Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-02-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Good morning
Good morning.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Taplow... that rain that drips on your head is the worst kind.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Joining up for a Sober November
Old 11-02-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome Harriet!
Old 11-02-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning guys...crisp fall day here. Im going to spend the day doing some cleaning, make time to get outside, and...prepare for my interview Monday! Yup, I finally got one. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome, Harriet11!
Old 11-02-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Morning all. I set an alarm for 9 am never thinking I'd sleep that late. But I did. I must have needed it. I still feel like I could go for another nap even now but I've got a call scheduled with my divorce lawyer in 20 minutes so I'm going to make some coffee and try to get it together. Despite my sort of perpetual sleepiness that I have going on (this has always been a feature of early sobriety for me), I feel reasonably fresh and rested. I only had two beers yesterday and stopped drinking at like 4:30 pm, so I was sober when I went to bed. Now the trick is to make the same true tonight. Still thinking about whether to join the BF and his friend tonight or stay home. I'll figure it out later after I talk to him about what they are doing.

Congrats on the interview Linners! I am sure you will do great.

Welcome Harriet

Hi to everyone and sorry that I can't address you all individually right now, but I will post more later. xo
Old 11-02-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
Hello to all, Today is my first day sober in a very, very long time. It seems like I can get thru a couple of months then slip back. I know that I can not control my drinking. I just had to bury my mother 10 days ago. She was in a care facility before she passed. I would even take a drink in there with me to visit her. Pathetic....I told myself that November 1 was my day. This is No-No November. No more alcohol, no more excuses. I want to be sober. Glad to be here with you all.
Welcome dear travelbug. s
So very sorry about your mum....may she rest in peace. s
Sending huge hugs for you. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Proafishin View Post
I'm new here, today. Feeling hopeless and not worthy. I want help and don't know how to stop even though every morning I tell myself, don't use drugs, I end up making the wrong choice.HELP
Exactly how I felt when I joined SR. s

You are worthy and you are not hopeless at all ~ in fact you are a brave person who has just reached out for help. That's huge.

So glad you joined the group. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
I was in the October class, but I wouldn't give myself a passing grade. I had a couple day ones in there. I would love to join you all in the November class and try again.

I have voluntarily signed up for an Intensive Outpatient Treatment program which started this past Monday. This is the first time I have tried any kind of program at all. Before now, I just relied on willpower which did not work for me. This program is a one year commitment. I want to put 100% into this program and never drink again. I'm also excited to see who the real me turns out to be.

Welcome everyone!
I am so proud of you and SO happy for you!

....the courage to change.....

You have that in spades.
Sending love and hugs. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
Good morning, Class of November! I'm up early today, enjoying the morning of day 3. Don't have much planned for today, just a birthday party for my nephew - and then I'll spend the rest of the day writing.

Coder - you were the first one here. How are you today, on day 2?

Faith823 - it's day 8 for you! Doing good?

time2LLL60 - keep posting! We're here!

taplow - day 14! Great job!

Citrus - double dipping is always OK!

CityLite - welcome!

Linners820 - good to see you!

Strawberry18 - so glad that you are here. Hope that your Dr. can explain the lab results and give you some peace of mind.

soberbythesea - I hope that you can find a way to spend time with your BF and his friend without alcohol.

travelbug - glad you are here! I'm so sorry for your loss.

proafishin - so glad that you found us! Stay close, keep posting. We're here for you!

MagnumCat - welcome! I LOVE the way you talk about what you are going through, finding the real you!

Hope I didn't forget anyone. This is a great class!
Boom! How awesome is this????
So much love dear FL. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
Woke up at 4:30 am. Slept ok with the help of Ambien and melatonin. I am still a little groggey. However, I am not hung order from 10beers and a bottle of red wine! Yippee. I have a bust day so going to get with it. It is suppose to be a nice, sunny day here in the midwest, heart of America. I have a great positive attitude. Looking forward to a happy, sober Saturday. Peace out my friends. Stay sober
I just noticed where you live.
My best friend in Aus is from your city.

Going to be beautiful and sunny here too.
Hope you have a good day. xx
Old 11-02-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by harriet11 View Post
Joining up for a Sober November
Wonderful to see you again dear Harriet.

And hello Coder.
Glad you are doing well, and glad you are here.

❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Good morning guys...crisp fall day here. Im going to spend the day doing some cleaning, make time to get outside, and...prepare for my interview Monday! Yup, I finally got one. Hope you all have a great day.
Oh......fantastic dear linners!!!!
Not surprised though....I knew you would get one if you persisted.

Enjoy the beautiful day....working inside and outside with you. I have TONS to do. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Morning all. I set an alarm for 9 am never thinking I'd sleep that late. But I did. I must have needed it. I still feel like I could go for another nap even now but I've got a call scheduled with my divorce lawyer in 20 minutes so I'm going to make some coffee and try to get it together. Despite my sort of perpetual sleepiness that I have going on (this has always been a feature of early sobriety for me), I feel reasonably fresh and rested. I only had two beers yesterday and stopped drinking at like 4:30 pm, so I was sober when I went to bed. Now the trick is to make the same true tonight. Still thinking about whether to join the BF and his friend tonight or stay home. I'll figure it out later after I talk to him about what they are doing.

Congrats on the interview Linners! I am sure you will do great.

Welcome Harriet

Hi to everyone and sorry that I can't address you all individually right now, but I will post more later. xo
Have you decided yet love? s

Hope you are having a good day. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus

I'm not sure yet. Still haven't heard from him about plans. I know his friend was getting in at 6 am (he flew cross country) so I'm going to let them catch up and settle in. He can reach out to me when he's ready.

My general thought is if they're just going to dinner or doing something low key in his neighborhood, I'll probably join. I can handle it if it's just the two of them, even if they have a couple drinks. If a bunch of other people are involved and they're planning a night of more serious drinking out at bars, I'm going to tell him I think that's a bad idea for me right now. I think he would understand. I would feel somewhat bad about it, as I really do like this friend of his and was looking forward to catching up with him, but I have to start respecting my own limits more often if this is going to work.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I think that's a really good plan, and I think your BF will understand for sure.

And maybe if they don't stay out all night you could meet up for breakfast tomorrow. That's what I do....well did in Melbourne Aus. I lived at the beach and we had cafes and restaurants galore around the corner, so if anyone was in town and wanted to catch up I would suggest breakfast. Because hardly anyone drinks at breakfast, thank God.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hello all

Hope you don’t mind me joining in with you. I came back to SR last month but then was hospitalised so I actually feel more of a November-ite.

The best advice I can give is even if you have no appetite, eat something. Even if you develop an upset stomach, eat something. And with what you do eat, make sure it includes carbs and protein.

Plus if you feel ill in the next few weeks see the doctor just to be safe.

Please don’t think I reckon I know it all, I am a DEFINITE novice but just had a scare recently.

A couple of weeks after my last drink I developed a neurological problem (caused by my mind catching on it wasn’t getting its booze!) showing as numbed fingers, thick head, blurred vision and dizziness. I was admitted to hospital and put on a drip for a few days. While In Hospital I developed DKA - usually more risky for T1 diabetics but also heavy drinkers are at risk. If untreated this could have resulted in a coma or death.

The biggest scare for me was as I live on my own this develops so quickly I may not have got the medical help in time (I’ve always been one that puts off getting medical attention as long as possible).

So, as I say, I’m no expert but please just be mindful that your body may object in the next few weeks but far better to see a doctor and nothings wrong than to not see a doctor and it’s too late.

One bonus is that now I’m home I’ve been instructed to rest for a few days so a chance to binge watch The Walking Dead 🧟*♀️
Old 11-02-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi startanew... yikes, that sounds scary. I'm glad you're home and ok, enjoy your rest.

Just texted with the bf and I told him I'll come up for dinner with him and his friend, then we can see what is going on. I said if lots of crazy drinking looked like it was going to be involved, I'd split off at that point and let them do their thing. He said he doubts it.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

More love StartANew s ❤️

I didn't say this earlier in the 24-hr thread, but I went through the same thing, also living on my own, and did nothing. I could have died. How stupid.

Your message today is mega-important.....a lot of people will hear you.
We must must must go to our doctors when we get sober and get check ups.....and I am just so incredibly glad you got through that and are home and safe. And as I said earlier....I missed you. ❤️