Administrator

It's all about me Part 5

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-21.html

D
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!

Kz I'm praying he gets some help asap! I'm scared of my terrible insomnia too. I tell you I suffered so badly with brain zapps and scary day time dreams. I think I'd panic too if I couldn't see the doctor til Monday. I don't think that's right to make him wait so long?

I gave my husband a terrible time! Kept him awake for a week at least when I switched to sub and had to go off my xanax.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Dee!

TOD
Old 04-24-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hoot Hoot on part 5!

So happy to have you with us Kz!!! Thanks for sharing your life with us!!!

Don't worry your Rob will be ok....they'll get him what he needs. They must deal with these things all the time. Right?

(((Kzaug)))
Old 04-24-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ty Dee!
I don't normally suffer from insomnia, but I didn't sleep for over a mo. @ night when I 1st quit benzos ( not to mention tossing & turning so violently that my hair was so tangled, I thought I was going to have to chop it off. ) I'd finally just pass out from shear exhaustion!
To be truthful, I haven't delt w/his insomnia that well the last couple mos, because the subs w/d's I was experiencing made me crabby. But I'm starting to feel better!
Clean, I really think you & Rob have very similar body chemistry's.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thx Clean, you're a sweety!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YES! it looks like it! Like we are a lot alike! Wasn't benzo wd the worst? That's one drug I am steering clear of forever!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kz, Blue explains it best but I'll try.

Very often, the initial motivation comes from outside sources - friends, family, work - and the addict feels he or she must get clean for them. But then along the way it switches to an internal motivation and that's what keeps them clean. That may be where Rob is now. He's gone there for you but is now needing to find that internal motivation to stay.

Fwiw, my husband struggles a lot with that. A lot of his motivation is still external. He needs to find his internal motivation. It was there for the first month but slowly he's regressed.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well guys, it's past my bedtime. My son & I are going to my youngest daughter's house tomorrow. She lives 2hrs away, so we always spend the night to get 2 visiting days in.
Not sure how much I'll be here, so have a great wkend!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're wecome!

Nite Nite Kzaug enjoy your day at your daughter's.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ty Charlie. I know exactly what you mean.
Clean, don't get me started on benzos w/d's. Lol. I could go on forever on the horrors of benzo w/d, just hoping I could reach 1 person & talk them into trying Cognitive Behavioral Therapy instead.
Okay, I'm really going to bed this time. Lol.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you guys! I'm happy for my friend, but it still makes me a bit jealous. Sure, he might not be BF material, but i certainly wouldn't say no to some male attention and some fun.

Yeah, i know that I need to be very careful not to slide back into depression right now. The whole thing was induced through some very bad news. Wednesday was very very bad,i cried, stayed in bed all day, and didnt really eat anything because i didnt want to see anyone and the way from my room to the cafeteria was just too long. A wonderful friend of mine even offered to send me a domino's gift card, but by that time i was too sick to eat. But isn't that sweet? Yesterday, all i wanted was staying in bed, eventually i could bring myself to finish an assignment and go to class, then I went out with my friends. It was good to get out,but the episode with my friend just started to trigger some of my other weaknesses, not the best thing to happen, when you're already down. As i said, at the end of the night, i just broke down and cried for like 30 minutes. Today i felt much better, still very vulnerable and sad, and i don't have a lot of energy. I have two major assignments due, one party tomorrow, and some other smaller events tomorrow. I need all the strength I can get, but it takes so much effort.

I really need a miracle right now, so please keep your fingers crossed and if you wouldn't mind keep me in your prayers for that miracle. I need it, or i don't know how to move on from that. thank you!

Thank you for reading
Old 04-24-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Butter, you need it, you got it. Prayers for whatever you need coming your way. Plus the hugest hugs!!
Old 04-25-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Evening,

Butter, Its great to have a girlfriend you can hang out with; but Im sorry the evening didn’t go so well. My prayers are with you & Im keeping my fingers crossed for good news coming your way soon.
I can feel the pain in your post. I hope you can have some good times during the weekend... seize opportunity to be with your friends.. It was very sweet of your friend to offer a Dominos card to you. You have a lot of people who care about you, don't forget.

TOD I was just looking at the weather and it shows your getting some very bad storms, rain, uprooted trees, and tornadoes in the region. I hope your all safe, Im sending prayers your way too.

Kzaug, My husband didn’t want to go to rehab, even after he had the seizures. He still thought he could handle it on his own. He agreed to go but it was because of family pressure. My personal opinion is that part of the job of the doctors in the rehab is to help engage the patient in the treatment. A lot like what Charlie just said.. they can help people find the internal motivation. This is why its really so critical that people find treatment that fits them as individuals. How did Rob pick the rehab in Georgia? Did he know what he was getting into? Many of the rehabs these days are using evidence based treatments as the core of rehab experience, and they will inform people of support groups hopefully of different varieties, but they don’t require participation or pressure people… because according to the treatment recommendations (national institute of drug abuse) these things can sometimes be beneficial, but they are not necessary for recovery. But there are also a lot of rehabs that don’t do this.. yet.

My husband wanted to come home after about a week… and then again when he was about 2/3 the way through. I think its common.. its hard to be away from everything you know, all the people you care about, and also be facing such serious issues.. I never got tough with my husband though; I just reminded him why he was doing it, and to think of the things that were motivating him; like our son. He was away for 90 days and it was out of state too. But when he was about half way through they wanted us to do marriage counseling & I actually relocated for just over a month so I could participate in those sessions in person. It was also a little bit of a break for me to get away with my son. Had to rent a place to stay while we were there.. I have good memories of it now.

Thank you.. I think I just informed the group here about the new addition to our family right before you joined us. Wont be here until October so we have a ways to go..

Cleanin – hope you had fun out tonight at the party. I was thinking about Birchbox, and then all the infomercials I see at night.. right now a Miracle Bamboo Pillow. With all the talk of insomnia on the thread today.. the infomercial says.. the right pillow can make all the difference. LOL All of you just need a new pillow. But Im not sure I could sleep using one.. because I would be thinking about the Koala bears losing their habitat.

I was thinking I should get caught up on the G.Anatomy show.. I am like Kzaug and think I have several of the seasons on dvd.. and I bet I could find the others reasonably priced. by the time I get to it.. this season will be available.. LOL You know how slow I am.. cant even get my Christmas movies done.

I am going to try to stay in better shape for this baby, eat better, and do regular exercise. I have done yoga and there is a class you can take during pregnancy so Im going to look into it. Another thing I want to look into is aquatic aerobics. I took classes a long time ago and those were fun. You might like these for back issues, sometimes they have them through a community center pool; special ones for people with arthritis with warm water. Those are popular here & actually a bit relaxing with stretches. I took this one too.. who wants to do aerobics in cold water?

Hope your presentation went well Blue.

Charley… I hope your weekend goes smoothly.

Have a nice time with your family this weekend Kzaug.

I guess next week I will have to make an appointment with the surgeon for our cat and look at all the options. Whats so hard is that the cat doesn’t like to go to the vet at all. So every option requires many vet visits. Last problem was with the ears.. I had to put those drops in, and I was not well liked then either. I have been forgiven as of today, but not if we go back next week.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Off for day 3 of dance comp, then home quickly for my niece's bday party. Around 4 am they issued a snowfall warning, it was 65f yesterday and suddenly we're supposed to have a foot of snow. It's already freezing rain so we're taking the 4X4 truck on our hour and a half drive to my hometown for the competition. ugh!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

There's nothing like being up for 10 minutes and not holding back words that I've tried to hold in for OH so long now! "I can't stand being around you while you're taking these pills!" YIKES! But the words are out there now! Jethro shouldn't have said: "All you do is bitcch!" When I said something about Mr. Cotton still being covered up in his crate and the heat bulb on underneath him! THEEEE button got pushed! I spewed it out! He said: "Well we can FIX that" and stormed outside! CRAP CRAP CRAP

He said: "You don't even know when I'm taking the pills?" I then said: "You just ordered another month of pills so apparently you're taking them!" He walked out!

He was walking around acting sheepish and avoiding me! I was busy texting on the phone, answering two ppl back that sent me texts while I was still asleep!

He came in to tell me he was going to my mom's to get a part for the 4-wheeler. He stood there waiting to see if I'd kiss him goodbye! I hugged him and told him: "I do love you. I just can't stand being around you while you're on these pain pills. Just like you couldn't stand being around me!" He nodded in acknowledgement! I then told him I didn't want to leave and I sure didn't want a divorce! He agreed!

So we'll see what happens from this point on!
Old 04-25-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TOD when I first read your post...I thought "uh oh" but then as I read the whole post it looked like it ended up on a positive note? Did you get that vibe? I sure hope you reached Jethro....and he thinks long and hard about how those stupid pills are effecting his life and you guys relationship!

Charley good luck to your daughter! I hope she brings home the gold! She sure deserves it!

Kz I totally understand about the Benzos. I hope more info is out there now days that people understand what they're in for when their doctor prescribes it for anxiety. So many better options out there!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I was until just now. This world never ceases to amaze me! Ugh!

Butter I hope you are feeling better today. Yes it was very nice of that friend to offer you Dinner.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cleanin: Yeah I got the same news on Blue! UGH! Some of us are more expressive than others and we get slammed for it! Been there, seen it, done it myself! So much more I could say? But? I'd like to stick around!

Seems things are a little easier with me and Jethro now! I'm going to hope for the best!

TOD
Old 04-25-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yes bad news about blue Funny, the other day at work I got a handwritten thank you note from my boss's boss's boss (lol) thanking me for asking questions and keeping him accountable. Too bad Blue doesn't get the same thanks. she is one of the sweetest people I know.

We're home after a crazy drive in the snow and ice and wind. Lots of cars in the ditch, lots of accidents. Not sure if we'll make it out tomorrow, we'll see.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OK could someone help me out, what's a benzo?

Tod, I'm so sorry about Jethro.
I'll write more later.