Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 8

Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

YouTube - The Arcade Fire- "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"- Spec Video

You should all have a listen . Ignore the video with it, I have no idea what that has to do with the song... I'm also kind of a lyric maniac and always want to know what they're saying if they say something really quiet or you can't make it out (like is some parts of this song) so here are the lyrics:

And if the snow buries my...
My neighborhood

And if my parents are crying,
Then I'll dig a tunnel from my window to yours
Yeah, a tunnel from my window to yours

You climb out the chimney
And meet me in the middle
The middle of the town
And since there's no one else around,
We let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know
Then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow

You change all the lead sleeping in my head
As the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn...

Then, we tried to name our babies
But we forgot all the names that,
The names we used to know
But sometimes,
We remember our bedrooms and our parent's bedrooms and the bedrooms of our friends
Then we think of our parents...
Well, whatever happened to them?!

You change all the lead sleeping in my head to gold
As the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn
It's the song I've been trying to sing...

Purify the colors, purify my mind
Purify the colors, purify my mind
And spread the ashes of the colors over this heart of mine!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) - I didn't get your e-mail

(((Jay))) - sorry about you having people over getting drunk. Someone got drunk at McD's, I guess, and puked in the sink in the men's room. Seems they ALWAYS do it when I have to clean the bathrooms. Good thing I'm a nurse, and that stuff doesn't make ME puke, but it's still no fun cleaning it up.

(((CQ))) - okay, we are most definitely twins separated at birth, several years apart. Driving home, my damned battery light came on, with an alert that says "check charging system" Dammit. I said "God, PLEASE don't let this be anything major". A few seconds later, the lights went out. I was convinced it was divine intervention, but then the lights came back on...sigh. I'll have to get up early and go to the auto parts store because my mechanic is off weekends and I think they have the diagnostic thingie. I'm praying it's the battery and not the alternator. Like you said, I drive the hell out of my car, and things are going to break or wear out. This just couldn't happen at a worse time. I also hear ya on the youngun's who think they should have life handed them on ta silver platter. Brit is one of them. She hasa rude awakening coming.

I got my transcript requests sent off, so that's the first step for getting into school. Also got confirmation that my info was received at Astra Zeneca, and they are putting a "rush" on it, so hopefully will get my sleep meds soon.

Work actually went pretty good. I finally feel like I've got my "groove on" in the areas I'm working. I'd put new music on my phone, so we sang and danced the whole shift. The customers thought it was pretty cool. Store owner came in, and I've decided that we will just NEVER do anything right. My mgr told me I'd done nothing wrong, that I do a good job, and just let it roll off my back, so I did. I was telling them about Brit, showing them pictures and talking about how pretty she is. My mgr said "Amy, YOU are pretty, I bet you were a knockout when you were young!!" I'm still in shock. All I see is wrinkles and bad teeth.

Things are calm at home. Brit's being uncooperative about getting her separation notice from her job, which stepmom needs for DFACS. She told stepmom her phone was dying. I mentioned that I'm sure, wherever she is, there's another phone then let it go.

Oh yeah, the mgr I used to have a problem with said she has a meeting with the store owner in the morning and she's going to tell her that she's noticed that when she comes in, I'm always working, other's are standing around and it's like "Amy will do it" and she just doesn't think that's right. Hmmm, that's exactly what I told the store owner LAST week about the store mgr. It's pretty nice to know that people notice I work hard. She said she wants everyone on her shift to know everything and may put me on the "table", making the food. I told her "well, you won't get ANYTHING, 'cause I don't know **** about making food!!" She doesn't, either, so I don't think that's such a good idea.

Okay, I think I'm getting sleepy, so will try to go to sleep.

Hugsand prayers,

Amy
Old 08-21-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

YouTube - ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY - "Motor Ready"
Old 08-21-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I'm about to try to go back to sleep, for a little bit. Dad checked out my car and it looks like my alternator belt is about worn through. Don't know why I didn't think of the BELT. XABF #1 was a "backyard mechanic" and I've helped rebuild a 53 Ford F-100, our Dodge motorhome engine, and even tinkered with a few boat motors out on the lake, when we'd get stranded. Of course, I just did what I was told, but I'm not totally motor-ignorant. I've heard you can use panty-hose in an emergency, as a replacement for a belt, but I have to agree with (((CQ's))) bf about the newer cars....the stuff is so cramped in the engine space, you can't GET in there!! I also have no tools, except a screwdriver

I also have corrosion on a battery terminal. Dad said the car cranked right up, warning lights came, he turned it off, then it wouldn't crank back up. He used the charger, got it cranked and then the damned brake warning light came back on? He's on his way to the auto parts store to have them scan it. I'll take stepmom's car to work tonight, and won't drive MY car except to the mechanic's on Monday.

My hips are achy, I'm convinced it's arthritis and stepmom is right...rain makes it worse. I, however, go to work, instead of laying in the bed with a heating pad.

Ferocious Fredrica (our 12-pound chihuahua) is barking at something. Funny thing is, she usually barks, but hides under a pillow or blankie. If anyone knocks on our door, or rings the doorbell, she continues to bark, long after they're in the next county...sigh. I have to tell her "you did your job, GOOD GIRL, now shut the hell up!!", give her some TLC and then she'll calm down.

Okay, going to try to go back to sleep. I'll watch the videos, tonight, when I get home. OFF tomorrow!!!!

Oh damn, I just realized I have to WORK on Monday.......guess I'll have to see if it's okay with stepmom to leave her stranded for another day?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-21-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I had alternator problems with my car not long back. It died in the middle of the road. I hate being sitting duck with cars that decide to die in traffic. Plenty of dang parking lots and driveways for those issues and yeah it made me angry like the car did it on purpose. Not a sane thought but If I could have driven that car over a cliff I would have and waved bye bye. I got it fixed and sold it because it was one of those cars that from the get go was always breaking, engine blew on the interstate when I had had it 6 weeks. I can't afford to always buy new cars but I won't buy a used one unless I know the person and how they maintained it. No more car dealer used cars.

I got my garage clean and am waiting on that sunny day to start painting today was rainy. Naturally once I do a project like this my cat decides to kill a bird in less than 24 hours after the cleaning and spread bird bits and feathers all over my clean garage. I bang head and ask why........ and back to my motto... IF YOU DO IT ONCE YOU MUST DO IT TWICE. It's stupid and silly and not worth even mentioning and nothing compared to real problems in life and other than money issues right now I don't have any problems. I am grateful, it's just funny how silly things still can annoy me.
I am doing great though. I needed the exercise.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hi chickens.

((Amy))- Sorry bout the car troubles...I know nothing about them. At least you're getting some recognition at MCDs for all the hard work/long hours you've been putting in, it's about time huh.

((Med))- It's only the natural instinct of a cat (or dog really) to mess up everything and anything clean. At least both Goliath and Holly (Jake's cat) have proved that too me. Every time I vacuum something they make it a point to go lay on it and roll around about 2 minutes afterwards, leaving all their fuzzy fur behind for me to enjoy...

I am extremely tired... I did not get very much "restful" sleep last night. I had a really weird dream, it wasn't scary, it was just weird. I was in Canada (??) and there was this restaurant on the 15th floor, I think I was in a hotel or something, and it had a big glass window WALL where you could see this concert going on on the other side with MILLIONS of people cheering, waving, dancing, etc. I stared at it, and then I turned my head and there was this big throne type chair, and my sister was asleep on it with a baby next to her, and one of my older cousins (I think it was her baby next to my sister, she just recently had one *that I've never met*) was laying on the floor with her head poking out from behind the chair asleep, and her husband was sitting in another chair with his feet propped up on top the "throne chair", also asleep. I then walked down into a sunken living room area with couches, a fire place, and table with a ton of little trinkets on it. I pushed all the trinkets off the table in anger and then went to the couch and fell asleep. Then I was woken up (in the dream) by some guy in a wheelchair and then I actually woke up. Wtf. It was one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had and it certainly does not make any sense to me. Very vivid though. A lot of red and orange colors.

Anyway, I'm off to my psych appointment...oh boy.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I'm about a page behind, but I guess my lack of knowledge about Pinky and the Brain shows both my age, and the age of my children. Damn, it's hard to keep up with everything as we get older!

Interesting dream, Jay. Dreams can be so puzzling as to their meanings. I've read a few dream interpretation books, but they never seem to match my dreams or give me much insight. I do like the theory that we are solving real life problems with dreams and don't have to understand because it's all at the sub-conscious level. Makes me feel better about some of the weird stuff my mind comes up with anyway!

Amy and CQ, I just hate that you are having car problems. There's not much I hate worse. I hope the problems are minor and don't cost an arm and a leg to repair.

Lenina, any progress on the new home front? I'm still visualizing you in a fresh, new place that matches your personality to a tee.

Med, I think we are a lot alike. If I'm not organizing, cleaning or painting something I'm not happy. But while I'm doing it, I'm aching all over and not very happy either. Go figure. And at least you only do things twice. I painted my bedroom 4 times and still am not thrilled with the color. Will probably paint again before the year is out!

Hugs to all~40
Old 08-21-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 40Thieves View Post
Pinky and the Brain??dunno
Warner Brother's cartoon. Google it. LOL. Oh, and fun fact, my race car's name is Pinky and the Brain. I call her PATB for short. The reason I named her this is because the cartoon was one of my favorites and playing at the time I bought the car in 1995 and because it is the first car I had owned with a computer (brain) and the license plate said XOT ( sounds like ZOT, LOL and Pinky always said weird words like that). One of the best toons. Brain was always trying to take over the world. Two mice on a mission.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

My ISP sucked for most of the morning - seems to be nearly ok now

D
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Where or where is our Amy girl...where or where could she be?

And Daisy, Norty, Bear, and Chery. Come backkk
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Great, I posted another one of my novels and it isn't HERE??!?!

((40)) - so good to see you!! Could ya send me some of your cleaning and organizing engery?! Please?!?!

((Med)) I've only seen one dead bird, and it was by my car, feathers intact. Either my cats are too lazy, or they do their hunting out in the woods.

((Dee)) - Glad your ISP is doing better. My external hard drive backup isn't working. Have no clue how to fix it, as the download program to detect what the problem is won't download?

((Windy))

((Jay)) - I have really weird dreams, too, and they almost ALWAYS involve people that have/had no relationship in real life and are usually in really vivid colors. A lot of times I don't remember them, or not very long, but I remember they made absolutely no sense.

I worked late, as they were short-staffed, as usual, and the new guy was struggling trying to make the food. I took over the kid's cash register (with his permission) in back DT and he helped with the food. I was told, over and over, how much they appreciated me staying. I finally went home, after realizing I'd had 4 hours sleep in 38 hours. They now expect me to play my music (hip-hop) on my phone, and everyone sings and dances The customers LOVE it, even the older people who don't have a clue what we're singing..they just see employees having a good time, smiling, and working together to get their food out to them QUICK. I got another $1 tip when I ran some food out to a DT customer who's food took a few minutes to cook, and as he handed it to me, he said "bless you". I wonder if he has a clue how much those little gestures meant to me?

I was going to clean my car out when I woke up. I KNOW my messy room and car is somehow linked with my low self-esteem, and I don't tackle either unless I'm forced or get a burst of feeling REALLY good and full of energy. Since I've got to take it to a mechanic, I'm somewhat forced.

Dad started yelling at me, as soon as I walked out of my room, saying "I always ask you to clean out your car and you never listen" and was shaking his finger at me. Good thing we were several feet away, as I was raised (he must have forgotten this part) that you NEVER get in anyone's face. My mom would get LIVID at this and I'm the same way. Brit learned this lesson at age 3, though I just told her "do NOT hit me in my face" and walked away. Anyway, I told him "and I always ask YOU to get help with your anger issues and you never listen to me", very calmly. He yells back "I HAVE anger issues because you won't clean out your car!!" Oh really.

I just walked back to my room, lit a cigarette, grabbed the pack and my bb, so I could get hold of someone if I needed to, or e-mail, and was trying to find my flip flops. Stepmom checked in on me, and I told her I was fine, that this was NOT going to escalate and went outside and began cleaning my car.

Dad came out and apologized. He said he felt that I have no pride and that makes him sad. I told him I DON'T have much self esteem and that yelling at me doesn't help much and that was the end of that conversation.

My car battery won't hold a charge. I don't have a receipt for the battery but he says it says "advanced auto" on the battery. I'm sure I bought it at the one 2 miles from the house, but they want a receipt. My favorite mechanic, Dave, won't take credit cards, but dad says he'll pay for whatever it is, and I can pay him back, and he'll write a check, so I can take it to Dave. He's the one I often stop by just to say "hi" and get/give a hug.

Dad has a trip tonight, but should be home by about 11a.m., so I'll jumpstart the car and go up there and he will follow me. Hopefully, it will get me up there. It's about 5 miles. I've got to be at work at 3.

They scheduled me for 40 hours, but I asked for an extra day off, and to only work 4 8-hour shifts/week. I left a note explaining about my car, and that when they cut my hours, so much, I picked up "extra stuff" (stores) to make up the difference. It's not really true, but in a way it is. I DO have stores to do, and I still have to finish this semester of school. I would like to have a day off, with no stores or school or McD's, once in a while. I think they're getting more dependent on me, as we just don't have enough good help on 2nd or 3rd shift (unlike 1st, which has a ton of help), but they can deal with the consequences. Had they left me on the schedule I was on, for weeks and weeks, I'd have been fine and would have adjusted. They cut my hours, deal with it. Besides, I don't like working in a hot restaurant (yeah, the air in the front half the store isn't working so great, again), short-staffed 5 nights a week. AND the extra hours doesn't really make that much of a difference in my pay...sad, huh?

So, there's my novel-for-the-day, again. The DOG has been staying on my bed, for most of the past couple of days, don't think she likes it when dad yells, and stepmom asked me "do you think my DOG has PTSD?" but she's back in there, sleeping with dad before he goes out on his trip.

Oh yeah..stepmom made a friend in her subs. abuse class who's a recovering alkie. Just found out she has a lot of land....and HORSES!! I asked her to ask the lady if I could go horseback riding...I'd take her down there so they could visit (they talk, all the time, on the phone) and I could go horseback riding..it would be a nice little escape and not so far from home!!

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

((Amy)) Sorry about dad and all the problems going on. I hope it improves soon and I am really glad work went well especially with the tip! Every dollar helps! YEAH!
Have you thought about it being the alternator instead of the battery? A bad alternator will drain the heck out of a battery and eventually the battery won't charge at all. Loose terminals can cause batteries to not hold their charge too. But that Dave guy sounds like he'll take good care of you! Horse back riding would be so relaxing and fun. Riding the trails and seeing the scenery.. Ohhh that would be awesome.
I had a cookout with a new friend and their famly this weekend. It was something I really should not have done with the amount of homework I have to do and with looking for a new job. I am tired of cleaning. Less than 8 bucks an hour and my new boss thinks I am going to get on my hands and knees to clean out the corners. Ummm, NO. Put a one in front of that 7 and we can talk about it. My back hurts enough thank you. NO. I've been there a year and a half and never got on my hands and knees and scrubbed and I refuse to start now. She's a real witch with a B anyway. I don't like her. I don't trust her. She's got a big mouth and an attitude. And I understand we'll find people with superiority complexes, big mouths, big noses, and attitudes everywhere, but I want paid a bit more than 8 bucks an hour to put up with it. I cannot quit this job without having another one to back it up and heck, I might find something I really like. Hopefully along the lines of Criminal Justice, but I've always applied for Bank Teller and stuff like that.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

CQ~ I know it's hard. I remember back in the day when making 7 bucks was good money over min wage. When min wage was about 2 something an hour. I doubt I would have crawled around on the floor for 2 bucks an hour then but I did crawl around for 8 bucks which not sure how that translates to money today with inflation. I've accidently emptied out a catheter bag into my shoe.
I am not trying to demean you in anyway because people should be willing to pay for hard jobs that are very physical and dirty. I've quit jobs in the past over the way people talked to me as if I had no self respect and I dunno which is worse hard labor or being demeaned or maybe getting demeaned while doing hard labor that has to be the cake.
I know would be happy as a nurse to crawl around on the floor again, just need the chance and the opportunity to do it I know that sounds insane but I love nursing and would love to do it again. It's not about money but then again, I don't want to be paid 2/3's less than someone with the same experience because of my past but today I would take the money and the chance.
For you I hope you can find something that gives you happiness and satisfaction because that is really what being happy in a job is about is even on bad days knowing it's just that a bad day but loving the work. I found my niche but blew it with addiction and I pray I can find either a new niche or get back to the same niche.

I've had some kind of bug today that comes with chills and fevers, I can't get stable on my temperature, too miserable to sleep just feel clammy. I probably need to break down and get a physical and make sure it's not diabetes or something but it's different from hot flashes this is like maybe something I want to say like West Nile from mosquitos. It sounds like a mild case and I was chewed alive the other day and that's when I got sick was that night. I don't understand why God created the mosquito. It's caused untold world misery.

I maybe strange today but it's because of feeling ill and I love you all.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Mosquitoes are for the food chain to work. No mosquitos =no fish, dragon flies, birds, bats, etc. None of those = cats, foxes, coyotes, bears, etc. None of those = well...you get the picture.

Hope you're feelin better ((Med)) and ((CQ)).
Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wonder if mosquitos think about why God created humans tho, J...it'd be a lot simpler for them without us LOL Hope you feel better soon

I think you'd be a kick ass bounty hunter CQ! LOL

I don't know anything about external hard drives Amy sorry - I am glad you're working your way through all the chaos tho

(((Jay)))

and big hugs to the missing members...Lenina gets a special shout out from me LOL
D
Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

There has to be enough flies, spiders, gnats and whatnot to feed the foodchain. I imagine God would have supplied enough to feed the animals and thus the chain without this icky biting vampiric flying @#$%^ insect. Surely. I guess I wasn't consulted when the mosquito was being blueprinted!!!!!!!! Imagine that. lol.
I have birdfeeders and RAID and OFF so it's war. Hope you guys are doing okay tonight.

Raid and OFF are bugsprays/repellants just in case that brand is not around in Aussieland.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL We are the homeland of bugs, Meditation...we've got every bug spray under the sun

D
Old 08-23-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

((CQ)) - I was thinking it was the alternator, all along, though HOPING it wasn't...it is. Advanced Auto found a record of me buying the battery there (Dave told dad to have them check the computer, as they wouldn't volunteer that info) but they have to "check it out" for a day or so, but gave dad a loaner (I'll explain why HE took it up there in a minute). I may get a free new battery. Anyway, got the car charged and made it to where I had to u-turn to get to Dave's and it died, re-jumped it off with stepmom's car and got it to Dave's. I don't know how long it will take to get it fixed, but for once, the alternator is something EASY to get to...the only other thing that's gone wrong on my car (and it wasn't this one, it was the one before, but very similar car) was the radiator and it was major trouble to get to.

So, I'm using stepmom's car for now.

((Med)) - I hope you're feeling better soon. For some reason, mosquitoes don't like me? Even in MN, where they LOVE most of my family, and seem to think they are dinner, they usually avoid me, and I like that, very much

Oh, and about working for minimum wage, or somewhere around there. If I were doing something I really LIKED, it would be one thing. However, what I'm doing now? They expect way too much, and give way too little in the way of incentive to do a good job. I have coworkers who stand around with the attitude of "Amy will do it" and it's gotten old. Even my store mgr has that attitude, though I've gotten the store OWNER'S permission that I can say "no, you're shift needs to to their job and clean up, not me".

No matter how good a job we do, how hard we work, my store owner will come in and complain about something. We're losing customers because I don't interrupt the customer I'm waiting on to say "welcome to McDonald's" to someone the minute they walk in the door, according to her. No, we're losing customers because we don't have enough staff, a lot of times, to take care of the customers we DO have, and they get tired of standing in line or in the drive thru...duh?

Okay, so I slept 'til 4 on Sun., as I worked late on Sat. night. Didn't get to sleep until after daybreak on Mon. because of that, and dad calls at 9a.m., sarcastic and nasty about my car. Long story short, I hung up on him. I found stepmom already awake, and we got dressed to take my car to Dave's. I called dad back, reminded him that we had discussed all this Sun., that he would be home around 11a.m., take me to Dave's, etc. I had set my alarm for 10, was going to call him to make sure things were still on track, and that I had to work at 3, and really needed a LITTLE sleep.

I told him he sounded miserable, he said he was, and I cut him off again. Told him that was his choice. That I was NOT Brit's age, he was NOT going to talk to me like I was and I was NOT going to tolerate his attitude any more. I said I appreciated that he was loaning me the money to get the car fixed, but had he not, I would have used my credit cards and gotten it fixed at my other mechanics. It's MY car, MY responsibility, and I'm NOT going to let him keep talking to me like he has been, just because he's helping me out, understood?!?!?! He, very somberly, said "okay".

Apparently, I found my "big girl panties" in the laundry, when I did it the other day? While we were at Dave's, he came up there, and that's why he ended up taking the battery, and yes, ((CQ)), the terminals DID need replacing. I asked him to do that, so I could come home and try to get some more sleep, but I couldn't.

SO, I've been awake since 4pm Sun., and it's now after 1a.m., Tue. and I'm worn out. I asked for Thu. off at work, since stepmom really needs to go see a dr. about her hip and I've got to use her car to do stores (have to be done by the end of the month). I'm going to have to go through being tired again NEXT Mon., as I work all night Sat. night, will sleep most of Sun., then go back in Mon at 3. They're trying to kill me

They can't keep enough people hired. I was telling someone tonight, that as many people that need jobs, it's sad that people can't really support a family on minimum wage. If they CAN get welfare, it honestly makes more sense to get it, rather than work like a dog at McD's and you still can't pay your bills. I wasn't raised that way, and I don't qualify for welfare, anyway...they won't let me claim my cats as dependants. I'm one of those who will probably work as long as I'm able, but this is really a hard job..I had no idea. I'm sure my age doesn't help..arthritis is becoming more apparent and I just ache.

However, I'll go to sleep, now and be grateful I HAVE a job, and that I'm good at what I do. I had a customer tell me, tonight, that he usually only comes when I'm working, because I talk to him, and I'm friendly. If he doesn't see me at the counter, he just turns around and leaves. That HAS to count for something, right?

((((Everyone!!!))))

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Definitely counts for something ((Amy)). Please get some sleep...I know how it is to go without it ((hugs)).

Oh, and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LTu9PdPa4. If you want to go a little hick/country sounding...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:50 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - I know you do, sweetie. Hoping I don't have any weird dreams, or if I do, at least they're funny ones? Oh yeah, 2 of our employees missed work, yesterday, because they were in jail, but they'll be back tomorrow. The Hispanics seem to get locked up, quite frequently for traffic violations (and I'm NOT racial profiling, this is just the 3rd time, I know of, we've had the morning shift help get locked up on the way to work?!?!) Better them than me!

G'night!!