S.C. Check-in

Old 09-26-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Good to read you all. I hate the rough patches. Had one last night and had to pull every tool I could imagine out of my toolbox, but I did it!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Bald-Headed John checking in. Sober since Sept 21, 2008. My 43rd birthday.

How is every one?

I'm not online in the evening too often... I've discovered I actually have a life!!!

I've been working on my model railroad. It's good to be interested in something other than drinking for a change!!

Blessings to all of you.
BHJ
Old 09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello Alera and BHJ!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Rough patches...is it contagious? I'm having a really bad time of it right now...I'm worried I'm close to relapsing, slipping, whatever you want to call it. It's been building up for a couple of weeks... My moods swings are unreal. I feel like a bag of feces right now. I'm gonna smoke some cigs...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

bam...replied to your thread in newcommers. You are not alone hon...please keep talking about whatever you need to....just ears to listen if you want....use chat ... use threads...use pm....let us share the journey with you.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
things as it is

Bam, it will pass. It always does. If you pick up, you may not be able to come back. Just sit with the feelings. They wont kill you...I promise. And they will subside. PM me if you like. Keep in contact. We are here with and for you.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thanks, everyone...still sober but just ate a bunch of junk food...I know it's not good for me but at least I'm not drinking the poison...I feel a little anxious...I'm going to call it a night. Thanks again. I probably will feel better tomorrow...I hope.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

bam....hope you are feeling better this morning! been thinking about you

And DK!!!!!! SS!!!!!!! where are you have you banned me!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi Heathens!

I don't think I've ever posted on this thread before.

I am doing ok today. I am finally, finally not sleep deprived anymore. I had a good meeting this morning. And I think my crazy meds and my brain are starting to reach a tentative equilibrium. Whew!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
Hi Heathens!!
LOL that made me smile.

I too am a rough patch participant. Ah good ole low mood with a blunt (not that kind of blunt...lol) affect. It sure keeps me low key. Did go to a few of the groups I attend regularly: art group, duel disorders at the day center and IDDT (Intensive Duel Disorders Treatment) at the health clinic. Other wise I'm staying sober with 9 months clean today. That and not having any urges to street dope treat my low mood is making my addiction treatment go smoothly.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

SS, I was just wondering if you had relinquished your Secular forum membership card. Good to hear from you!

Hello everyone! Hope I can get some more sleep tonight. Talk to you all later.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, zencat...aren't you an artist? What do you do to combat artist's block? I have a really bad case of it. Any tips or tricks? Peace.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
things as it is

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
Other wise I'm staying sober with 9 months clean today.
Congratulations, zencat. That is really wonderful!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
things as it is

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Hey, zencat...aren't you an artist? What do you do to combat artist's block? I have a really bad case of it. Any tips or tricks? Peace.
There is a terrific book written by a recovering alcoholic, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. It is a terrfic program for the artist and any creative person in general.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I'm still a card-carrying secular member. Still an atheist to the rotten core I'm also still sober. I guess that means I'm just not really an alcoholic, just a problem drinker using some cheap psychological trick to control my drinking.

Followed by the knee-jerk thought, I'm not an alcoholic! I can go start drinking again rightnow! Maybe I should reexamine my reasoning. Or stop reading the 12 step forum except for ananda's lovely secular 12-step one.

*deep cleansing breaths*
Old 09-27-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

ZenCat...that is wonderful...you are now ready to give birth to the new you!!!!!! :ghug2
Old 09-27-2008, 10:58 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Speaking of myself, its absolutely a riot what a person can do and still call themselves an artist. Currently I been making Popsicle stick puppets...LOL. I think the best way to unblock is go back to the basics. Like a texture or color study, basically student stuff. A collage is a good way to do a composition study, you know, play around with the object relationships.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

To the two zens: thank you!

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
I'm still a card-carrying secular member. Still an atheist to the rotten core I'm also still sober. I guess that means I'm just not really an alcoholic, just a problem drinker using some cheap psychological trick to control my drinking.

Followed by the knee-jerk thought, I'm not an alcoholic! I can go start drinking again rightnow! Maybe I should reexamine my reasoning. Or stop reading the 12 step forum except for ananda's lovely secular 12-step one.

*deep cleansing breaths*

SS, thank you so much for the laughs this morning. I guess what bothers me so much about the term (can I even call it that) "real alcoholic" is that it is implied by those very words that there is such a thing as a "fake alcoholic." As a person who has a drinking problem and does not work the program of AA, I apparently fall under the category of "fake alcoholic." I take great offense to that suggestion. I have a very real addiction that will kill me if I do not address it. I feel especially sorry for newcomers who read this dogma and convince themselves they don't have a problem.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Jobs getting a little bit easier. I was getting into the habit of drinking a couple of beers before work to relax me (sometimes one at lunch), but I'm not going to today. There's no beer in the house and I really can't afford them anyway. And I won't have to worry about my breath or having to go to the bathroom twice the first hour I'm there (unless I keep drinking coffee)...
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

doorknob, I love your avatar! "I am Cornholio!"