Notices

The Big Switcheroo Weekender 20-25 June 2018

Old 06-22-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday Dragon, I may have to make one of those 'dammed if I do and dammed if I don't' decisions at work. It would be fine if I could OK it with the boss but he is out himself and his phone is going straight to voicemail. I have about an hour and a half before I have to press the red button.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I’m sure you’ll make the wisest choice, and be well able to defend it, Sao. You’re eminently rational!
Old 06-22-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Morning, weekenders.

Coffee time for me and I can watch a replay of the yesterday's match I missed.

Badge - When my home country is not playing I root for the team with cutest players

Just start watching the game and decide along the way.
When I was a little girl, (6 - 10) I went to every home game of my football team with my dad...we lived really close to the ground and could walk..I loved doing that....but my team was crap and always lost. And dad would shell peanuts and shake his leg in frustration and forget I was there (for a few minutes) so I got annoyed and bored, and secretly started barracking for the other team...any other team we were playing. Kids are funny.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Sorry my what?
I thought you spoke about an intex metal frame pool a few weeks ago
Old 06-22-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
So yesterday morning, Mrs Dragon and I had a bit of a tiff. It ruined my day, my morning routine got messed up and I forgot all kinds of things. I was late to the office 'cause I had to turn around and come back for something I needed. So as a result, I was also late leaving the office. When I got home I realized I forgot to throw out some old food (garbage collection day is Thursdays). I also missed out on a great one day only sale, I was going to buy a preasure washer.

I was in an angry mood all day and all evening.

So last night I had this dream where I was trying my hardest to punch a guy in the nose. Had him pinned to floor and at my mercy, but every time I took a swing my arm would seize up on the way down. No matter how much I wanted to cause him pain, I just could not follow thru with the punch.

I'm sure this is a manifistation of my frusterating day yesterday.

Today is a new day, and I want to enjoy it. I'm in a better mood now, tho probably a bit fragaile so I'm gonna watch my step today and take things slowly and mindfully.

Have a great Friday weekenders!
Need a masterclass on overcoming frustration of punching someone in the nose, Dragon?
Old 06-22-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Watching Brazil vs Costa-Rica.

Lounging on the balcony.

Having coffee and sweet cherries.

Comfort is the enemy of the progress. I am getting too lazy.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
<snip>
I can tell by this thread that I should be watching soccer, which I never have,,, so since I am clueless in who is who, anyone special I should root for?? or boo unconditionally? Maybe just go by the color of the uniforms and call it good,,,

or perhaps remaining silent until the american football season starts,, that may be best actually

badge
I'm just reading along with no idea what's happening.

Venus,
barracking for the other team
- I don't know what this means...I can guess...even Google didn't help.

Regardless...

CRANK IT UP, Go BIG Screen. Fight the warrior's fight this weekend. There is no way these guys are drinking:

Old 06-22-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I guess barracking is British....

'Who do you barrack for'.....'who do you root for' here according to Nick.
I could not say that as an Aussie...it's rude in Australia.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Sober since October

The second part of Brazil vs Costa Rica was just hilarious.

My vacations are rolling to its ending. And how am I supposed to fit the World Cup in my work week?

It should be a holiday month already.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Watching Brazil vs Costa-Rica.

Comfort is the enemy of the progress. I am getting too lazy.
THIS IS HOW I FEEL EVERY DAY! Summer off sounds so awesome. I teach and look forward to it every year. I cannot travel because my husband does not have summers off, so I have difficulty feeling productive. I am enjoying the World Cup and feeling guilty about watching it at the same time!!!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Dragon,
Fights with the spouse are THE WORST! Nothing impacts my life more than when we are on bad terms. Consumes me, so I get it! Work it out and enjoy the weekend my friend. If your like me, it is impossible to enjoy anything until hubby and I are back on course.

Match two Nigeria vs Iceland. I think I am an Iceland fan after seeing their first match. They are the "smallest nation in the World Cup" so my root for the underdog tendency is pulling me to them.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I'm the same way! I am probably the only one not following the World Cup, but it's all about the eye candy!
Thank you Midnight I will use that as my base for cheering, I have noticed before how fit and in shape they all are,,,, sigh

badge
Old 06-22-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

I’m not really into this sport football-thingy, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about , but I enjoy watching people being so excited about it.

Right, quick check in and I’m off to work... I wasted another day by staying in bed staring at the ceiling til 2pm. I struggle with motivation to do anything and I try to avoid my BF because we argue all the time. If it wasn’t for my cat, I would never get out of bed.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Lizajane, I am watching Nigeria vs Iceland too.

Haven't decided who are cuter yet)

((Snuf))
Old 06-22-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
I’m not really into this sport football-thingy, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about , but I enjoy watching people being so excited about it.

Right, quick check in and I’m off to work... I wasted another day by staying in bed staring at the ceiling til 2pm. I struggle with motivation to do anything and I try to avoid my BF because we argue all the time. If it wasn’t for my cat, I would never get out of bed.

Hope you all have a great day!
But you are out of bed.

And tomorrow you can get up earlier.

And gosh I think we all fight with our partners sometimes yes?
Poor Nick has to deal with me....I am volatile and Australian....so he has to try and work out why I'm mad and what I'm saying......a bit like you and your guy when you got together yes? Polish and Scottish....that would be challenging.

LOVE YOU!!!!! xxxx ♥♥
Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
But you are out of bed.

And tomorrow you can get up earlier.

And gosh I think we all fight with our partners sometimes yes?
Poor Nick has to deal with me....I am volatile and Australian....so he has to try and work out why I'm mad and what I'm saying......a bit like you and your guy when you got together yes? Polish and Scottish....that would be challenging.

LOVE YOU!!!!! xxxx ♥♥
Well I’m actually not out of bed, but I had a shower so that’s something! I have to get dressed now and leave, but I can’t be bothered...all this hard work...

You’re right, it’s ups and downs in a relationship, I just feel bad for being so difficult. Ah those crazy Polish girls.

My BF went to Glasgow yesterday for his grandpa’s funeral. He’s very close to his mother and he confessed that he had an honest conversation with her about everything that is going on with me, so hospitals, drinking etc. I went mental. I was so angry with him. I know it’s family, but I feel like these are my very personal problems and I don’t wish to share them with anyone... except half of Internet of course.
No, seriously I wish he talked with me about this before, but he claims he doesn’t have a support system and has to talk about this stuff with somebody because it’s really hard on him - umm I thought that’s why he’s seeing a psychologist every week but OK. I’m just very emotional about all this... now I will never be able to see his mother ever again LOL
Old 06-22-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Yes, that's hard....

It's good if he is close to his mum....very good, but he needs to respect your boundaries. I think he will....we have to keep learning about others' needs....and I know he cares about you.

I need to move it here too....have to jump in the shower...people are coming here and I am not dressed....
Old 06-22-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Psssssh. I eventually got through to the boss and my problem was not a problem in less than two minutes so everthing is copacetic.

In Britain 'giving a barracking' to someone one is giving them a dressing down and barracking someone or a team during a sporting event is a critical or negative thing.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Oh gosh....and then of course there are barracks....

Really glad you are OK Sao....
Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I have this in my mind's eye...

Leigh standing in knee deep in a pond , recessed back from the fast flowing river. She is wearing waders, with a steely look in her eye- arm drawn back- ready to cast...
off the stick of dynamite.
Fish for tea.
. Thank you, PhoenixJ.

Pretty accurate except that it was the Intercoastal and I was on a small boat.

The pompano was delicious.