Notices

The Big Switcheroo Weekender 20-25 June 2018

Old 06-22-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Australia were unlucky in the draw, that is a tough group they are in.

This is the venue where my friends are watching the foofball and drinking, it's called Broadgate. I stayed a bit longer than I intended to as I have not seen them since they came back from Le Mans. Apart from the booze I think it is fairly civilised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180622_200401.jpg (65.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 06-22-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I meant to say that I do the same thing Sao...I haven't been to the football since I got sober. I mean, I can't now anyway cos it's a tad too far but I missed a lot of great matches and social events with friends....but it was always so so much beer...just sitting next to people at the game with open cups is upsetting to me....I don't want to smell it all around me.

So I understand your need to go home....love you.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Happy weekend all! I'm on-board for a sober weekend!
Old 06-22-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Whelp. My refrigerator died.

This was not on my plan for the day.

Hm. I guess that would not be on anyones' plan.

RIP fatihful servant.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Welcome back, CODPlayer!

That’s a shame, Bim. Are you able to get a new fridge today, or will you have to sacrifice some food?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
The venue looks really nice, Sao.

I would love to go to a football match to watch it live at the stadium. At this point alcohol smell annoys but not triggers me.

Sorry about the fridge Bim, I lived for about 3 months last summer without a fridge when I moved to my new apartment and it was...inconvenient.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

MB, I remember well the great trauma you suffered last year without the fridge.

You know, I bet if somebody dropped you out of a plane in the middle of the wilderness, you could make it!
Old 06-22-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

So ...you are not into football and you don't know who to cheer for or more importantly look for...I have the link for you! Enjoy ladies and perhaps some gentlemen. https://www.buzzfeed.com/morganmurre...Mvr#.rkl9Y3QMV
Old 06-22-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Snuf- imo- no one has the right to share your stuff without your say so. Boundaries. And no- you have not shared your stuff with halfthe internet, far from it. SR is a mediated site- with a very specific focus.

Let me explain the rules of soccer to you. Firstly is the image- the beard, or haircut and of course manly-man tatts - the hair has to be juuuust- so. Soccer players are usually owned by very rich people and get pocket money by sharing their private lives with the magazines you see at supermarket counters. Their girlfriends all just stepped off the cat walk from a miss Perfect comp. They spend half their bo's soccer money on clothes and competing in their own blood sport- looking better than all the other g-f's.
A very successful soccer player has to talk intimately about their depression (being a positive role model- not about the money) and/or addiction problems...this gives them a human side.
There is yet not a soccer player married into Royalty- because they get enough of those from their sponsors - like lunchboxes and pencils. Very good soccer players also have a bio written about them in record time after being a soccer player for at least one season. Apparently here is something about a ball, manhugs and falling over very dramatically on grass and shouting out 'ref! ref!' , while clutching one's knee.

Leigh- I apologise about the dynamite inference. I see how wrong I was, and you posting stuff about warplanes made me see the error of my ways. I can see you are into commercial fishing. I assume the missiles are not nuclear tipped?
Old 06-22-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Oh man, I am sorry to hear about your frig, Bim. I hope that you didn’t lose too much food. Hope the replacement serves you well, Bim

No worries, PJ. It all went over my head anyway

MidnightBlue, I cannot imagine being without a refrigerator for three months. You are a survivor.

Welcome CODplayer
Old 06-22-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the fridge Bim.

Snuf - I think it is hard for our loved ones - theyre often on the outside looking in, wondering what the hell is going on....and they often really don't have anyone to talk to - I'm not saying he was right to do so without asking you first, but I kinda understand the motivation.

I know - arguments - but tell him you're not happy about it?

D
Old 06-22-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Administrator

If anyone's reading and wants help, don't mind the many and varied conversations - just push in and ask.

We're here to help

D
Old 06-22-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

PJ - OMG I loved your rules of soccer, now it finally makes sense! I better start watching now.

Thanks Dee, I get that it must be terribly difficult for him dealing with my BS for so many years and all he wanted was somebody to talk to, but it made me feel really bad, I don’t know - kinda exposed. I tried to explain, but it turned into another argument, he missed my point and said that I’m unstable and he can’t tell me anything. I still wonder if it’s not better for both of us to break up. I can’t do it tho - he’s in tears every time I bring it up, and I would have to leave Leon the cat, too... Sometimes I feel so much anger I treat my bf like **** and pray that he’s gonna be the one to end our relationship, but it never happens. It’s wrong, evil and messed up...

I’m going to bed now, I’m knackered after my closing shift and I’m working tomorrow morning. I’m feeling a bit weird - I can’t stand being alone with my thoughts. I’d do anything for a distraction so I picked up as many shifts as possible for next week. I think I’m gonna do like 50 hours... I wish I could just stay at work 24/7...

Goodnight everyone! I’m sorry I didn’t manage to catch up with you all! Thank you for letting me vent.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bimini, I have a fridge in storage. Come get it.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

we won't let you out of the south again
Old 06-22-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 06-22-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

hang in there ((Snuf)) - hope things look a bit better after a night's sleep
Old 06-22-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

Snuf I'm sure that the problems you have in the relationship aren't all one sided, and I wasn't suggesting that for a minute.

I got angry at friends of mine for blowing my cover too, even tho I'd been pretty public about it, they went a step beyond that to peoples parents too.

In the end I had to let it go - I tried to rationalise that that wasn't me anymore than was the old me.

Those friends parents have never bought it up in the last 10 years

D
Old 06-22-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, now I'll write a novel. It's been a little bit of a scramble on the fridge. I put some of my frozen stuff in my neighbor's freezer. She has four homeless, jobless relatives living with her and I told her to go ahead and use what they wanted. Better than throwing it out, and there may still be some of it left when I get my new fridge.

This same neighbor told me about an appliance recycler, so I popped out there and picked up a new one for $175. They give it with a one year guarantee (probably only parts, but still not bad for a year.) It will be delivered Tuesday.

So I cooked up some frozen chicken and have been eating well today! I wonder if my homeowners insurance would cover any food replacement? I guess I'll call them on Monday. Even if they don't and even if my neighbor eats all my stored stuff...probably only out $100-125 in food. Not too bad. I have a cooler with ice for some stuff like butter, cheese, yogurt, milk. Not even sure I'll keep that going for four days at $5 for ice. Cheaper to just let it spoil/throw it out. Veggies though...They're gonna be hard to eat. I already ate a whole head of leaf lettuce today! I could get used to that.

Meh, $5 of vegetables and fresh fruit. First World Problems.

Midnight...three months? Yikes. I cook everything here. That would be hard.

Now you tell me, trach. Do you deliver?
Old 06-22-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
I thought you spoke about an intex metal frame pool a few weeks ago
Ahhh yes. That's my pool. It was pouring rain when i got home, so I didn't jump in. But my daugther did earlier today.