Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 1

Old 11-15-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
I just finished my third week of my IOP. Nine more to go. I'm still enjoying it and getting a lot out of it.

Was a little ticked at my husband yesterday. I went to get groceries and my husband sent me a text asking me to pick something up for him. I didn't hear my phone, but I always check for texts before I hit the cash register. I texted back then and finished my shopping. When I got home he was in a frenzy, asking me where the heck I've been. I'm standing there with grocery bags and I was only gone just over an hour. Apparently, I didn't answer his text fast enough, so he phoned. Seven times!!! I never hear my phone in the store. So therefore, he immediately thinks that I'm sitting the parking lot drinking.

Obviously he still doesn't trust me! I get that it will take time, but I'm in my program and they test us every week so he should know that I'm not drinking. I had my meeting an hour after that and we were tested again and I passed. I told him and expected an apology, but I didn't get one until today and I had to basically ask for it.

Did I have a right to feel hurt about this? Probably not, but I did.
That would have driven me nuts as well, but I think I would look at it differently.....maybe he was worried. He loves you, loves that you are on this path and he just got worried something had happened to you....plus you were driving.....so then his head went completely off....he loves you. So he may not have felt the need to say sorry for being worried. Maybe?

And awesome re your IOP program.

And more love darling LuLu. s ❤️
Old 11-15-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Checking in on day 7.

It's Friday so I've already made plans to protect my sobriety tonight. Friday or Saturday are usually one of the days i'll think a couple wont hurt. I call bull crap! Not this time AV.

I'm going to make future Meshelly proud of past Meshelly's choices!

I will not drink today no matter what!!!
Old 11-15-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

And love and hello dear SBTS and FL.....must go wake up my husband. s ❤️
Old 11-15-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Awesome Meshelly!!! s ❤️
Old 11-15-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Having a difficult time waking up in the morning. No energy. Day 4 again....
Old 11-15-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Cravings hit hard today. Walking round everyone seems to be in bars or restaurants. Just normal 1 beer or a glass of wine. I know I'm not a normal drinker. I keep telling myself I can drink or have the life I want but not both.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Ready - I know exactly how you feel. But, it's just not fun anymore. It's quite tiring.

I have zero energy today. Going to make myself take a walk no matter how cold it is outside or how weak I feel.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks lulu. It's rubbish isn't it 😥
Old 11-15-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Good morning all, day 10 for me- I feel less anxious and like I should be able to handle what the world throws out to me, which is calming, because when I was sober while actively drinking, I would just ruminate over whatever worry was current to the point that I’d want to drink again just to calm my nerves and then get nothing done.

This thread is so active, it’s hard to keep up with it but happy to see the support for everyone and to be a part of it!

Lulu, I’m really sorry for your loss. Without overspeculating, your brother may also being going through his own rough patch and the cancelation is not a reflection of his feelings/issues with you. You will get through this! Please keep posting!

joy- I’m heading to San Diego next week and I cannot wait- despite being in work 12hrs each day, I’m looking forward to some SoCal sunshine ☺️

Citrus, I had a glimpse into my future the other night when my almost 4yo told me that she didn’t need me to help her and I need to let her do everything on her own- I’m delighted to read that your kids still make time to hang out with you!

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 11-15-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Thank you for your comments. I think I get it!

My husband does trust me for the most part. He just let his fear and worry get to him. I will tell him that I understand and forgive him for jumping to conclusions.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I think you have a great attitude magnum. Sometimes we just have to let stuff go. It will get better in time.

Had a lovely day sightseeing. Just going out for food now then early night. Seems quieter around here but I know that's normal for the weekend. Wishing you all a happy and sober weekend
Old 11-15-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meshelly View Post
Good morning.
Checking in on day 7.

It's Friday so I've already made plans to protect my sobriety tonight. Friday or Saturday are usually one of the days i'll think a couple wont hurt. I call bull crap! Not this time AV.

I'm going to make future Meshelly proud of past Meshelly's choices!

I will not drink today no matter what!!!
My AV is like a siren trying to lure me towards disaster! I am really struggling now...
Old 11-15-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Auchieshuggle you can get through this!

RAL yes we can drink or have the life we want but not both. We can go out and drink all we want right now. No one is stopping us. We are just choosing not to.

On my lunch break at work, late lunch. Somehow not that hungry today. No real plans tonight, I could go to a movie, but I think I need to hang out with my cat. I’ve been with my bf both of the last two nights and she is probably feeling neglected. Also Friday and Saturday nights are the only two times I don’t really like going to the movies alone, it feels too weird when everyone else is with someone. I’ll see the bf again tomorrow, but we are taking the night off tonight. I’ll watch something at home maybe and stay close to SR. See you all later. Day 13.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Day 11 and things are smoother. Days 8 and 9 were really rough.

Misty, congrats on double digits. You are right, this thread is very active.
Lulu, I am very sorry to hear that your mom passed.
RAL, I have been trying to prepare for cravings. They seem to come out of nowhere.
Auchie, stay close to here and try to find a distraction to take your mind away from your AV.

I have a free weekend so I won't be too far from here.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Good job on fighting the cravings, Jimi! You're doing great.
Thank you my friend! We now have the Rolling Stones and The Who avatars in the Nov. class

AV hit me harder today as the weekend is here. This within my control and I need to make the right choices for the right reasons. We'll all be happy tomorrow morning when we wake up with another successful sober day
Old 11-15-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Another early night. Even my ten year old wants to stay up later than me 😱😂 goodnight all. Happy safe and sober dreams
Old 11-15-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D