It's all about me Part 5

Old 06-09-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Here is that Walmart story. Ha!

Mom involved in vicious Beech Grove Walmart fight says confrontation started over racist remark | Fox 59
Old 06-10-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Our newspaper district manager came by today to collect money from us for another year of newspaper delivery! (We'll wait them out before we pay again. We always get a discount if we wait! It was $30.00 this go round! ) He loved our silkies and kept wanting to touch them. Especially Molly with her full fluffy feathered self! She was okay as long as I was holding her! He said one of his young daughters loves feathers! I loaded him up with some long ones from the silkies to give her!

On his way out I asked if he needed an entertainment center since he was walking right past it to get out the door! He said he thought he might and would come pick it up! Thank you LORD! I'm on a roll now! Got the "Lion" meat ready to go out the door and now hopefully the entertainment center too! LOL Jethro will really start to sweat bullets now that I'm getting more stuff cleared out! He knows if I start making progress I won't stop! Hee Hee I'm wicked that way!

I keep trying to get it thru his thick head stuff needs to GO! We've got to clear stuff out so we can get the wooden floor put down! I have trouble just cleaning the house due to all the stuff he has stacked inside! It's driving me crazy! He doesn't SEE it! The stuff that is! He'd rather tell me "not to get my panties in a twist" than to actually have to do something with the stuff! ARGH! So that's where I have to make the movements to make it disappear! And to top it off? I have this tall dresser sitting right in front of my bedroom door. I can't afford to gain anymore weight. I'd never get thru the small opening into my bedroom! I have the perfect spot in HIS bedroom for it if he'd just clear the corner out! I've been working on that project since 2006!

I'd much rather be working inside under the A/C now anyway! The temps are getting real close to a hundred degrees now! I walked up behind Jethro to hug him while we were waiting on Maria to do her evening potty job and then go to bed! He was soaking wet with sweat! I have the friggin temp set on 67 degrees in the house too! I said something to him about it and he just said: "I know!" I hope his bells and whistles are going off loud and clear! He needs to make a change in his weight and his pain med intake! I've already warned him NOT to buy any snacks if he goes shopping!

Well it's almost 5:00 AM! I better start shutting the house down and hit the bed with sleepy eyes!

TOD
Old 06-10-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Aright nite nite TOD! Morning to anyone just waking up. My husband has been watching the manhunt that's underway for the escaped convicts. They say they may have found a way to get passed the border in Canada. Well, I guess it's possible and probably part of their plan since the jail was in upstate NY. Hmm...wonder if they'll catch them? Must be very creepy finding them out in your yard. Yikes. Oh let me tell you. There have been times when my kids have waited out in the car. Like just before we leave to go somewhere or something. Hubs is always the last one out of the house...we all end up waiting forever for him.

Anyway, the other day some thieves from Best Buy were running away from police. They jumped into a car that had kids sitting in it. The police shot them...but I hate to think what could have happened. Very scary stuff!

Looks like another nice day today.... a little cooler. :-)

Allfor I meant to comment more but it got late last night. I hope you are ok and kitty's treatments aren't upsetting you too much. I know how you worry! Prayers going out to you.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Wow the world is scary out there! Fights at Walmart and did you see the article how many cop calls to the one store? What goes on at Walmart? Is it shoplifting or violent crime?

Escaped convicts and criminals on the loose!

Tod, your zoo has the remains of a mermaid on display? I thought they were fictional? I may need to look this up!

Hey Butter there is an idea. Maybe you could check out schools in Canada? Or their policies for students?

When you were traveling around, did you find everyone friendly here in the USA? When we were visiting where you live, I thought people were friendly. But I know you have to live someplace to really understand the culture. College towns and campus life are different too I think.

I hope something comes through. Does it have to be a "student loan" your looking for?

Clean, your husbands cousins dont sound very nice especially after you guys helped them out in the past. I mean I think if you value the concept of family, then you dont treat people this way, or talk to them like that. Your husbands been through a lot too and had many medical issues. But with 13 kids they have their own little community going on.

BBL
Old 06-10-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Yeah clean, unfortunately that does sound familiar. I don't even have to bother to ask my family for help. My mom would help me in a heartbeat but she can't.

Blue, yes! I always thought everyone is friendly. For example Bostonians are considered to be rude. I never thought they were rude. Obviously it can be seen as superficial but honestly, it makes you feel so much better if you are greeted with a how are you rather than a "what do you want".

Blue, it doesn't have to be a student loan, but most loans require a steady income, which I do not have one way or another. I called the bank today, it's on the other end of switzerland and the only bank that offers loans for students. But only for people from that state
Old 06-10-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Why do you think they dont do student loans ? Is it because of the way the educational system is set up differently than in USA? How long do you need residency in that state to qualify? Might be an option even if it took a year ?

I dont even know all my relatives. If one came and asked for something I guess it would depend what it was. If it was money it would be a gift and not a loan . The ones I do know, we always try to help each other out if someone is in a tough spot. I think there is a difference between people who just want to "take" and never give, or offer support in ways they can, compared to family who just has a hard time for various reasons but is living as best they can. We dont have any "takers" that I know of except maybe one cousin. Her story is a riot! We are not close but I hear stories. So far shes got a house for free, a new car, had the house remodeled and cracked everyone up when she insisted it have some industrial grade electrical put in so all the wiring was replaced., she got like 25k new teeth, and a new wardrobe all from her parents and grandparents. Since Im not affected, all I can say is more power to her! The stories make me laugh. Last I heard she was angry because her stepfather wouldnt give her some necklace that belonged to her grandma. And no, she doesnt have any addiction issues or mental health issues Ive ever heard of. I bet Tod could put her straight! Her son was kinda going down the same path but he didnt get any takers. I heard someone told him to grow up. Hahaha He graduated from Cornell, Clean. Upstate NY. Ok maybe he had one taker, I guess. He is a stay at home dad now and his wife is the one who works. He worked in Finance for a while in NYC but OMG this gets worse the more I recall things. Rumor had it he was padding his expense account big time, spend too much time socializing with clients and not working, and he got caught. No one knows if its true tho. Probably is. Hahaha ok we do have a weird limb on our family tree.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

they don't do it here. There's a law that says that any loan must be paid within a certain amount of time, but student loans wouldn't do that. And as i said, the steady income is a requirement.

see, i don't want the money as a gift. I would want to pay it back. If I could earn the money in a reasonable time, i'd do it, but it's not possible
Old 06-11-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Your news is disappointing Butter... no luck on student loans.. there is a law about length of time to repay debt.. probably keeps the country out of a bit of trouble.. LOL But Im sorry to hear this news..

How is your family? Your grandmother?

Charley you are right about the people who find out your expecting and for some reason want to touch you.. I think I would fall in more of the unfriendly category because it gets old pretty quick. The ladies at church are so excited.. my parents are telling people and I swear I have people stopping by to see how I look.. Being pregnant is not for the self conscious. LOL Do they have this habit in Switzerland Buttercup? I might need to relocate for a few months..

Ive got all these projects Im working on, and last night I was lazy and just watching movies.. I sent you some info on the Hallmark Channel Cleanin... I realized almost all of us on this thread.. have been posting about watching tv and movies... LOL We know how to do recovery work on our thread... movies are very healing, relaxing, and refreshing. Not a few that you watch TOD.. some of those would keep me awake at night..

Congrats on finding someone to take the entertainment cabinet.. those can be so big and heavy to contend with. I hope he comes back to take it.. probably excited to get it.

When you get to the zoo with the meat, please take a picture of the mermaid for us.. LOL I saw this show a while back, think it was on Lifetime.. where these two women fit.. how shall I say.. womens undergarments.. I think the show was called Double Ds ? Anyway, for some reason they were making suits for these women who performed as mermaids in an underwater tank. At the end of the show, they filmed them swimming around with people viewing them.. I love tv...

Kitty and I are hanging in there.. Tomorrow is Thursday so twice more this week, and then next week.. and hopefully that will be it.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's the picture of the Arkansas Alligator's Farm Merman!

TOD
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Ugly looking thing TOD. Ha! I went and looked it up last time you mentioned it.

Allfor yes TV and movie viewing can be very therapeutic. The problem I have is my daughter's and husband's taste in shows can be pretty violent and graphic. My daughter is watching something right now called Between. I guess it's a series about a town where everyone age of 22 or older contracts a virus and dies. Doesn't do well for my anxiety and phobia of death let me tell ya! But at least I have my SR.....and you all here to chat with while she watches this. One thing we do have is an abundance of TV's. So I can go into another room and watch something else...if I want. We have 1 in each of our three bedrooms, one in our living-room and one (very small) in our kitchen. But allfor I'm so glad you are taking it easy. I remember getting lots of attention while pregnant too. (Or at least my tummy did!) So true about pregnancy not being for the self-conscious. Between all those doctor's exams (increasing throughout the pregnancy), the attention from family and friends and then the grand finale of labor and delivery. The hospital I went to with my daughter was a teaching one, so it wasn't strange to have a group of residents circled around the doctor.

Butter good luck with the loan. Feel so bad you can't live where you are happiest!

TOD it looks super hot down your way. Didn't realize how hot Arkansas gets. But I guess it would being down in the south. I'd make good use of the AC too. So far we are ok with our ceiling fans. Last year we didn't need to turn ours on. We had a few super hot days, but we decided to bask in them and took off to the beach or park. We have several beaches within a 10 mile radius in which to choose from. Plus some really nice state parks too.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I got woke up too early by Mr. Cotton crowing non stop! I'm heading back to bed soon!

Yeah it's too damned hot here! I love my night time life during the summers even more! I don't fair well in the sun or the heat! Too many medical reasons!

As for TV's? My 40in flat screen is starting to crackle in volume when there are loud parts! Time to get a new one! If it isn't one thing? It's another! But if things didn't wear out? People wouldn't have jobs to make new ones!

Yes I watch a huge variety of shows! There's no telling what you'll catch me watching when you walk out here! LOL Nothing dirty though! Those are all fake emotions and put on for entertainment! I get enough entertainment around here! I watched the movie "We're the Millers" night before last. OMG I laughed so damned hard I thought I was going to wake Jethro up way back in his bedroom! I had tears rolling down my cheeks!

As for the blood guts and gore movies/shows? It better be worth watching. I can't stand the fakeness of them. Whenever someone gets shot or stabbed I'm sitting here going: "Come on! Come on! Where's the fake blood coming from the mouth? We know it's coming! Gotta make it look bad! Oh yeah! There it is!" Now y'all know how I feel and view those kinds of scenes! I watched an old black and white movie the other night about, "The Thing from another world"! Talk about stupid! LOL Compared to todays stuff! But all in all it was interesting and the announcer said at the end of the movie? James Arness was the Thing and that was his first big role into the film world! Well you don't say? Then he stepped into the role of Gunsmoke as Matt Dillon! How about that? Never know what we'll learn from shows!

I'm good at reversing something I'm watching and pausing it then playing it forward in slow motion to look at things again! I catch all kinds of mistakes in them! LOL

Y'all enjoy the day! I'll be back later this evening!

TOD
Old 06-11-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Alright TOD! Goodnight! Hope you sleep well. I totally agree with you about your night time schedule. We end up having a summer schedule too. It's not strange at all for us to be up all night and sleep all day during the summer. We don't plan it...it just happens that way. But this year, with Laila going to summer camp, it might be different. My husband's work asked him if he wants to change his schedule to 6 am to ً2:00 pm next month. He asked me what I thought. I think it could be good. Maybe he can open up some time in his schedule to teach a course or two?
Old 06-11-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Omg , you mean its a male mermaid, and its called a Merman? Ive never heard of one before. Why is it at the alligator park? Is it related to alligators? Looks kinda like an alligator.

Dont watch scary stuff Clean! No virus shows in particular! You and Allfor both need to put your feet up (for different reasons) and watch comedy and lighthearted drama.

I lost my pm to you Clean! I will re-do it. I was reaching for a dried apricot and must have swiped my hand across the screen. Sad! It caused me to become upset and I ate 3 dried apricots.

I saw some of the escaped convict manhunt in NY last night. Scary! Your not anywhere near there right? I get scared of stuff! Do you remember when Mr Blue was in rehab and I found the funnny paper towel roll with the lightbulb and the skull tape on it in the driveway??
I still think it was weird, but I realize now NO hard core drug dealer would have threatened me with it, unless it did have some kind of explosive in it and was shot from a gun like I originally thought. Ok better not go there. Its still weird and gives me the creeps! I took it to the police too did you know that?

I need another apricot now! I feel stressed.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Argh! I thought I had posted but it's gone! I must have only read the preview and not hit post ... I will have to post from home later. H is gone tonight so nice quiet night for me

I also owe some pm's. I will do that soon too!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I owe you one too Charley.

Maybe it should be a Brownie night at your house!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

You and Allfor both need to put your feet up (for different reasons) and watch comedy and lighthearted drama.
haha that reminds me of a dream i had last week. Not only allfor was pregnant but also blue, clean and charley all at the same time So maybe guys if you want to tell us something? Maybe I can get my tuition by being a psychic?

For once in a while I have a positive story to tell. I met my BFF today, who I obviously haven't seen in a while. She's been with me for every step of the way with B and we often met at a coffee shop and talked about it. These dates became our tradition and today we met up. At one point the conversation went to B. and she asked me if I'm over him and I said totally. I completely realized that he is not good for me (not only because of his addiction, but also for other reasons) She just said: "Thank god, finally" I told her about my signature here and said this door is not only closed but closed, locked, and barricaded.

We also talked about Mr.S (haha remember him?) and how B and Mr.S eventually led me to where I am today, so eventually, I have to say thank you to B and S lol
Old 06-11-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Blue: Swiping your arm across the screen and now everythings floating around in space somewhere? Hope the words are nice and warm out there? Just more reason I don't get anything new to work on! All the newer electronic stuff just makes my head spin!
>>>>>The lady at the Alligator Farm said it's been on display for 130 years!
>>>>>As for the weird paper towel roll in your driveway? We find stuff in our yard all the time! Especially on trash days! When ppl don't put loose items in trash bags? The dump truck picks up the cans to empty them into the trucks! If there's the slightest breeze a lot of loose things go everywhere but inside the truck!
>>>>>Then there are those that like throwing stuff out of their cars for one reason or another! ARGH! Once a week I go around the yard and the street along our property to pick stuff up! Our driveway seems to be the spot where someone also finishes their cigarette! Lots of white cigarette butts to pick up in the dirt! I wonder if this person knows there's a $100.00 fine if they are caught?

After going back to bed I got back up at 8:30 PM! Jethro had done the shopping for us and also had a new 42 inch flat screen TV sitting in the dining room! I went online to research reviews before opening the box! And I'm glad I did. It's going back for a different brand!

Jethro had grilled some steaks and I had mine waiting for me. I took out some leftover veggies to put with the steak and made a nice supper! I had asked him NOT to buy snacks while shopping! He had added them to my shopping list. I suggested he buy good things to eat for when he's hungry! Not bags of chips and candy to sit around eating. So this evening he was in the kitchen making himself a couple of ham sandwiches instead of sitting with junk food in his lap! We all get hungry! But it's what we put in our mouths that makes the difference in how we look! And we've both reached that point of needing to change our diets!

I was watching the doctor's show the other day and this woman on there suggested we eat/drink everything w/o a bar code on it for a month in order to lose weight and to feel better! Hmmmmmmm That would take some doing!

Jethro brought up the subject of Social Security this evening in reference to something on TV. I again suggested he needed to apply for it again. He's getting closer to the age of 60 and has all the medical proof of qualifying for it. He seemed interested in trying again! Places just aren't willing to hire the older generation folks! Unless of course it's Walmart and he'll never work there!

While he was making his two sandwiches he said: "You're getting on my nerves!" I laughed and said: "But Honey? That's my job as your wife!" He just groaned! LOL

The entire time we were in the living room talking? Miss Maria was stretched out on the couch sleeping between her light weight blanket and another towel we use for wrapping around an ice pack! She was oblivious to mom and dad talking! She had her daddy sitting on the floor with his back up against the couch right where she was laying down. Just a fluff of dirty feathers settled in for the night until she goes to bed with daddy!

TOD
Old 06-12-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

No news from me Butter! I like kids but Im also a little afraid of having my own. Life will change so much! Im scared!! I know Mr Blue will be a good dad. (But he worries) But I worry about my mom skills! (And he says I will be a great one) Bottom Line: Im not ready yet! You may have kids before me! Lots of little Butters! Hahahaha

Its good news on getting past B, and S. Hahaha BS
I feel like those relationships were meant to happen and were put in your path for a reason.

We dont get much trash where we live and this was somehow shot into the driveway, timing and all made it spooky!

Im sooo happy its Friday! Im going to work in my garden some more. Anyone have big plans?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good afternoon!

I'm still awake and have been all over the place today! I went to the VAH Dental department and got this loose crown fixed today! Couldn't stand it any longer. And of course my BP went thru the roof when I crawled in the chair. I took another BP pill as well as a valium tablet to get it down. It's a temporary fix! I was told due to the type of bacteria in my mouth? I was going to be wearing dentures down the road! NOT what I wanted to hear! I told him I brush, floss and rinse all the time! He said ppl with my type of bacteria can't beat it! This sucks! I told my mom about it and she told me my dad ended up wearing dentures at a very young age! I guess I inherited it from him! Sigh!

I called mom to see if she wanted to meet us for lu-sup? She jumped at the chance! We got to the restaurant before she did. After we got seated and started eating. Mom kept pointing at one person or another and said something about them. I told her she better stop it or else I was going to move her to the other side of the table. She said she was just like her mother the older she got! LOL We had a nice meal and lots of laughter!

We left there and stopped by Farmers Coop to get Marilyn some egg laying pellets for eating. That's what she had to eat at my cousins so I'm figuring she might be missing them.

We went two doors down to try and get another large soft brush for washing the cars. They were out of them.

Then we went two streets down and I went into the Cable Company's Office to get us setup for a change over to Fido! I'll be able to watch so much more with this box. It also has On Demand on it! Yippeeeeeeeeeee Jethro is also getting his own box so he won't miss his shows either!

We finally made it home and there's Maria standing in the laundry room on the attack! LOL Demanding she be taken outside. I immediately took her outside into the scorching temperatures! She'll warm up fast and be ready to come back inside in a little while. Molly is standing in fluff mode signaling she's ready to go to bed! I have her all messed up on hours right now!

TOD
Old 06-12-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

hahaha blue, i highly doubt that i will have kids before you!!!! i mean, the last time i checked you needed a male counterpart to achieve that. not that i'm missing that one (anymore) but you know

hahahha yes they were meant to be. without BS i wouldn't have met the person. who shall not be named