Notices

The Big Switcheroo Weekender 20-25 June 2018

Old 06-23-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh...to road trip with you and the dogs....how awesome...I could hold onto the one who is scared of bends and twists.
Reminds me of being on a boat once w/ friends & the dude brought his dog named Sabrina; she was a Rottweiler mix...big girl....whenever the boat sped up and started skipping the water she would walk over to me and lay her head in my lap
Old 06-23-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
06:50am meh meh meh

I couldn’t sleep all night, I know it sounds weird, but sometimes I’m too tired to sleep.

Today I’m feeling stuck, unmotivated and I just let the negativity to consume me. This is a very dangerous place to be in. I assume there’s no escaping and I find it hard to believe that sobriety’s ever gonna change this crazy delusional brain. It’s awful how easy it is to just sit and wallow in all this filth of self-destruction. I start to think, hey dumbass, it’s too hard, just give up already! My mind is filled with thoughts of worthlessness, thoughts of being hated and unloved.

I don’t think any of this BS is true. I am not worthless, I am not hated, and there are people who care about me... it’s just really hard to climb back out of this hole.

I have a lot of drinking thoughts today. I finish my shift at 4pm and I’m thinking of going to the shop straight after to get bottles... but I won’t. Sigh. I want to give myself a chance, stay sober for a few months and see what happens. I remember my 90 sober days back in October; I was so healthy and proud of myself.

Right, off to work now.

Thank you all for your kind words and support!
(((Snufkin))). You are so right that you have people who care about you. There are dozens of people here who care very much for you. We may be virtual but we are real and our feeling are real and strong.

I think that you are an absolute delight; you are honest, caring and genuine - the world needs more people with those special traits. Your cat obviously adores you; pets are very good judges of character. You have a boyfriend who has been with you for a long time; that speaks volumes.

Focus on those 90 days; you can have those back and a lifetime of them, also.

The really good stuff didn’t emerge for me for quite some time. I was caregiving for a very ill and then dying parent and had absolutely no time to learn about recovery. That lasted for over two years during which time I acquired a gratitude and a sense of appreciation for sobriety (which is major). It wasn’t until I discovered SR (found and gave support here) and started working on myself (finding the roots of my alcoholism and turning those behaviors around) that I felt the beauty of true recovery emerging.

Do you journal? Try writing down your thoughts - maybe just one a day and analyze it. If it is negative one, think of ways you might turn it around. If it is a positive one, repeat it in your mind during the day. Focus on that positive as you fall asleep.

Can you volunteer? I know that you are busy woman but even one day a month can be therapeutic to those you help and to you. Volunteering has getting ‘me’ out of myself.

Sobriety is the most important component of recovery so hang onto that with all you haven hold it close: never let it go and let recovery begin.

Stay close to us.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
You guys made me google what all this rooting business is and this description killed me;

‘Announcing to an Australian that you ``are a cheerleader, so you don't see many football games because you are in the stands rooting'' will give a misleading impression about your devotion to the team.’
You made laugh until I almost cried, Snufkin.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Greetings, all

Saoutchick, hope that the fire is extinguished soon and that you can reopen your windows.

Purps, your story about Sabrina was adorable. I am not crazy about speed, either; she and I would get along well.

Snuff, I second MB’s suggestion about the computer, tv, etc. I have never taken melatonin but friends have said that it is not all it is cracked up to be.

Willow, I had mood swings like a rollercoaster for close to six months. They eventually normalized and now I am just my crazy self.

In other news, I am babysitting two lime trees for a friend who is away for seven months. There are now dozens of teeny tiny little limes on one of them and the other is just dropping it’s blossoms. Fingers crossed. If I don’t kill these, I am going to get at least one!

Have a wonderful Saturday/Sunday, all.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
So, I am watching South Korea vs Mexico.

Not fireworks but pretty fine to watch.

It is hot. I want some rain.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:58 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for all the great advice. Gosh what would I do without you...

I am totally knackered after work, but I'm happy to say I resisted the urge to get beer and I'm home now, safe and sound.

Ugh I'm too tired... Gonna catch up with you all later or tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
So, I am watching South Korea vs Mexico.

Not fireworks but pretty fine to watch.

It is hot. I want some rain.
I want some rain, too, MB. Enjoy the game!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Peaceful sleep wish for you Snuf!

BB...maybe the fridge fix is a simple one? Also...you can get replacements that aren't too much. Look for people selling off the old. Some people give them away to someone who can haul it for free when they upgrade appliances. Having a friend with a hauling vehicle is the key. I hope you find an affordable solution.

Enjoying WC with my hubby and son this fine Saturday morning. Going for coffee number 3!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Snufkin, you don't have to climb out of that hole alone. We're your Barrel of Monkees. Grab hold and we'll pull, and you can pull someone else out of their hole, too.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Glad you are safe at home, Snuf....give that cute kitty a hug for me!

So far I've started laundry and colored my hair (aka covering grays so I don't look like Cruella de Vil) ~ currently on coffee #4 I believe....I'm known to lose track of count with my drinks...imagine that!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Bim, following up on liza’s suggestion, have you seen NextDoor ? It is a bit Facebookie but you can find some really good used items (quite often free if you haul away as Liza said ). You can narrow your search and site functionality to a very small area or as wide as you like.

Good luck.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 06-23-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I bought a refrigerator yesterday and posted here about it, but thanks for the suggestions.

The old one is 33 years old. I got my money's worth out of it. It had a few other issues...it was time. And now I don't have to clean it.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Your post to Snuf was beautiful, Leigh.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Glad you are safe at home, Snuf....give that cute kitty a hug for me!
Aww will do Purps!! Here's Leon playing fetch, his favourite game. Sometimes I think I have a doggo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVpovCqJy1A
Old 06-23-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Your post to Snuf was beautiful, Leigh.
I agree.

Thank you Leigh.

I'm still a bit speechless.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Sorry missed the post BB...Glad you got that solved quickly
More World cup Fun https://www.indiatimes.com/trending/...al-347807.html
Old 06-23-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

That was great, Snuf! Leon is so quick—he can pivot on a dime!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Sorry missed the post BB...Glad you got that solved quickly
More World cup Fun https://www.indiatimes.com/trending/...al-347807.html
Old 06-23-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
That was great, Snuf! Leon is so quick—he can pivot on a dime!
I know, right. Too bad I'm not that great at throwing that paper ball haha, sometimes when I don't throw it far enough, he takes it further, and then he brings it back... like, look hooman, that's where it supposed to land...