Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-10-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Red hopefully your waking up to day 2!!
Thanks for the welcome today will be day 1. This is going to be a very long day but this isn’t my first time.. good thing I know with some effort it can be done. November and December is usually a stressful month for me so I figured fighting for sobriety is better then suffering while drinking.
Hopefully y’all have a lovely day
With you every step honey. ❤️
Old 11-10-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Good morning. Day 2 here. Blaaa. could of been over 2 weeks now. It's disheartening starting back at the beginning yet again. I have a back ache from sitting around all day yesterday nursing a hangover.

I like your quote Dee. "We rise by lifting others!" I'm going to try and commit that to memory. Practice it more. I think we also rise by lifting ourselves as well. I get so hard on myself after I fail. Takes me days to dust off.

Too much alcohol makes me do and say foolish things. Im not alone in this, it's the nature of the drug. If i could just remember that come Friday.

I'm going to check in here daily and do better. Thank you guys for being here.

Quote from the book im reading. "The Rhythm of Life" by Matthew Kelly
The people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. They either help us to become the-best-versions-of-ourselves or encourage us to become lesser versions of ourselves. We become like our friends. No man becomes great on his own. No woman becomes great on her own. the people around them help to make them great.
We all need people in our lives who raise our standards, remind us of our essential purpose, and challenge us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves.
Love the quote Meshelley. s
I try very hard to live my life this way.

Your back might also be a little sore around your kidneys....just in case it is still sore today.....just a thought. s

Yes, you could have had 2 weeks instead of 2 days, or you could be stuck in the place where you no longer want to stop.

That scares me more than anything.

Really glad you are here with us. ❤️
Old 11-10-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Have a great time at brunch and the movie dear SBTS. ❤️
Old 11-10-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
Good morning, class!

Day 11, double digits. I'm going to stop counting days now, I'd rather just take one day at a time and make the best of it. To be honest, counting calories has also been problematic for me, so I'd rather not count at all.
I agree with not counting days. I have an app on my phone that will keep track for me in case I ever need to know (ie. tell a doctor). Otherwise, I don't think the number is going to make or break my sobriety.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
I agree with not counting days. I have an app on my phone that will keep track for me in case I ever need to know (ie. tell a doctor). Otherwise, I don't think the number is going to make or break my sobriety.
It helps lots of people to set targets and can be motivating. But for me too, it isn't something I want to do. In fact, I get quite obsessive about things so it's probably a bad idea for me to be counting days.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Checking in a little late. I was up at 4:30 am and at the gym by 6 am. I got in a nice workout and then stopped by the store for some cooking items.
I now have a large pot of chili cooking. A serious trigger for me is hunger. I want to make sure that I have something handy in the event I get a strong craving.

Venuscat, Your garden looks very inviting.
FallingLeaves, Great job on double digits and enjoy Father's Day.

Glad to see everyone here and I will be checking in all day.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Good morning. Love sober Sunday mornings!
Lots of post for me to catch up on.
Just got done having brunch with my family, so maybe I have a little time to read peacefully.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

These withdrawals suck!!! I just need to remember all the bad before I ever decide it’s smart to drink again and hopefully that’s never. It’s easy when you get some time sober and everything gets better and you make that split decision you can control it ugh never works for me. Only thing I’m focused on is going to bed sober tonight one minute at a time.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

You got this love. s

If your AV pipes up, tell it that it is a TERRIBLE decision maker.....nothing it wants is in your best interests.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I drank, guys.

Never made it to the end of day 31.

Technically drank into this morning, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for another day 1.

I thought about posting here, but consciously decided not to because I wanted to drink that badly and knew that posting here would be effective.

I'm not overly upset about it, because I'm still proud about that 30 days. But I do worry about how long I'll last going forward. I also had that classic addict thought of "I might as well binge since I've already broken the seal", which is an uncomfortable place to be in since it makes my sobriety feel less "grounded" if you will. Hopefully that will shake once I have a few days under my belt.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think it's good to know what does and doesn't work for us: that would be a huge no-no for me as well. Maybe you can plan a special night just for you on the night of the reunion? A movie your husband refuse to watch and a fabulous dinner? Maybe? ❤️
Thank you. we chatted about it today and he understands my position. He said he was only thinking of it as he'd had a few drinks himself last night. In the cold light of day he is happy not to meet up as is introverted as me! We are going on a family day out instead

Welcome Kate & Welcome back Joe

Oh I'm a day counter though totally understand others not doing. For me, it just signifies getting further and further away from my last drink.

Very energetic Anotherexcuse-good on you

SBTS -hope you have a great day.

Nichole-just think how great you'll feel soon when you've got through this and you need never have to do it again

Day 8 coming to a close. Got through the weekend thanks to all of you on here. How wonderful to be going into a new week, fresh and strong.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

So I'm on day 2, yesterday was a hungover in bed day, all day, so today is the real challenge for me.
I don't suffer withdrawls just cravings so that's a bonus for me, I don't know how this hasnt happened but I'm grateful for it..

My kidneys are hurting a bit today, not surprised though..

Nichole - you can do this, hoping to see ya on day 2..
Old 11-10-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

BTW Suze, more than happy to give any plant advice. What sort of climate do you live in-temp/humidity/rainfall etc and what sort of plants are you looking for. I may not have the answers but will definitely know someone who will
Old 11-10-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Joe

30 days is great but the benefits of long term sobriety are so much better. What made you cave in?

D
Old 11-10-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Love the quote Meshelley. s
I try very hard to live my life this way.

Your back might also be a little sore around your kidneys....just in case it is still sore today.....just a thought. s

Yes, you could have had 2 weeks instead of 2 days, or you could be stuck in the place where you no longer want to stop.

That scares me more than anything.

Really glad you are here with us. ❤️
It was definitely a sitting around on my butt all day back ache.

I made it to the gym this morning and managed 45 minutes on the elliptical. I felt much better after that. Then went to the laundry mat and browsed around Goodwill and found a couple books while my clothes were washing and then food shopping for the week while they dried. Got my car washed and made lunch for the family.

My husbands watching the game and drinking beers. I'm not the least bit jealous. It's just not fun like it use to be, if it really ever was!? I don't like being dumbed down. When your sober and you look at other people drunk it's sad. I don't want to be that sad person. I love waking up motivated and ready for the day. Focused and full of energy.

I need to make better choices come Friday. I need to put my sobriety before my husbands feelings. I don't know if im saying that correct or if maybe it's me reflecting my own feelings. Maybe ive been using him as an excuse to drink. I don't know. He doesn't think i have a problem. But some times i think he says that because he doesn't want to lose his drinking buddy. Anyhow im going to stick close and keep reading and educate myself.

Thank you for reading. You guys are awesome. I appreciate your support. I really do want this.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Joe I’m sorry you drank, but glad you made it back.

Red, congrats on day 2.

Checking in from my phone this last day or so, which is why I can’t thank and it’s harder to shout out everyone - but I read all the posts and am always thinking of you all. I’m continuing to have a relaxing Sunday, bf is reading now and then I think we’re going to order pizza and watch another movie (we like movies.) I just like to touch base in the little down times, and not get too far behind on posts

Looking forward to closing out day 8 and waking up to day 9 tomorrow. Have a nice night all.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:37 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

end of day 3

Nearing the end of day 3. Sober Sunday. We went to friends house to watch football, they all drank. But unlike me, they can have a few and stop. I did not drink. If I would have I would still be drinking. It was nothing for me to drink for 8-10 hours, mostly beers.....I am proud that I did not cave in. Feeling great. Looking forward to many more sober days. Stay strong my friends.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day six is almost over. It is also my first sober weekend in I do not know how long. Thank you to everyone for your posts. This seems like an active thread and a motivated class. Being here really helps to keep focused.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:08 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I am tired tonight....trying to fit things into a shorter amount of daylight than I am used to....but I am thinking about your post dear Meshelley.....your husband's feelings.....which ones love....that he doesn't think you have a problem? OK. What do you think....and why.....are you like me and the drinking buddy idea was never possible?

I just want to hear how everyone is feeling. s

One thing my dear friend and sponsor said to me over and over: if nothing changes, nothing changes.

I decided to look at this from a very positive point of view.....all I have to do is change one thing. Just one thing to shift my perspective and see a different way. s
Old 11-10-2019, 05:54 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I went to the grocery store a bit ago and it was during my witching hour. Stupid AV said to pick up some beer. I am very happy to report that I easily thought no way, I don't even want any. Then took a moment to practice for next time and thought of all the things I could say to myself or do to prevent me from saying effit and buying beer. By the time to got to the store I was pretty satisfied with myself and how I will handle and AV attack when it happens in the future. Feeling cautious but stronger than I have in a while I suppose.
All of you in your early days of sobriety remember that the cravings do lessen and last a shorter and shorter time the longer we are sober.
We've got this. Next year this time we will all be so very thankful for a year sober.