It's all about me Part 5 - Page 26 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #501 (permalink)

Thanks Munchkin! Oh yeah raising for food is different, I understand. I think my garden actually costs us more $ than what we produce from it because of water bills where we live. So while I really enjoy picking my own veggies, in the end its more a hobby than a necessity. Ive heard of voles. Well these are groundhogs and must weigh 10 pounds. They love the fresh blossoms and will eat all the leaves off broccoli. It appears to be the favorite. I figure if I cant find a way to outsmart them naturally, then they have a right to eat it. Its kinda like a chess match with wildlife!

For someone who didnt want to go for his session today, your husband did a lot of talking while there! All sounds very confusing as to what can be discussed, what cant and in how it needs to be phrased. Does the Dr. attempt to give you both any assignments on communicating or anything? Maybe he cant get a word in! Ha!

I was so excited about my discovery of Instant Potatoes and how I can make quick cheesy baked ones out of them, I took a picture of the completed dish and sent it to my mom and a couple people. They are all laughing at me. Its more about the size of the dish I guess. I made a mini pan and the big wooden spoon is 2x larger than the dish. My mom said whenever I send her a picture of a cupcake it looks huge! But here are the potatoes supposed to serve 2 of us, and it looks like I used a childs toy baking pan. She asked if I used a thimble to serve Mr Blue soup!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueChair For This Useful Post:
cleaninLI (06-17-2015), Tiredofdrugs (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #502 (permalink)

Oh no charley, I know it's not funny; but your remark about hating elevator music tickled me. I happen to dislike it too. Its only good for relaxation and that's it.

Have you ever told your counselor you post on this site? The reason I ask that, us because you are very good at expressing yourself. If the counselor read what you have to say...he would get a much better understanding of whats going on at your house and with H. I feel like he's only getting one side of the story and that bothers me!
The Following User Says Thank You to cleaninLI For This Useful Post:
Tiredofdrugs (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #503 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
I sent a PM! Someone will get it changed as soon as possible! Thanks for the reminder. I was looking at the amount last night and we weren't there yet!

TOD
Thanks Tod!
The Following User Says Thank You to cleaninLI For This Useful Post:
Tiredofdrugs (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #504 (permalink)
RIP Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Thanks Tod!
We'll just continue as the song says until then!

TOD
cleaninLI (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #505 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Thanks Munchkin! Oh yeah raising for food is different, I understand. I think my garden actually costs us more $ than what we produce from it because of water bills where we live. So while I really enjoy picking my own veggies, in the end its more a hobby than a necessity. Ive heard of voles. Well these are groundhogs and must weigh 10 pounds. They love the fresh blossoms and will eat all the leaves off broccoli. It appears to be the favorite. I figure if I cant find a way to outsmart them naturally, then they have a right to eat it. Its kinda like a chess match with wildlife!

For someone who didnt want to go for his session today, your husband did a lot of talking while there! All sounds very confusing as to what can be discussed, what cant and in how it needs to be phrased. Does the Dr. attempt to give you both any assignments on communicating or anything? Maybe he cant get a word in! Ha!

I was so excited about my discovery of Instant Potatoes and how I can make quick cheesy baked ones out of them, I took a picture of the completed dish and sent it to my mom and a couple people. They are all laughing at me. Its more about the size of the dish I guess. I made a mini pan and the big wooden spoon is 2x larger than the dish. My mom said whenever I send her a picture of a cupcake it looks huge! But here are the potatoes supposed to serve 2 of us, and it looks like I used a childs toy baking pan. She asked if I used a thimble to serve Mr Blue soup!
Oh Blue too funny! Made me almost choke on my coffee! I want that recipe though. We tease my son because he said one day that I should make the potatoes they serve in school. I make mine from scratch and they use instant. So now my son is acused of having no taste. I mean who raves about their school lunches? He would rather eat the hot lunch than have me pack his lunch. That's fine by me! Less work! Ha! But I'll bet he'd like your recipe!
Old 06-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #506 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
Hey all, okay this is the third time I've been here online and so far I've had almost no luck in posting. Each time I get busy with a customer.
Now I'm at lunch so I have a tiny bit more time but also have to get writing.

I feel for you Charlie. Much of the frustration you exhibit reminds me of when I speak to my Dad. Hugs to you.

Okay, so blog where you can see my garden.
How does our garden Grow
Very interesting blog munchkin! I love the pics too! You guys are busy people! I want so badly to garden but just don't know how. We have quiet a few critters in our neighborhood too. I think the best I could do would be tomatoes? Maybe some blueberry bushes? Someone my husband worked with gave my husband some mint leaves from his garden. I would love to have an herb garden. Pioneer woman has this lovely garden. Could you imagine going out to your garden to snip a little basel and pick a few tomatoes to put on your homemade pasta sauce? Or for breakfast going out and picking a few blueberries to add to your cereal? That's as cool as Tod cracking Marilyn's egg and scrambling it up for breakfast. But Tod do you eat her eggs? I remember you saying you gave it to your mother.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #507 (permalink)
RIP Maria

Blue is making little teeny tiny fake potato cakes!

Cleanin is walking out to her garden in her dress, high heels, apron over the front of her dress, snipping little things to go in her basket to add to her food!

Shake it off TOD! See what happens when I watch Mariah Carey Videos? LOL

Well of course we eat the eggs we get here at home! We don't eat a lot of eggs here though. So whenever I get a dozen? I give them to mom! I even had two dozen eggs go bad on us because we didn't eat them. Marilyn hasn't given us an egg in a long time! It's no biggie! She's keeping Marvin happy and content. That was my goal when I got her anyway! It's funny how he'll collasp in his crate when he comes in for the night. She sits down for a minute and then is back up eating while in her cage. She's two years old. He's over six years old. She runs him all over the yard during the day!

TOD
cleaninLI (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #508 (permalink)

I have some garden tips for all of you.

In stores you can buy a commercial spray repellent to keep animals from eating your plants. Completely safe and natural. Or make it yourself. It is eggs, water, garlic, cayenne pepper, onion. Mix all together and spray your plants. Reapply after every rain.
Or
Take the bloody pads from packs of meat and place them around garden.

Or
Go to a hunting store and buy a bottle of Fox urine. Then get a small container like an empty pill bottle, fill with cotton and put a few drops of the Fox stuff in it. Place around your garden.
The Following User Says Thank You to happybeingme For This Useful Post:
cleaninLI (06-17-2015)
Old 06-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #509 (permalink)
Administrator

Started a new thread here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5426817

Be strong, but not rude; Be kind, but not weak; Be bold, but not bully; Be humble, but not timid; Be proud, but not arrogant.

Closed Thread