View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Good morning everyone!

I'm so happy to see this thread so busy. Lots of news from everyone! Hi allfor! Missed you! Glad you caught-up on Grey's anatomy. Now that it's summer and you have til fall before the new season begins , you have plenty of time to watch those missed seasons. TOD you mentioned, YOUR shows, a couple you name here and there, but curious which shows you like to watch? Which summer shows are you looking forward to? Allfor which ones do you watch? I'm starting to watch a little more TV too. Now that I can actually sit thru a show without having to get up after every 20 or 25 mins. to go outside to smoke. Another benefit of being a non-smoker! Yay! Anyone else who has a favorite show...please chime in. I'm planning my summer tv schedule. So relieved I will have TV this summer! Ha! Oh, TOD my daughter borrowed the money from one of her best friends. It was actually her expense that took that money away ($350 to hold her seat at Columbia) my husband just paid it without thinking about other bills. But that is my husband for you and what I deal with.

You guys know how I always find out later that there was a good reason for something bad happening right? Well, I came to find out that my daughter has been turning down a lot of potential business from her CPR and first Aid company. She simple hasn't answered the calls. Yesterday I was brainstorming with Blue of ways to pick up business. Thank you for the wonderful ideas Blue!!! See we are sitting on something that has potential . We shouldn't have to be having problems paying bills and avoiding the embarrassment of borrowing money! But when my son told me my daughter's company phone line rings and rings and she never answers it, that really surprised me and made me worried about my daughter! She is a very good instructor and loves shopping so why avoid prospective clients?
So I had a talk with her last night about it. She ended up confessing that she's been depressed and unmotivated to do anything lately. True she's been hanging around the house these passed few months. True she attended a couple girlfriends weddings recently. True she has some extra weight that needs to come off. True she's been in pain from those cluster headaches. True, she's stressed about graduate school. Problem is...I don't know how to bring her out of this? I can listen to her and try to cheer her up. But that is probably going to backfire if you know what I mean?

Happy that is a marvelous story! Amazing how your niece encouraged you to go for a walk to find it. Yes your niece is psychic! Ha ha! Something similar happened to me with regards to my phone. I somehow left my phone on the top of my car. (Don't ask how I managed that one?) But I was at work and noticed my phone was missing. I searched for it everywhere but couldn't find it! Then suddenly it dawned on me that I laid it down on top of my car when I was carrying some things into the house from my car. I know weird! Lol Anyway, I called home, using my work phone of course, asked my daughter to go out and look on the street for my phone. She was tired and grumpy. That's what happens when you wake a teenager. I assumed it was long gone or completely smashed. It was one of the later models of iphone. After, what seemed an eternity, she came back with yep. She found it and yep it still works. No damage except a few new scratches. I was shocked and so elated!

I'm so so very happy that you found your money! Your niece is your psychic and good-luck charm!

TOD sorry about Jethro's attitude. Agh!

KZ I'm so sorry you lost your phone line. I'm gonna miss you! But please come back ASAP! The moment you get reconnected.

Charley and Butter???? Where are you????

My son has an orchestra concert on Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm.

Oh, Alfor I think that nice how you are gently exposing your son to infants. That is very nice! I do think you are more worried than you need to be though. I'll bet your son will be so ecstatic to have a sibling to share his life with! Being a big brother will make him even more important! It is a promotion for him within the family. Just the mere fact that you are concerned with his feelings shows that he WILL NOT suffer from neglect or have some of the issues other kids might have when their parents are not so in tuned with their feelings....and concerned about easing the adjustment. Your kids are so very lucky to have you for their Mama!
Sending good healthy vibes to kitty.

Whoops, one more thing, TOD that is exactly what I told Blue those ribbons around the trees reminded me of. When hubby was in the army, families, whose members were away overseas in the war hung those yellow ribbons up while they waited for them to come home. That is what it reminded me of too. Lol

Blue your husbunny is a gem! Let me tell ya! But so are you! In fact, you remind me of a ruby! Ha!