View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Hello again Ladies!

Butter so glad to hear from you!! Yes I could do that but I think what is the most overwhelming for her are the administrative parts. Taking the calls, answering questions, booking appointments and classes. So I already forwarded the calls to my home phone. That way I can take care of any that come in. Now, I just have to remember to answer the phone like it's a business. Ha!
I'm sure praying that it turns out the way you want it too!

Not a lot going on here right now. TOD I sure wish you'd send some of those storms our way! We have not had much rain at all. And I love a good thunder storm! But I've noticed we don't get too many here on the island. I remember searching the internet for info and found out it was true. There is something to do with the ocean and storms? Will have to look it up again....for the details.

My daughter is on the phone with her Columbia advisor right now. I think her stress is how is she paying for it? She is trying to find any grant or loan, scholarship, and or campus position that will help her. She said her number one goal in life, since she wants to be a college administrator, is to make college available to all who are excepted. She says that should be the number one stressor for students, not how to pay for it. I suppose that is debatable, but I have to agree that it's sad that for some, who can't afford it, college is only a dream. But I do believe where there is a will there is a way. We do have lots and lots of programs out there . I also noticed that when a student is not handed their education on a silver platter, more effort is made. Just my thoughts on it....I might be wrong.