diet 7 Up to mix together so he'll drink lots of fluids. And taking the EmergenC 1000 mgs of C and using Zicam. If his temp doesn't stabilize by tomorrow, he's going to the doctor, like it or afford it or not.

Mostly, he's slept all day, so that's good.

I've had all the flu shots so I don't think I'll get it. I do have a bit of sniffles but I think it's just allergies. And I am just a little grumpy but I think that's just me! LOL

Hugs to everyone! I do wish our MIA's would check in. I miss you guys! ((((norty))) ((((Bear))))

Much love,

Lenina
Old 08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Well I got the garage finally painted. Now after it dries, I can put back everything in order and begin to work on the next phase.
I got some help to haul off some things to the dump that the trash won't take and goodwill won't take.
Hubby is starting back up with physical therapy so he's going to be more than miserable feeling sore with this shoulder. He's not had therapy in a month due to waiting out this infection to heal.
Daughter's school starts next week, so I guess I am going to be the transportation.

I think it's great that you might be able to get out of working at McD's Amy.
I mean they promised to train you as an asst manager and I've done that sort of thing, been promised jobs on hiring and the promises evaporate, they got me right where they wanted me. It's frustrating and it's hard to build trust.
Yep it's your alignment. I hit a brick wall in rehab and trashed my alignment and it shook at speeds over 50 mph.

We took my car into the car mechanic yesterday because it was shaking on turns. I was afraid it was power steering fluid or something bad and they said it was normal with 4 wheel drive. I don't believe it. I've had that car for 10 years and it never shook. I probably will have to get a 2nd opinion on that but they did tell me my brakes were absolutely shot and some sort of fluid was leaking out the middle of the back end of the car . I am about sick over this. So I had to get all 4 brakes replaced. Not cheap and I don't know how that's going to get paid off.

But you know it's a small price to pay for driving and having an accident without brakes.

40T yep we do sound a bit alike.

Lenina......... I know it's one step at a time.

jay hope you get some sleep soon.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

The irony of addiction is the entire time I was messed up I never hurt this car but the minute I get in rehab and drive sober I hit a brick wall. Makes sense right? That was back in 2008. And to clarify the shaking on turns thing just started this spring. And it's not the alignment now cause that's fine. I can drive 65 and no shaking but go 2 miles an hour and turn the wheel and shake shake shake your booty.......
Old 08-27-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Well, I was right..it was the alignment and it had eaten through two tires, so now have 3 of the 4 tires on my car replaced, and it is aligned. One of my credit cards maxed out again Got my computer back, and though I need a new keyboard (he ordered one for $13), it works like brand new!! Went by O'Charley's but the same lady wasn't there, so just dropped off my app with the guy that WAS there, and told him that my stepmom had talked to the lady last night and she'd told her to tell me to get my app in "quick"

I'm heading off to work, don't really WANT to work overnight, but don't have a choice. It's not the NIGHT part of it, I just don't like breakfast shift Oh well, 2 nights, I can do this.

Love, hugs, and prayers to all!!

Amy