Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-04-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Good for you for posting instead of drinking, taplow. Hugs.

I decided to stay home after all. The longer I was up the worse I felt... and I am tired of not taking care of myself.

I made a strong cup of tea with honey and lemon and I'm parking myself in front of the TV with the cat for the day. Everything else will still be there tomorrow.
OH..... s

Second good plan.
Really glad you are looking after yourself love. ❤️

Taplow.....I feel that is all the AV....it certainly is for me. ❤️
Old 11-04-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Good stuff on here already this morning!
Day 21. I did not sleep well, way to much of a nap yesterday. So I think a little nap will be in order this morning before some cleaning gets done.

Taplow, I am glad you posted instead of drinking.
Soberbythesea, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully your day infront of the TV with your cat will get you feeling better quickly!
Old 11-04-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Count me in

Day 4 for me. This is my danger zone and my AV gives me reason. Not tonight

Still feeling lacking energy and concentration

far to irritable with my loved ones around me.

Cannot sleep at night despite feeling fatigued and when I do have huge nightmares.

I really hope this time I beat this poison.

CFG
Old 11-04-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hello CFG s

Four days is awesome! And for sure all of the soreness and irritability and bad sleep is so hard to deal with.....for some people it gets better after around day 5, I know it did for me....it may be different than that, but soon, soon it will be so much better. s
Old 11-04-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Jim I remember you! I'm so excited to see you back here again. I've tried and failed a lot lately too but we can do this. Stay close to SR.
Hi Soberbythesea,
Yes I too remember you well. Seems like we are both still chasing our problems round in circles again x
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello CFG s

Four days is awesome! And for sure all of the soreness and irritability and bad sleep is so hard to deal with.....for some people it gets better after around day 5, I know it did for me....it may be different than that, but soon, soon it will be so much better. s

Thank you VC.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:44 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello CFG s

Thank you VC.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. It is with a heavy heart and full of shame I'm back again.Been thinking of posting for ages but it's just so embarrassing the same old promises which I then break.

Nice to see some familiar names SBTS, Linners, Citrus, Jim, Strawberry but sorry we are all back at the beginning again. Though maybe that's the wrong way of looking at it. At least we are not giving up. It seems so easy to just give up and keep drinking -I feel I cannot beat this. But I can't keep drinking. It is killing me, physically I look awful, mentally I'm a mess, time is just flying by in a haze and I'm not living my best life.

Day 2 coming to a close, feel rotten but sober.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:28 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hi everyone. It is with a heavy heart and full of shame I'm back again.Been thinking of posting for ages but it's just so embarrassing the same old promises which I then break.

Nice to see some familiar names SBTS, Linners, Citrus, Jim, Strawberry but sorry we are all back at the beginning again. Though maybe that's the wrong way of looking at it. At least we are not giving up. It seems so easy to just give up and keep drinking -I feel I cannot beat this. But I can't keep drinking. It is killing me, physically I look awful, mentally I'm a mess, time is just flying by in a haze and I'm not living my best life.

Day 2 coming to a close, feel rotten but sober.
RAL - I totally get where you are coming from.. So many good intentions and then a hiccup, then good intentions and another hiccup and the cycle goes on.. I feel like a fake coming on here to post as I want to give up but don't know if I can, so I don't post and then keep on drinking..
Old 11-04-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

RAL good to see you, I really relate to pretty much all of your post. Don't be embarrassed, we are all in it together. It's got to be better to keep trying than not, right?

I'm finishing up Day 2 as well. So glad to see you back. This time feels good to me and I believe it can be your time, too.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Red, RAL, and CFG.

Tap, my advice is find something to live for...it doesn't have to be something big but it needs to be enduring

D
Old 11-04-2019, 08:08 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

RAL coming back is a really important thing. We will beat this!
Old 11-04-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Red... RAL .... We must keep fighting . Morning all . Woke up feeling fresh . Busy day ahead . I will not drink or smoke today .
Old 11-04-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Crazy thoughts!

My husband went to an Alanon meeting today. He showed me the pamphlet that told them what they should or shouldn't do for the alcoholic in their life. They aren't supposed to focus on the alcoholic by looking for their hidden bottles, dumping any found alcohol, asking about their alcohol, etc. They aren't supposed to nag the person or start anything when the person has been drinking, etc.

I found myself thinking that this would be ideal. I could drink without any worry or fighting. My AV was right into this!

Thank goodness I'm in my IOP as that was a very tempting thought. But, I am not going to drink anymore!!!!
Old 11-04-2019, 11:18 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Morning all and welcome joiners and rejoiners.

Just had an absolute panic. Glanced at my FitBit and it said my next (cancelled) notification is an alarm at 6:30am Wednesday. Spent a few minutes thinking I had missed Tuesday. THEN realised it only said that as it was after 6:30am Tuesday so it didn’t need to tel me about that one.

Had a shock yesterday - was advised by my GP that the ever so slight tremors and numbness in my hands is caused by peripheral neuropathy (bought on by alcohol abuse and not getting treated quickly enough for DKA) and that in most cases it does not get better, ever. In addition I have ever such a slight, and it is slight, unsteadiness. Not so I’m staggering but I live in a first floor flat and I now have to pause at the top before starting down and even then have to go carefully.

As mentioned before, this has all come on a month or so after I stopped drinking.

Sorry for such a self pitying post. I PROMISE I will get better at supporting others xx
Old 11-04-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're one of the cases where it gets better StartAnew - you're definitely on the right road not drinking anymore

D
Old 11-04-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you're one of the cases where it gets better StartAnew - you're definitely on the right road not drinking anymore

D
Thank you Dee.
A month or so ago it would have put me back on the sauce. This time it’s made me go through my cupboards and freezer to check what food I have in to make sure I eat healthily.
I’ve also planned out some walks. I didn’t ask my GP about this and refuse to Google ‘diagnose’ but I’m sure that can only be beneficial too.
51.5 years of age and finally thinking about a healthy lifestyle 😂
Old 11-04-2019, 11:35 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

a little exercise certainly can't hurt

D
Old 11-04-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
a little exercise certainly can't hurt

D
Very true.
Got quite a bit of exercise inside yesterday. Was sorting out paperwork and finances (in a real state as money gone on booze and not bills but the people I telephoned were lovely) and got the urge to rearrange my living room (based on some energy saving tips the lady at the electricity/gas company gave me).
Reminded me of the first time I joined SR - most people cringe at the Katy Perry/Nazi shark performance at the Super Bowl, for me it will be the night I found this site. I had about 6 weeks then and filled it with (badly done) DIY projects.
I think going forward (I nearly said ‘this time’ but that makes it sound like there would be more ‘restarts’) it’ll be badly done cooking 😂
Old 11-04-2019, 11:56 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Morning all
Thanks for the warm welcome back. Welcome back to you too Red

Sorry you're having health problems Startanew but surely stopping drinking can only lead to improvements. The body has a remarkable way of healing itself.

Day 3, little sleep. Feel groggy but that's normal for this stage I know. Hope everyone has a good day.