Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-02-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbythesea View Post
Hi startanew... yikes, that sounds scary. I'm glad you're home and ok, enjoy your rest.

Just texted with the bf and I told him I'll come up for dinner with him and his friend, then we can see what is going on. I said if lots of crazy drinking looked like it was going to be involved, I'd split off at that point and let them do their thing. He said he doubts it.
He doubts that they will be going off to pubs and such?
Hoping that's what you meant.
Just stay safe....and remember we are RIGHT here with you all the way. ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
He doubts that they will be going off to pubs and such?
Hoping that's what you meant.
Just stay safe....and remember we are RIGHT here with you all the way. ❤️
Yes, he said he doesn't think there will be crazy drinking. They have no actual plan right now but I'll feel it out as we go. As long as it's just us hanging out I'm sure I can manage not to drink. If they meet up with a bunch of other guys and start going to bars, then I'll go home.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sounds good to me love. s xx
Old 11-02-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

So good to see so many here.

I can see I am repeating the same mistake. I went for three months sober awhile back, expecting not only to feel better and gain control over myself, but to lose weight without the alcohol. But what I did in those three months is transferred my addiction to food, heavily buttered popcorn to keep my hands busy, sugar, carbs, and not only did I not lose weight, my cholesterol hit an old time high on my labs back then.

Last night, I dove in to the left over halloween candy, boxed junk food, two bowls of ice cream, and I made myself so sick. I woke up in the middle of the night wanting to throw up, I still feel sick today. Dumb, foolish...

Starting now, anything that goes in to my body has to be healthy. I was killing myself with booze, then I moved over to killing myself with junk food.

I would like to reply more to all the posts here, but like a true addict who hurt themself, I am feeling so crappy right now I am only thinking of myself.

I can see why I bounced back and forth to booze, trying to pick the least damaging, I think at times I felt less worse hungover than I do food hungover. Truly a problem here I need to gain control over.

I don't think I have ever made myself this sick on food before.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by time2LLL60 View Post

I can see I am repeating the same mistake. I went for three months sober awhile back, expecting not only to feel better and gain control over myself, but to lose weight without the alcohol. But what I did in those three months is transferred my addiction to food, heavily buttered popcorn to keep my hands busy, sugar, carbs, and not only did I not lose weight, my cholesterol hit an old time high on my labs back then.

Last night, I dove in to the left over halloween candy, boxed junk food, two bowls of ice cream, and I made myself so sick. I woke up in the middle of the night wanting to throw up, I still feel sick today. Dumb, foolish...

Starting now, anything that goes in to my body has to be healthy. I was killing myself with booze, then I moved over to killing myself with junk food.

I would like to reply more to all the posts here, but like a true addict who hurt themself, I am feeling so crappy right now I am only thinking of myself.

I can see why I bounced back and forth to booze, trying to pick the least damaging, I think at times I felt less worse hungover than I do food hungover. Truly a problem here I need to gain control over.

Sorry you're feeling so yucky. You're def not the first person to switch to overeating or to binge on Halloween candy. I have a problem with this as well. When you feel up to eating again have some simple, bland foods to start. Reply to the posts when you're feeling better, we'll be here
Old 11-02-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My brain is mush at the moment, but I am reading all of your posts. Thank you all for sharing your journeys. ❤
Old 11-02-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

time2LLL60 - don’t worry about not replying to posts. The forum is here to be used however you need it at any particular time. If at this time your need is to just read, then do exactly that. X
Old 11-02-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by time2LLL60 View Post

I have been there....and one thing I know is when it takes you there you make a choice.....NO MORE. Done. The decision freed me from many years of food binging. s

You can do this love! ❤️
Old 11-02-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I just wanted to pop in and say welcome if you're new. 1 year ago I started this journey in the November 2018 class. Each of you are awesome and I'm glad you're here! You got this. If there are ever any doubts, it gets better.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Goodnight class, hope you all had a great day!
Old 11-02-2019, 09:46 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I had a good day today!

My husband was away for 4 hours. I bought some groceries, came home and made some cookies and prepared a nice dinner. Normally I would have stopped at the liquor store as well and drank while cooking since my husband was away. Then I would pass out on the couch for the rest of the day. Today when my husband came home, I could tell he was watching me to see if I had been drinking. He finally asked me if I missed drinking and I surprised us both by saying no.

I know it's very early in my recovery, but so far so good! I think that every time I can successfully by pass the liquor store, is a step in the right direction. It's all about changing habits for me.

I'm glad everyone had a good day as well. Off to bed for me.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Still suffering with insomnia 4:55am and no sleep! Ah well, no plans for today.

so much positivity in this group x
Old 11-03-2019, 01:14 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning, class! And what a wonderful morning it is! I just love the feeling of waking up refreshed, not constantly wondering what happened last night.

Today my GF and I are having my parents over for dinner, and I'm preparing moose roast for the first time in my life. Gotta do some cleaning as well, the kids are coming tonight. (OK, some background story: Last summer I left my husband of 18 years for a woman (crazy, I know), and she turned out to be the love of my life. She left her husband as well, and we now live together. Between us we have four kids, and two of them live with us every other week. My ex husband lives just a few yards away and we have managed to stay good friends.)

I've never felt this happy in my life, and that is why I have decided to stop drinking all together. I want to get the most out of my new, wonderful life with her, my person. <3
Old 11-03-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. I did lots of driving in rain yesterday which left me wanting to 'relax' with a drink, but didn't. So I fell good about that.

I'm more worried about my brother at the moment, who had severe pancreatitis earlier this year, but is now back to carrying around a water bottle filled with vodka.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 7 here . Just got back from church ! Still haven't been to the doctors . Still feeling very concerned . My husband looked at my results ( he has no idea of my past drinking ) he said it's better to have lower liver results than night ones . But mine areoff the chart low .
Any way I just Pray I'm ok and can never pick up again .
Old 11-03-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Only your doctor has the expertise and training to correctly interpret the results strawberry - stop torturing yourself and make an appointment

D
Old 11-03-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Count me in!
DAY 1
Old 11-03-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clarkkent11 View Post
Count me in!
DAY 1
Welcome x
Old 11-03-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning.
More later, off to make breakfast for my hungry guys.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coder View Post
Day 3 for me. I did lots of driving in rain yesterday which left me wanting to 'relax' with a drink, but didn't. So I fell good about that.

I'm more worried about my brother at the moment, who had severe pancreatitis earlier this year, but is now back to carrying around a water bottle filled with vodka.
Oh wow, how crazy is that.
I would voice my worries.....you probably have already. s