It's all about me Part 5

Old 05-20-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yes Allfor! You beat me tonight in posting! LOL Y'all will have to continue on w/o me though! I'm busy getting things done and can't sit down right now to respond to everyone!

Plus the bottom just fell out a few minutes ago! So much for getting the cut dried grass picked up to use later on for the crates! The grass Jethro cut yesterday!

Y'all know I'll get caught up and with this new design we have? It might run the entire length of the page! SR really needs to figure out how to get the pages back like they were! Where the posts go all the way across the page! Not straight down! The color of everything is also so pale looking it all runs together! I'm constantly hitting the "Previous Page" instead of the "Post Quick Reply"! They blend in together! Sigh!

Gotta scoot! Molly isn't too happy being in the chicken bedroom with the lightening and thunder going on! She prefers to be tucked in her bed during these events!

Cleanin: They just announced on the news the employees at the school for the deaf and blind are going to be in the unemployment line!

TOD
Old 05-20-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cleanin! Here's you a peek at some of the shows I watch!

Grimm, The Blacklist, Was watching Dig until it ended, Mysteries at the Museum, America's Book of secrets, Law & Order, Chicago P.D., Scorpion, Alaskan Bush People, American Odyssey, The Voice, Appalachian Outlaws, The 100, Alaska: The Last Frontier, Extant, Defiance, NCIS, Night Shift. And now the summer time shows start! LOL

Well just crap! Jethro is barely up out of bed! He stuck his head out here chewing on a piece of bacon! (I cooked bacon and scrambled eggs a little bit ago)! There ain't nothing like a fresh egg out of the booty and straight to the skillet! ROFL Anyhow! He just came out here to tell me the trash truck just drove by! Dang it! There's three bags of trash sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for Jethro to take it out! I told him he should have ran out on the porch waving his hands for him to STOP! LOL

Remember yesterday when I posted about us getting into a yelling match over me saying something about Mr. Cotton trying to snuggle in behind him? Well last night? Jethro starts telling me Mr. Cotton has started doing that as of recently! He was all wound up to give me a full blown story! I turned and said: "I asked that question last night and you took my head off for it." He didn't say another word! Seriously! The mental crap he puts me thru gets taxing! I go off on him over the stupid crap that comes out of his mouth! I'd swear he had some sort of mental issues starting if it weren't for his pain med intake!

When I got up yesterday? I saw Mr. Cotton outside in the yard. The dog pen gate was closed so I figured Jethro was out there with Maria! Not the case though! After turning my coffee pot on I turn around and there's Maria standing on the floor. I pick her up for some snuggles and in walks Jethro with Mr. Cotton! I said: "I saw Mr. Cotton out in the yard and the dog pen gate closed! I thought you had Maria out in the dog pen? But I found her on the floor!" He said: "I would never let her loose with Cotton running loose!" I asked him what part of "In the dog pen with her" did he miss? He gave me a blank look and walked off! ARGH!

I finally finished packing a large box of stuff I was going to send my daughter before this last Christmas! LOL I'm going to also send her my dad's flag off his casket! I've got to put it in a separate box so I can send it registered! I've got several pictures of dad when he was younger I'm sending along with it too! Her husband made a wooden frame with glass to put it in! Mom couldn't stand having it in her house and gave it to me! My daughter and husband both being military want it for themselves!

Marvin and Marilyn are pansy azzes! They went out on the porch and not long after? Marvin was knocking on the door to come back inside! They didn't want to go off the porch with it raining! LOL So they are both back inside! It's supposed to stop soon. I'll put them back outside after it stops!

TOD
Old 05-20-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Clean, i am sorry to hear that your oldest daughter feels depressed. it seems overwhelming to have your own company next to school and everything. Would it be possible for you to step in? Can you take the classes and help her? She might find her motivation again when it's less stress and it would help with your money issues.

Hey to everyone else! I'm ok, traveling but all my stress keeps following me and i still feel as if i am going 100 miles and hour while i am just exhausted. I feel less excited as usual. I just hope that i soon get a positive reaction for the decision i am waiting for, but it could take weeks

hugs to all of you!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hello again Ladies!

Butter so glad to hear from you!! Yes I could do that but I think what is the most overwhelming for her are the administrative parts. Taking the calls, answering questions, booking appointments and classes. So I already forwarded the calls to my home phone. That way I can take care of any that come in. Now, I just have to remember to answer the phone like it's a business. Ha!
I'm sure praying that it turns out the way you want it too!

Not a lot going on here right now. TOD I sure wish you'd send some of those storms our way! We have not had much rain at all. And I love a good thunder storm! But I've noticed we don't get too many here on the island. I remember searching the internet for info and found out it was true. There is something to do with the ocean and storms? Will have to look it up again....for the details.

My daughter is on the phone with her Columbia advisor right now. I think her stress is how is she paying for it? She is trying to find any grant or loan, scholarship, and or campus position that will help her. She said her number one goal in life, since she wants to be a college administrator, is to make college available to all who are excepted. She says that should be the number one stressor for students, not how to pay for it. I suppose that is debatable, but I have to agree that it's sad that for some, who can't afford it, college is only a dream. But I do believe where there is a will there is a way. We do have lots and lots of programs out there . I also noticed that when a student is not handed their education on a silver platter, more effort is made. Just my thoughts on it....I might be wrong.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

That's good that you help her.

I agree with your daughter. If a student got accepted to college they should not have to worry about how they are going to pay for it. Education should not be a luxurious good. Students should not have to work 40h/week on top of full time school. That's my opinion. Working? Absolutely but an amount that is doable.

These programs are nice if you are eligible. It looks as if these high education cost here are going to destory my dream and in some way my life. if theres not a miracle. But that's another story.

I am surprised that your daughter is going to a school she has to pay for it. All my professors recommended me to
only apply to schools where you actually don't have to pay for tuition by working for the school.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

TOD a few of those shows are familiar. My husband watches all crime shows pretty much. He especially likes CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and Law and Order. Some are just way too violent and graphic for me that I have to walk out of the room sometimes....I think allfor, you can relate? But I do enjoy them too....especially the new CSI Cyber. There was a sitcom I enjoyed this past winter called Just Off the Boat. OMG that was too funny! It was about a Chinese family that just immigrated to America. It was cute and I felt the humor was done in good taste and not prejudicial. My daughter likes modern family, but wow some of it is...well what shall I say, pg-13 ? Allfor I loved lifetime network! I used to watch movies from there all the time. But I think we don't get that channel in our new package. I was trying to cut back as much as possible. We do watch a lot of HGTV. My kids....both girls enjoy Love it, or List it. And a lot of those home remodeling shows. My oldest watches a lot of food network shows too. Like cutthroat kitchen, and others where chefs compete with one another. I like the Pioneer Woman and I used to watch the Cake Boss. And yes we always watch Shark-tank. I like that other one too where the Boss goes undercover? My usual "gotta watch" shows are Grey's Anatomy and Game of Thrones. But I'm starting to get into American Crime. But that is finished for the season.
Allfor does your husband watch with you or do you watch separately?
TOD what are your summer favorites?
Old 05-20-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Yes Butter I agree with you! I think students shouldn't have to work like that. Just something to make a little extra to have fun on. So hoping you get what you are hoping for!
That is her plan Butter. To work for the school.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hmm and she still has to pay tuition?

thanks clean, a few minutes after i posted i got an email with news. I'd get a loan but regarding the amount i have to pay it's ridiculous. so it's not gonna help much.
I can't get in touch with my mom, so i am freaking out. i just want to finally break down
Old 05-20-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Awe so sorry Butter! Hope you can get something that works for you.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

thank you clean.

i talked to my mom, she said i shouldn't give up and that we find another solution but for that i need to come home but i don't want to leave not knowing whether i can come back or not. Because i guess if i can't I won't be coming to the US for a long time.

I doubt we will find another solution because i doubt a bank will give me a loan without a regular income so i dont know whether i should be realistic and accept the fact that I need to rethink my whole life or stay optimistic. i tried but all i got was being punched in the face

sorry for complainimg but i have no one to talk to right now
Old 05-20-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Just popping in quickly, will answer later. Taking a sick day, nauseous, headache, throwing up, fever. I guess the past month of running full tilt caught up with me.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Oh no! Charley! I hope you feel better! Prayers going up for you!
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Ive been watching Just Off the Boat! Hahaha. Its funny. Did you see the one where her husband tries to get her out of the business by suggesting she do the special classes for the kids? And then at work they are all celebrating, eating croutons off the salad bar UNTIL the little boy tips her off. Im not through all of them. I bet you would like it too Allfor. Good comedy. I like a lot of the shows you girls mentioned. Nothing much different. We watch some of the CSI and crime shows, but a lot of them are too violent for me. I dont like being taken into the autopsy room ! We watch some where they revive businesses too. There are some regarding bars, and restaurants, small business. Those are interesting.
What about Treehouse Masters, and Animal Planet!

Im sorry the news you got hasnt been too good regarding school yet Butter. Be careful on your travels and update me!

Its a good mission your daughter has Clean. High tuition does keep some people out of the colleges they want to attend. Prices are soo high. Be careful how you answer the phone now. No being like "yeah what do you want" IK IK. Want me to help write a phone jingle for you!

Sorry your sick Charley. You have been under a lot of stress, new job duties too. Feel better soon!

Leaving work early, we are going to dinner and a concert tonight.

I waited for the lawn people to show up before I left for work. The squirrels probably have been monitoring them all day from the trees. I suggested they throw nuts at the guys if they get too close, plus I altered my yellow ribbons and left some up where they are not to cut. They appeared to understand when I explained. I was nice and left a small cooler out with soda's for them.

Tod, at least Jethro didnt put the trash in the back of the car and forget to put it in the bin and drive around with it for a day or two. Like Me!

Did you guys hear about the oil spill. I called some local places and asked if they needed volunteers for any wildlife. So far they said no because Fish and Wildlife is out there. But a couple places took my name and my boss said if anyone wants to volunteer its fine by him, and he would go too.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Anyone else ready to watch the last David Letterman Show?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Anyone else ready to watch the last David Letterman Show?
LOL I've got it recorded! Will watch it later tonight!

I have four other shows to watch before it!

TOD
Old 05-21-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

TOD is a tv watching machine lately.. LOL

I recorded it too... but I was a bigger Jay Leno fan...

Thanks for the tip on the comedy show... I will see if we have it available in our on demand options. I bet we do if it was recent

Charley - hope you feel better, and I know its so hard to be sick when there is a little 2 year old at home who needs constant attention.. 3 is not much better..

Blue - hope you had fun tonight.

Butter - are you on the road again... seeing sights. Good for you. Im still sending up prayers something works out in regards to this whole situation. I really don't want you to have to leave when you want to stay and study here.. crossing fingers for your miracle. Thanks for updating today.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Its almost a holiday weekend. Last day of work for me.

I have been thinking it would be cool to become pre-trained to help with animals in need by becoming a volunteer. Has anyone ever done anything like this? Im going to look into it since I found out there are organizations around us who do this. I feel so sad for the wildlife affected by the oil spill. Mr Blue isnt as hands on as me, he said making a donation is a better way to go. We saved Jaguar but we had loads of help from the vet. Ugh. Feel helpless.

And Im tired, we were out late. But had FUN.

Tod is very quiet, and I hope your not getting depressed over Jethro. You can talk to us if you are! I worry about you too Tod.

And Charley is sick, and Butter is free-range out there in the American wild!

Looks like a worry day for me! This is what happens when Im tired.

Oh but the yard looked good, and no squirrels were harmed. They were out running and hiding nuts, and I saw two groundhogs chasing each other. Not sure what that was about. Probably arguing over who gets to try eat my broccoli plants today!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Blue: Don't be frettin' on my account! I'm up to my knees and elbows, maybe my eyeballs too? in cleaning this porch room! I stayed up late yesterday which kept me in bed until late last night! I took a nap around 5:00 AM for an hour! I've been up ever since! I was looking for something in this room earlier! I got so F'ing mad because of the mess in here? I started attacking it! LOL And here I am still hard at it!

I'm drinking my Herbal Tea which is keeping me moving! I've come to the conclusion there's no telling what I'll find in here! LOL I insist on getting this room cleaned and orderly even if Jethro comes in here and finds me laid out flat on my face from exhaustion! Marvin and Marilyn will be knocking on the door wanting in too here in a couple of hours! I've pulled all the old stuff out of their crates and vacuumed the insides of them. Now I've got to redo them!

I had to laugh at a guy I was talking to on the phone today! He's from around here also. At one point he asked me how long I've lived here? I said since 2006 in this town. I explained I don't really have the full accent from here due to traveling all over while in the Army! He laughed and said I sure didn't have the Arkansas twang! He does though! LOL

Go check this link out! You'll love the squirrel photo!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/p...jUXR3#image=13

TOD
Old 05-21-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

TOD I'm relieved that you are back to cleaning something. I've been worried about you too. What? TOD only watching TV? No weeding the pens or growing grass? But I'm very happy to read that you are in the midst of a cleaning project! Yeah TOD is okay!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Charley I'm worried about you too GF! How are you feeling?

Happy are you ok? Busy with your niece?

I'm fine. Got into a huge fight with hubs though. See even non-addicts have their little quirks! No offense to you non-addicts though. Ha!

This is how it started. Someone called the house from a major home improvement store, wanting to set up an appt to test our water. Apparently, someone from our house sent a water sample to be tested thru them. It came out questionable. So they said they wanted to follow up with another test. Now, we all know this is an attempt to sell a water filtration system right? We are not stupid here! But whoever sent in the original water to be tested is a dimwit if they don't know what the purpose of testing the water! Ha! Because now he's complaining that I set up an appt. Why did I do that without asking him? Blah blah blah! Well? I did it because you showed interest by sending in the original water sample? So it looks like it's what you want! That's why! If you didn't want people calling and setting appt. than why send the water sample in the first place? Ugh!