It's all about me Part 5

Old 05-17-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Ugh. You two. That is tough. Playing the what gets paid this month is really stressful. I hope you two can find a way to make it work.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Happy posted ! Yeah Happy!

I bet you are a popular aunt. What a great day planned to make cards, and cookies. I hope you have fun.

I wanted to check in with you girls and good thing I did or I might have missed Kz for a few days. I hope not, but I will miss you too if your away.

Mr Blue worked yesterday and didnt get home until afternoon. I was going to go to Ikea with my mom, but he said he would like to go and look around too. We dont go there a lot. Hopefuly we will go one day next week. We both have short weeks due to the holiday!

I spent most of yesterday in the yard, working in my little garden, cleaning up peanut shells, and my sis came over for a while. It was a good day, but I still want Ikea cookies!

You guys crack me up over Mr Blue in fuzzy slippers and smoking jackets reading poetry. Hahaha He was wearing jeans and a t shirt. I think the poem would be cool somehow framed. Gotta think about how.

Jethro cracks me up too. I hope she wasnt offended over all your laughter. When nature calls, it calls. Chickens are sensitive.

Wet squirrels are cute, their tails are not fluffy, but they still come out for peanuts. Unfortunately we arent getting much rain so our guys have fluffy tails most the time. They also like the water bowl I put out and they are so cute drinking!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I love Ikea. It is so much fun just walking around seeing all the cool stuff they have. I could definitely work there.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I wanted to pop in real quick while Rob's on a walk w/my gs.

Happy, it's really nice to see you posting. I'll catch up when I get back.

Blue, sounds like you had a very productive wkend.

Clean, I'm pm'ing you.

Tod, Allfor, Charlie & Butter, have a great couple of wks if I don't see you before then.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Happy! Thank you for joining in! I kept saying hello so you'd one day maybe talk to us! We are a friendly/interesting group here!

Cleanin/Kz! OH GROAN about getting the phone shut off! Can you call the company and make arrangements? I've done that many times in the past!

Blue: Take that poem, frame it and put it in your new cottage! I did a short video of Marilyn early this morning singing. I'll have to figure out how to post it for y'all! Sounds like no other chicken I've ever had before!

I let her out first and then walked towards the gate to go get Jethro's paper for him! A storm was brewing and I figured I'd be nice and get his paper before the bottom fell out! He was still asleep! Marilyn chased me all the way to the gate and stood there crying and complaining until I came back. LOL I went inside got her shredded cheese and brought it to her! She was a happy hen at that point! So much for me being worried about her being a wild penned up chicken! LOL

TOD
Old 05-17-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro will fuss at me for texting him instead of getting up and coming inside to talk to him! So I'm sitting here watching TV and I get a text! From Jethro! He's typing with one finger to send this message, because as you see from the photos below? Maria is sitting on his arm playing the "Guard Chicken" role! He text me to tell me how she's sitting spread legged on his arm like she does on the back of the couch! So I went in and took a couple of pictures!

After the first picture I took! I asked Maria if she was doing the chicken guard thing for daddy? She turned her head and gave me the one eyed look as if to say: "Mom? Are you serious? Don't I always warn daddy when something in the yard isn't supposed to be there?" LOL

TOD
Old 05-18-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Ha ha ha ha! Cute pictures TOD!

I said the same thing to Blue. That she should put that poem in her little cottage.

I'm passed the point of making arrangements...did that already. It isn't just my phone it's my wifi/internet/TV /home phone. None of it I care about except internet....and it doesn't matter if I discontinue it all except internet because they made it so that you pay just about the same price for internet only as you would for all three. So it does nothing to cancel all but internet.

The relative is not going to be helping me out...so I will be losing it...unless by some miracle, I get ahold of the money. My kids are taking it better than I am. Crazy! But, oh well, can't make someone understand if they've never been in your shoes. That person's world is so much different. They have no concept. I guess I'll have time for other things now.

KZ if you are still here...I'm going to pm you.

Happy I love Ikea too! It's a fun store!

Charley please check in when you get the chance! I hope I haven't forgotten a pm or response or something. I get very forgetful when I'm stressed! Worried about you!

Blue will have to resort to puppets if husbunny started wearing fuzzy slippers and red and black smoking jackets. Ha!
Old 05-18-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Well Dang it Cleanin! There's always the library you can go to for a little while! We are half Cable Company and half AT&T here! Don't know if you remember the BS I went thru with the electric company 3 months after dad passed? However! I got my deposit back this month! So our electric bill was covered for the month from that!

Yeah I'm still up! I just finished watching my third movie! I'm up later than usual waiting on a phone call from stepdaughter! This is the 3rd time they've taken her youngest son to the hospital! It started Monday! He's been throwing up, can't hold anything down and it's also coming out the bottom end! He's had fevers spiking up to 105.2! She's been getting the run around at Children's Hospital! The first hospital she took him to put the IV in wrong! They missed his vein and the fluids were pooling in his arm! Luckily the children's hospital caught it and put a new one in the right way!

No one has been able to diagnose what the problem is yet! I haven't heard from her and now that Jethro is awake I'll be turning it over to him!

TOD
Old 05-18-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's the article with pictures in reference to those thousands of flying spiders!

Spectacular images show thousands of spiders using their silk to fly | Daily Mail Online

TOD
Old 05-18-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Yay! Yay! Woot woot!

My bill is paid! Just got off the phone with Verizon and its PAID in full!

Thank you thank you God!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Clean you scared me! And combined with thousands of spiders. I WAS A MESS, hahahahaha

Ok Tod have a good one for you. A while back I told the guys who work on the yard not to trim anything in the backyard. By the house was ok, but the back area cut the grass but leave the trees and bushes alone.

For the squirrels of course!

Husbunny told me last week that I needed to let the lawn people do more trimming because the backyard is getting too grown up and he didnt want to spend his free time trimming trees and pruning shrubs.

Soooo. While he was at work on Saturday I got creative and tied little yellow ribbons on the trees and shrubs they could trim.

He came home and was so sweet, applauding me for my obvious effort and compassion, and how attractive this quality is. But adding the yard looked like a crime scene in pastel.

He said I need to let the lawn people do their job and not to worry they do as little as possible. They wont be scaling trees cutting off critical branches for the squirrels. And he added all the bushes grown up makes it easier for predators to hide and attack them or our pets.

I guess he's right, he usually is. This week the backyard will be spruced up. Im nervous!

I know you will laugh at my ribbons but it was dog gone creative I think! Hahana
Old 05-18-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good evening everyone!

Cleanin! So how did you pull that one off? Paid in full!

Blue! OMG! Yellow ribbons all over the backyard! Are your squirrels? Soldiers coming home from war? My mom and young daughter had yellow ribbons around trees in her yard while I was gone during Desert Storm! You could have taken a can of bright spray paint and just sprayed the spots! Now you have all those ribbons to collect! LOL

Your husband is very correct in keeping things cleared! Y'all seem to have a lot of wildlife around there. Get down on your belly and take a look around. Do you see all those hiding places now? And just think about the snakes hiding under those bushes! Laying in wait for an ambush! Keeping things clear will also allow the squirrels to jump freely and will also allow them to see things better! You silly woman! Have you done any research on squirrels and their habitats? Anytime I've gotten a new pet that I've not had before? I always got a book and read up on them! It helped a LOT!

You had good intentions though! So I commend you for that!

Grandson was given some medicine to help settle his tummy and sent home! Hopefully that will solve the problem!

Don't know what got into Jethro today! LOL He mowed the two acres and all the dishes were washed and stacked on the counter for me to put up where I put them! This morning before I went to bed I asked him to look at the walmart list again! I told him he needed stronger glasses! Instead of buying: Huggies baby wipes? He bought: Hefty trash bags! He grabbed the list out of my hand and pitched it across the room! ROFL

Every day when I first get up! I go to the couch, put my knees on the couch and then lean over Maria on the back of the couch for some snuggle time. She is so sweet and loveable! She'll cuddle in up against my chest and start making little baby sounds! This of course doesn't happen every day! It just depends on if she's inside and on the back of the couch! After our snuggle time? I then give Jethro a kiss and take off for my coffee! LOL

TOD
Old 05-19-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I hope your grandson is feeling better.. that is a high fever.. I would have been hysterical probably. My son's got up to 104 with his ear infection. I know kids can tolerate higher fevers than adults can, but still.. I will be sending up some prayers.

Maria is cute.. looks just like a cat or dog sitting and looking out the window. What a great story about Marilyn too.. upset because you were leaving her behind. She has adjusted very quickly and really well.

KZ.. Im sorry I missed you over the weekend. I try to keep weekends all about family time, and Im not online as much. I hope you will return to us soon.

Cleanin... Its good to know you are here... I thought for a minute we were going to lose both of you at once. I would be upset over the internet, but also the tv... I do have a lot of things recorded so its not like I would be without. But I have been finding it relaxing to make time for tv at night. I finally saw the season finale of Greys.., it was really good even though Derek wasn't there. The storyline with the guy in trapped in the car.. wow.. when she brought the car there to the ER it seemed so logical, but I didn't think about it when they were out there talking about what to do.. I think the show will be ok. The new intern, who didn't look like an intern may be an interesting add too.

Blue.. your yellow ribbons are cute... I can picture you backyard.. and your husband is so tactful.. a pastel crime scene.. LOL Maybe you can think about it this way... before you found the squirrel you were maintaining the yard, cutting the branches and trimming.. and they were living there and very happy.. so there is no need to change what you were doing for the most part.

Butter.. hope you are ok..

Charley... how are you? new person will be starting at work in another week or so?

Nothing new to report with me. I will run over to AP and then call it a night.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Clean, awesome news getting the bill paid.

Tod, hope the grandson gets better soon.

Had a great day with the niece. She is my psychic super hero. She and I walked to 7-11 yesterday so I could tap mac and I bought her a treat. On the way home my money slipped out of my pocket. Long story short by the time I realized it was gone I just knew someone had found it and that was it. But, my niece kept saying " we should go on a walk and find your money". Well after she said it for the fourth time I decided what the Heck. Scooped her up and off we went looking for it. She was right. We found it all. I nearly cried. Gave her a big hug and a dollar for her help.

Sorry I am terrible with keeping everyone and their lives straight but I wanted to at least try to say hi to everyone as well. So hi to Charley, Butter, Kz, and allfor. I already acknowledged clean and Tod. Have a good day everyone
Old 05-19-2015, 01:36 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Just missed you Happy.. wanted to say hi..

How wonderful you found the missing cash.. I had something like that happen a while back.. left my wallet and was sure everything would be gone.. it was all there.. I was in shock.. felt like a miracle.

Kudos to your niece for encouraging that walk..
Old 05-19-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

I was here off and on last night! Had lots to do, posted about it on the AP!

Jethro and I had a yelling match last night with me slamming the door on my way back to the porch room! I asked a question about Mr. Cotton trying to snuggle in behind him and he said something in the reference to: that's a stupid question and he's doing what he normally does while in here with me. Well alrighty then! It proceeded to get worse from that point on! So much for having another nice evening!

I hate his nasty attitudes and his anger! He's good at holding things in though and it all turns to anger! I get the end of it when he explodes! And of course I don't know when he takes a pain pill either! His nasty attitude can come from that! I'm left guessing most of the time around here! So I've learned to avoid him and enjoy my life in what I'm doing! I'm past 300 days off the opiates and I'm enjoying MY life! If he want's to continue being miserable on them? There's not a whole lot I can do about it!

Sorry about not being on here earlier! I was doing things to keep myself happy!

TOD
Old 05-19-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Ok - trying to catch up! It seems that weekends are better when I stay off SR for whatever reason, but that means I have a lot of catching up when I come back!

Tod, glad to your grandson is feeling better. It's so hard when they're sick And I'm so sorry about your argument with Jethro. I completely understand what you're going through. It's easier I guess if you remember it's not you, it's the pills making him crazy, but it doesn't make his moods any happier. I'm so sorry

Kz, i'll miss you until you get back!

Clean, so happy to hear your bill was paid, in full! Awesome, wonderful!! Great news and one less thing on your shoulders!

Blue, lol, I love the way your husbunny woos you Is he available to give lessons to my H?

Happy - thank you for posting about you. And the story about your niece and finding your money ... I can imagine the relief you felt!

Allfor, I'm so happy when you say, nothing new to report It makes me feel like you've gotten to a great place, where everything is good in your life

My weekend was good. Friday was hard, H was in a mood, but like I posted, when I don't care it doesn't affect me as hard. After a whole evening of being a jacka$$, it came out that he had a really bad day at work. Before I would have internalized it all and felt like it was my fault, this time I just said to myself that I just don't care, and it worked itself out.

I'm also learning to read H better, his body signals that he misses. Sunday we had his sister and her family over, and I could tell he was getting really tired and stressed getting supper ready, so I made him go lie down even though he said he was ok. He wasn't and he just didn't want to admit it. I'm realizing he's not the person he was before, who could handle everything like a normal person, if that makes sense. He tires more easily, gets stressed more easily, and if I don't make him slow down or take a rest things get out of hand. I wonder why that is, that he can't function like a regular person? Is it still PAWS? I wonder, will it get better?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

I'm so happy to see this thread so busy. Lots of news from everyone! Hi allfor! Missed you! Glad you caught-up on Grey's anatomy. Now that it's summer and you have til fall before the new season begins , you have plenty of time to watch those missed seasons. TOD you mentioned, YOUR shows, a couple you name here and there, but curious which shows you like to watch? Which summer shows are you looking forward to? Allfor which ones do you watch? I'm starting to watch a little more TV too. Now that I can actually sit thru a show without having to get up after every 20 or 25 mins. to go outside to smoke. Another benefit of being a non-smoker! Yay! Anyone else who has a favorite show...please chime in. I'm planning my summer tv schedule. So relieved I will have TV this summer! Ha! Oh, TOD my daughter borrowed the money from one of her best friends. It was actually her expense that took that money away ($350 to hold her seat at Columbia) my husband just paid it without thinking about other bills. But that is my husband for you and what I deal with.

You guys know how I always find out later that there was a good reason for something bad happening right? Well, I came to find out that my daughter has been turning down a lot of potential business from her CPR and first Aid company. She simple hasn't answered the calls. Yesterday I was brainstorming with Blue of ways to pick up business. Thank you for the wonderful ideas Blue!!! See we are sitting on something that has potential . We shouldn't have to be having problems paying bills and avoiding the embarrassment of borrowing money! But when my son told me my daughter's company phone line rings and rings and she never answers it, that really surprised me and made me worried about my daughter! She is a very good instructor and loves shopping so why avoid prospective clients?
So I had a talk with her last night about it. She ended up confessing that she's been depressed and unmotivated to do anything lately. True she's been hanging around the house these passed few months. True she attended a couple girlfriends weddings recently. True she has some extra weight that needs to come off. True she's been in pain from those cluster headaches. True, she's stressed about graduate school. Problem is...I don't know how to bring her out of this? I can listen to her and try to cheer her up. But that is probably going to backfire if you know what I mean?

Happy that is a marvelous story! Amazing how your niece encouraged you to go for a walk to find it. Yes your niece is psychic! Ha ha! Something similar happened to me with regards to my phone. I somehow left my phone on the top of my car. (Don't ask how I managed that one?) But I was at work and noticed my phone was missing. I searched for it everywhere but couldn't find it! Then suddenly it dawned on me that I laid it down on top of my car when I was carrying some things into the house from my car. I know weird! Lol Anyway, I called home, using my work phone of course, asked my daughter to go out and look on the street for my phone. She was tired and grumpy. That's what happens when you wake a teenager. I assumed it was long gone or completely smashed. It was one of the later models of iphone. After, what seemed an eternity, she came back with yep. She found it and yep it still works. No damage except a few new scratches. I was shocked and so elated!

I'm so so very happy that you found your money! Your niece is your psychic and good-luck charm!

TOD sorry about Jethro's attitude. Agh!

KZ I'm so sorry you lost your phone line. I'm gonna miss you! But please come back ASAP! The moment you get reconnected.

Charley and Butter???? Where are you????

My son has an orchestra concert on Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm.

Oh, Alfor I think that nice how you are gently exposing your son to infants. That is very nice! I do think you are more worried than you need to be though. I'll bet your son will be so ecstatic to have a sibling to share his life with! Being a big brother will make him even more important! It is a promotion for him within the family. Just the mere fact that you are concerned with his feelings shows that he WILL NOT suffer from neglect or have some of the issues other kids might have when their parents are not so in tuned with their feelings....and concerned about easing the adjustment. Your kids are so very lucky to have you for their Mama!
Sending good healthy vibes to kitty.

Whoops, one more thing, TOD that is exactly what I told Blue those ribbons around the trees reminded me of. When hubby was in the army, families, whose members were away overseas in the war hung those yellow ribbons up while they waited for them to come home. That is what it reminded me of too. Lol

Blue your husbunny is a gem! Let me tell ya! But so are you! In fact, you remind me of a ruby! Ha!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Everyone is busy, busy.

Clean is fun thinking of ideas related to the business. How funny you found out people have been calling for instruction. Im sorry shes been feeling unmotivated. Ive been through phases feeling this way too. At least she has something huge to look forward to with Columbia now. Its set and shes in! Being out of a routine can make me feel out of balance, and makes me feel unstructured, unmotivated to a degree. But many things can provide structure in our life, even pets. At least all mine have their own schedules and they expect me to adhere to it!

Good points about the yard and the squirrels Allfor. What happened was, kinda like you asked Tod. A while back we had lots of things blooming and little buds. The squirrels like to nibble on all those things. I would watch them. So I asked the lawn guys not to trim so they wouldnt take off the buds and blossoms. Some things are still blooming, but others have just grown out. It will be ok now to trim, I think.

Hey, I support our troops! Yellow ribbons everywhere! Hahahaha.

Dont you worry Clean if Mr Blue starts with big fuzzy slippers and silky jackets then he's gonna have some explaining to do right to the face of a puppet. I maybe should begin designing one now. When he asks what Im doing, I'll just say, you never mind what Im doing, its a craft project. Hahaha

You had a long holiday weekend Charley? The awareness is very cool. When his sister and family was over. I do know with Mr Blue his anxiety would start to increase when at gatherings, out in public at times, certain things. He didnt have as much tolerance or ability to process events and stressful situations. He didnt always see the anxiety coming on either, and it would be churning before he realized. But I learned to see the signs part of the time in advance and it helped. He learned too, and in time his tolerance has gone back to more normal levels, but I think hes still more sensitive and aware. One of his life issues is that he always pushed forward and ignored his own warning signs. Hes kinder to himself now I think.

Tod, how silly for Jethro to get upset when talking about one of the chicken kids. Maybe it was a pill made him grumpy. Its excellent you stopped and began to do some things for yourself to make you feel good. No need for you both to be in a bad mood.

What fun with your niece. It will be a great story to tell Happy. She was excited when you found the money. Kids are so innocent. You dropped it, of course it will be there, lets go look. And she got a finders fee! Yay! Did she go home now?

Ive left things on my car Clean. Once a coffee. It came over the windshield. Splat all over. My coffee! I was afraid it would erode the paint so I went through a car wash even. Sure coffee eats paint, so I will get myself another cup. Hahaha

I'll have to answer tv question later, gotta get some food. Starving.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Thank you Cleanin... I probably am worrying more about my sons ability to adjust to a new baby more than I need too. I think he will take to the role of being a big brother. Hes at an age where he likes to "work" and "help" around the house, and have responsibilities with the animals care. He actually does a good job on the jobs we give him. We just try to use it as a learning tool, so he understands some jobs turn out to be bigger than expected and you have to stick with it, and at other times its ok to let something go for the day. Don't want him to be all work and no play.. LOL

Good question on tv shows. I like the Hallmark channels, and HGTV and the decorating, house hunting, designing shows.. Lifetime channel movies, and of course Project Runway. Im still watching Hart to Hart, and I like mystery dramas but not all the blood and violence. I like some of the reality shows, but the ones where they are doing something like designing on Project Runway, or assigned a task.. I like Shark Tank, etc. Id like to catch up on a couple of the daytime soaps I used to watch... everyone needs a good soap opera.. don't you think ? I like comedies but there doesn't seem to be a lot of new weekly comedy shows that Im drawn to.. so I end up watching TVLand or one of those channels for older ones.

Id like to hear what others are watching also.. might give me some ideas..

Thanks for checking in Charley. You both made it through without any huge blow up, that's a step in the right direction at least. Is your daughter making use of her new drivers license yet? Do they get an unrestricted license immediately?

Thanks for your comment Charley.. I guess its true.. boring can be beautiful when you've went through such an ordeal as dealing with addiction.

I should make a puppet up too Blue.. or maybe alter one that my son already has... next time my husband and I have a communication issue.. whip out the puppet.. we would probably laugh so much that we would forget why we were originally upset.. not a bad thing. My son loves "voices" with the puppets... and with some of his books. Just wait until you have kids.. you will get all kinds of toys to play with....

TOD .. did I arrive before you this evening.... did the fever go down and everything improve after the antibiotics started ?