Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 8

Old 09-14-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Not even a rugby fan Dee?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Okay, keep your fingers crossed for me I took the assessment test in to work, gave it to D. The bad news is, he's about to advance and go to work at corporate, so he said he's going to try to find me a Chili's that's closer to my house!! I said "but I wanted to work with YOU!!" and he assured me that I will be happy at whatever Chili's I work at.

He also said that he's quitting McD's in 2 weeks...can't and WON'T deal with "hot mess" as ((Lenina)) calls my store owner. He said that if I want to keep working at McD's "on the side", he knows of several store owners who are GOOD, appreciate their employees and pay better. He assured me that the store I'm working in is THE most dysfunctional McD's he's ever seen, all due to "hot mess". He knows of several store owners that are close to home.

Don't know if I can handle McD's, Chili's, my stores AND school, but may give it a shot just to get my finances back on track.

He's got my phone number, said he will, most definitely, call me tomorrow. As soon as he gets the "all clear" from my assessment, he's going to try to get me an interview ASAP (and I KNOW he'll give them a "you need to hire her"). He said "you're going to be awesome, don't worry about it!!" Everyone I've talked to (or at least the GOOD employees) are looking for other jobs.

I KNOW I shouldn't need someone else boosting me up, just to get my self-esteem up, but I do, and he's sure done it!

I couldn't find my keys, AGAIN, when it was time to go home. I just knew dad would KILL me if he had to come let me in my car, again (well, not really, but he wouldn't be happy). I finally found them on the counter in the office, where I'd been talking with Darryl.

Driving home, on the back roads in the middle of nowhere, I thought I flicked my cigarette butt out the window. Nope, it was on my shirt and burning my chest. I'm trying to keep me and my car from starting on fire, and see blue lights flashing in my rear view mirror

I told the cop that I was on my way home from work, had dropped a cigarette and was trying to make sure I didn't start a fire. He asked where I worked, I said "McD's" and showed him the logo on my shirt. Didn't have my current insurance card in my wallet, but told him I thought it was in my glove box. With all the cops being shot, lately, I don't reach for my glove box without permission. He said "don't worry about it" and I said "PLEASE don't give me a ticket". I had visions of my insurance going up another $100.

I prayed and prayed, while he was checking out my license. He came back, handed me a piece of paper and said "this is NOT a ticket, just a warning. I've got to rush off to something else, so you be careful, okay?" Another guardian angel

They cut my hours at work, again, and D said he's sure "hot mess" had something to do with it because I spoke up for myself, the other day. It's okay...depending on what I find out, tomorrow, I may be training at Chili's or I can do stores, as I have a lot to get accomplished by the end of this month.

"hot mess" is going to lose a good employee, probably SEVERAL! D said that her taking money out of our checks, when the drawer is short, is supposed to be considered as a "loss"...all restaurants have this. She's breaking the law, and he said it may take a while, but she's going to get busted on it sooner or later. If an employee makes minimum wage (as most of the employees do...I make 25 cents more), it's ILLEGAL to take money out of their check, as that means you're paying them less than minimum wage. It just takes someone to rat on her, and as soon as I found out who...((Lenina)) says attorney general, I've been checking out the labor board, I may just be the one who bursts her little bubble.

Now, believe it or not, all this has come about because of my recovery. At my old job, since I had relapsed and they still let me work there, I felt like I had to take whatever was dished out to me. Now, they know nothing of my history and I've gotten to the point that I'm not going to just take abuse, and that IS what she does.

Dad keeps telling me how proud he is of me, for sticking it out. I told him "hell, I do what I've got to do...I've always believed that if I did what I'm supposed to do, something better would come along".

So, somewhere around 3pm tomorrow, I should know something. I'm sure I'll e-mail one of you that I have e-mail addresses for to let you know. You are ALL so much a part of my life, I'd LOVE to share good news, instead of the yukky stuff I've been dealing with!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hey hens and roosters..its me again..!
Been home sick for a couple days now and it about has me freakin INSANE....watching tv all the time makes me depressed..and I have been too sick to read or sit at the computer much.

((Amy)))..I so HOPE you get this Chili's job soon! You are so amazing..a dynamo of food service !!! I honestly do not know how you do it. So this is my first month of paying a grand a month for rent and I can't believe what a big deal it is ! I got really spoiled having housing and I guess this is what they talk about when they say people become dependant on programs! I really wanted to get moved this month but the forcast out there for rentals is not so hot!
Remember my kid Chance? Well he is living out in the valley (where Sarah Palin lives..yes thats right!! That poor kid ...he has really been through the wringer..He was in treatment out there for a year and now he is in 7th grade going to public school. He got diagnosed with multiple different "mental challenges"...for whatever that is worth..and he just really has a hard time..Luckily my step mom..who I have always loathed but tolerated is really good with him and works with him alot..My dad lives there too but he has dementia so badly that he is but a ghost of the man I knew and really a challenge to care for . So she has her hands full out there with my dad and my son but god bless her for it !
Since I am feeling better I am going to try to hit a noon meeting today. I have SO slacked off of my OWN recovery in taking care of so many people at my job!! I have to pull it together!

Thanx for being here for me. It is so comfofting to come here and see all of you...(((((Jason))))..(((((Dee))))) (((((Neener)))))) (((((((((CQ)))))))))))))) ((((((40T)))))) ((((((Med)))))) and our queen...((((((Amy)))))

Love Norty
Old 09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

((((Norty)))) - I'm really glad your stepmom is stepping up to help Chance. You and Chance have always been in my prayers. I've got the postcard and "moose card" you sent me hanging on my wall with other "treasures"

I'm about to get ready for work. Finally got the acceptance letter from school, so will call financial aid tomorrow and see what I need to do, as I've already applied online.

I am counting down the time until D calls....may be hard to work with my fingers and toes crossed, but hell, I'm tough..I can do it

BTW, I'm nothing special...I'm just stubborn as hell, and once I started working my recovery, taking my time to see what I want from life, I went for it. It's taken me 3-1/2 years to get to this point, and I still can't get into my school program until next Aug., but I can take some of the courses that will help me get a real job.

I've got many, many challenges ahead of me, but hey - I got off crack, so anything else seems pretty minor, compared to that

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

((((norty)))) Good news about your step-mom helping with Chance! I'm sorry to hear your Dad isn't doing as well. I will think about all of you.

I'm glad you're getting back on tracking. It's so easy when we're helping others to forget to take care of ourselves. Of course, it's perfect for the addiction which will take full advantage of the distraction to move back into active status. So I hope you get back to the meetings and working the Steps.

It's a nice day here. I'm worried my old cat, OG, is getting senile. She sleeps most of the time, is very grouchy and recently has been neglecting to use her box. It's perfectly clean but I'm going to take them apart and give them a good scrub with baking soda. I spent the morning scrubbing the carpet. What fun!

The two boxes are shared by my boy cat, who OG hates with every fiber in her skinny body.

Nothing new here for me. Today I am on my 8th day smoke free! I'm keeping the Allen Carr "Little Book of Quitting" near to hand in case I get those bad urges. It's a pretty good little book.

I'm getting packed up and ready for work again.

I hope everyone is doing well! Much love to all!!

Lenina
Old 09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
Not even a rugby fan Dee?
nope LOL. I'm not a sports guy

Sorry I haven't been around but it's been a busy week here, and elsewhere.

I hope everyones having a good day

D
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Norty, great to see you! Sorry you've been sick, though. Hope Chance doesn't get of the mind to go try to climb the Palin's fence, hehe!

Amy, I am waiting with baited breath to hear about Chili's. And Lenina, sorry to hear of the litter box challenges. I sure hope it's not senility for your sake. Maybe OG just wants to leave a nice reminder for Old Slummy?

Hugs to all~40
Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

She might have a urinary tract infection Lenina. Sometimes if cats get those they start peeing places they're not supposed to...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed the cat thing Lee - hugs

D
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) - Jay's got a good point, I'd forgotten about. I figured she just wants to be an "only child"...just like Elvis. Right now, I've got Mots and Patches on my filing cabinet, Mots was there first and I've had to scold Patches to stop hissing.

I haven't heard about Chili's yet I do know that D had to work evening shift, and am reminding myself that things happen when they're supposed to. I also know that God has been trying to teach me patience, which I have very little of, so maybe this is another lesson.

I've got to go by my mechanic's tomorrow..my back window is stuck in the down position. Also need to check with school and financial aid. They sent me a letter of what they're accepting as transfer credits, but left off anatomy/physiology, biology, microbiology and chemistry. I will raise holy hell if I have to take those courses again!!!

I'm tired, so am about to go to sleep.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-16-2010, 12:15 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) Thanks for reminding me. It's been a year or so since her last "sorta" check up. The full work up was over $300 which I just didn't have. But maybe it's time to see about the UTI. I think she's just agitated.

(((Amy))) I hope D gives you the call soon! But try and remember how slow most corporate stuff works. They are slow. I'm sure if Daryl can speed things up, he will. I'm confident you're in good hands with him!

(((40T))) Thanks for the good wishes! I am so anxious. I need to be out of here or at least feel "home" when I'm here. Ole Slummy is sleazing around all day every day. We think he's sleeping in the store room again. He did that once before when he was "between properties."

I am trying so hard to be Zen about all this stuff. I'm keeping open and friends are praying for me. I know I'll be where I need to be when I'm suppose to be. I am looking forward to going to back on the road. I can at least feel more comfortable.

I've had a busy day. Got laundry done, got a little housework done. Boring, is good! LOL

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fie on slummy!

D
Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
Do Amurrrrrrrican footballers ever actually do any running - or do they just sit about posing in those daft outfits. Never seen anything so silly looking. Wot a shower of pansies! Should try real football - Scottish style............... they'd just never last.
Guess Amurrrrrrrican football is always good for a belly laugh - but so so boring cos they never do anything........ and just look too silly.
Over to you windy.......... explain it all to me?
woops X
Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

((((Woops)))) - damn, it's good to see you here!!! I've missed you, especially when you and ((Windy)) get to going

I've been at school all afternoon, waiting in lines. On the way, I bumped into the back of a car...light had turned green, she went, I went, she slammed on brakes. Thank GOD there was no damage. I'm about ready to turn my car in for a horse and buggy....sigh.

Bad news from school is NONE of my "science" classes transfer because they were taken more than 5 years ago. I am really not looking forward to taking them again, but figure they SHOULD be easier the second time around, and after 12 years of nursing, right?

The good news is, the financial aid lady said that I should be able to get the HOPE grant to pay for my tuition and $150/quarter towards books. I was "selected for verification" on my federal forms, she says they do that with 1 of every 3 people, so have to fill out another form and take it back to her with my W-2's, and apply for the HOPE grant (the verification thing has put that application, included in the FAFSA on hold), and I should know by Mon. or Tue. when I go back. Soooo, am about to apply for that grant.

Had some interesting people in line with me, one has a plumbing/electrician business and is local...got his card since dad never knows who to call when something goes wrong here. Told dad and he said "great!!".

Was grumpy as hell, couldn't find my "gratitude button" but finally realized I needed to EAT something..blood sugar was dropping. Got stepmom and I some dinner (dad's on a trip) and instantly felt better. For someone who was a nurse for 12 years, I sure am slack about taking care of myself, sometimes

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do they even bother with the ball in Scottish football, Woops?

D
Old 09-17-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by woops View Post
Do Amurrrrrrrican footballers ever actually do any running - or do they just sit about posing in those daft outfits. Never seen anything so silly looking. Wot a shower of pansies! Should try real football - Scottish style............... they'd just never last.
Guess Amurrrrrrrican football is always good for a belly laugh - but so so boring cos they never do anything........ and just look too silly.
Over to you windy.......... explain it all to me?
woops X
We have rugby here if that's what you're talking about. I think there is some kind of professional or semi-professoinal rugby league but I've never watched one on TV. I watched a few rugby matches in college. Soccer is gaining popularity here especially with girls. There are lots of new girls teams popping up all over. I'm sure our NFL guys would beat holy hell outta those little white guys in Scotland in football, baseball, basketball...whatever. NFL players are incredible athletes with many of them playing in multiple sports in college. They are monsters. Even the quarterbacks and running backs are monsters compared to a normal sized man. The linebackers look like Goliaths. Don't let the pads fool you. Major injuries and deaths occur in NFL football. It's a man's game for sure.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I'm trying to GET to my laptop....got 20-pound Mots AND Elvis up on this small desk, trying to "help" me...sigh

I have to admit...I love football and NASCAR Even took my mom to a Falcon's game, eons ago (she's been dead since '91) and we had a blast!!!

I'm about to get ready for work, and I really, really don't want to go. 2nd shift on Friday's are brutal, and I'm SURE "hot mess" (what ((Lenina)) calls my store owner, and much nicer than what I call her!) will make an appearance..she's been there every day I've worked for the past 2 weeks, I think.

I'd call out, but I must be the responsible, dependable person I've strived to be. Besides, bills don't get paid if there's no $$ coming in and they only have me scheduled for 24 hours this week. Praying I get the phone call from D, but am trusting that things will happen when they're supposed to.

I filled out the form for the HOPE grant, last night. It's a GA scholarship program funded by the lottery. They asked if I'd ever gotten one before, and told them "heck, we didn't even HAVE the lottery the last time I went to school!!" It will pay for all my tuition and $150/quarter toward books. 80% of the students at this school are on the HOPE grant...kinda shows you how sucky the economy is! They have a GRANT for certificate programs (which I'm in, now) and a scholarship for degree programs, so I'm hoping to get both and not have to pay for school.

Okay, time to suit up and show up at work I must remember to be grateful I HAVE a job, when so many don't.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Well I've been cleaning blinds, and into dust bunnyland. I have given up the battle with the leaves. I must stop being OCD about them.

I was reading about something called sensory integratration syndrome/dysfunction and I hit most every point on this.......... It's high on the spectrum of autism. I used to think I was bi-polar but I really did not fit that at all but this I can see myself being. It's when you can't stand noise, lights, textures have to rock your body to relax, calm down. And one can be intelligent and have this problem, Marie Curie and Frank Lloyd Wright had it. I just dont' need a new label but I know in my heart this is me. Plus I don't think there is a cure for it just techniques, diet that help to soothe. I can see now why rehab drove me nuts. One of the questions on the questionaire was have you had substance abuse due to the anxiety and the social integration is also an issue with this syndrome. I sometimes don't pick up on subtle cues/clues that are non-verbal and I have never really played well with others, just coped.

Okay guys, Glad Amy's getting on with school, and getting some help financially to do it. Hope CQ is feeling better, and hugs to all the other Hens, (Jay, Lenina, Dee, 40T, Norty Windy.......)
Old 09-17-2010, 10:02 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - I've never heard of that, will have to check it out. I'm, once again, trying to type around Mots...he's got his tail moving all over the keyboard...sigh.

By the time I got to work, I'd found my good mood and had several customers comment on how nice it was to deal with someone so cheery! Also had a pervert I wanted to smack upside the head. He was WITH HIS KIDS!!! I saw him pull up his shirt, exposing his stomach and chest, but didn't realize until my coworker told me later, he said "now, you're turn". He constantly stared at my chest, leering at me, making lewd comments with his young son standing right next to him. I finally told him "stop it!!" He said something about why I didn't play along, or why it bothered me and I said "I sell food, I am not for sale" and walked away. What a jacka$$. He said "I bet you get hit on all day long" and I said "no I don't" put his food on his tray and walked to the back.

I took my break, shortly after, and was afraid he'd see me sitting in my car. I swear, I'd have threatened him with the cops. If I'd thought, fast enough, I'd have told him "I have a bf who's 6'5", a body builder and lives around the corner...want to meet him?" HE wouldn't know I was lying.

Hot mess DID come in, didn't say anything to me, but told my mgr that I was the ONLY one she heard greeting customers as they walked in the door, so gee...I finally did something RIGHT in her eyes! Miracles never cease. Of course, the ice cream/milkshake machine is broken and then the frappe'/smoothie machine broke. Had a lot of customers walk out. I'm tempted to make up a new e-mail address and "complain" as a customer and ask corporate just what kind of owner allows the equipment to stay broken for weeks at a time?

I'm still being taught the lesson of patience....no word on the other job. I go from convincing myself I won't get it, to letting go and then back to getting down If nothing else, I'll call D at McD's or drop by on Tue.

Dad and stepmom forgot to tell me they're going to my stepbrother's this weekend to meet my new niece. I wish it was when I didn't have to work overnight, tomorrow night, but I'll still have the house to myself for a little while....something I've wished for a long time. I'm being left with the dog and stepmom wanted to make sure I'd feed her. I ALWAYS feed the dog (and the cats), so told her to stop worrying. Tonight is the first night the dog hasn't come in my room, but they got the suitcase out so I'm sure she knows something is up. Me and the zoo-crew will be just fine.

I got the $200 from my aunt, today, for my trip and it's in savings, NOT to be touched until then.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

hellooooo to Amy and Dee and EVERYONE else. Back from another few months of hiding myself away - which never gets me anywhere and something I would advise against doing (wish I could stop....)

Thought I'd drop by and see how everyone is doing - awesome to see so many of the same names here!!

Krista