Notices

The Big Switcheroo Weekender 20-25 June 2018

Old 06-24-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Snuf,
Glad you shared that. How can we help you get rid of them? How about when you wake up, take care of it first thing. You don't want to be haunted with thinking about them. I know just having a bottle of vodka in the house would stop me from enjoying my quit. I would just keep thinking about it being there. Something about having it so close would just keep pulling...like the RING in Lord of the Rings. You need to just remove them from your control and then your mind will be free of the trance.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get rid of them Snuf

D
Old 06-24-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Long day, Funeral service was nice. Got a cookoo clock today. A real one with weights and chains, from the Bavarian Black forest.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:48 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

The first day after vacations.

Coffee time.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Mr

Well good morning all.

Well done Bernie and keep racking up the days.
Snufkin it might not be easy but necessary...
Dragon I have always loved cuckoo and grand father clock's. They have lots of lovely grand father clocks in France. (compared to Ireland)
Courage to you MB for the back to work after Hols blues...
Anyway off to work.
Later.
V.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:59 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, Vinny.

Have a good day at work.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Mr

Enjoy your day off snuf
Please tell us you done the best thing with those scalpels. All your virtual recovery friends are here for you. Take care go out and enjoy the sun
Old 06-25-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning all. Didn't get home 'till late last night, saw the old gang (Yea, we are all old), it was nice. I learned somethings about my old boss that I didn't know, he was and exceptional man. Made me think a little about my life and what would they have to say about me?

We also began the process of packing up uncles condo, That's where the cookoo clock came from. I was so excited when it was offered to me, I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to hang it.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thinking about you Snuffkin.....
Old 06-25-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Snuf,
Glad you shared that. How can we help you get rid of them? How about when you wake up, take care of it first thing. You don't want to be haunted with thinking about them. I know just having a bottle of vodka in the house would stop me from enjoying my quit. I would just keep thinking about it being there. Something about having it so close would just keep pulling...like the RING in Lord of the Rings. You need to just remove them from your control and then your mind will be free of the trance.
Great post. ♥♥

Hello everybody.....and when I say that, it makes me think of this

I left my copy in Melbourne....I need another one.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Weekenders, it is a lovely day in London, the thermometer is about to go through the 30C barrier (86F). Many of the downmarket newspapers have headlines describing how pubs and supermarkets ran out of beer such was the demand yesterday, a sad little coda to an otherwise good day.

Snufkin I will add my name to the chorus, ditch the blades and take the pressure off of yourself.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Venus Cat I made my parents and every visiting adult read that book to me when I was little. I don't know what I enjoyed more, each of their renditions as the drama grew and grew or my own drama as I begged and pleaded not to turn the page or took the role as the fearless page turner. Thanks for posting that, although it had another message!

Dragon: I LOVE LOVE cuckoo clocks. Please post a video of it in action when you get her set up at home!

MB...sorry it is back to work! I hope return to the routine holds some positive.

Happy Monday all. World Cup kicks off a little later today. Imagine, I am up and WAITING for kickoff when I could be snoozing. Day 21 and I don't want to be in bed. The coffee tastes much better when it is not being consumed like medicine.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Thank you All, it amazes me and literally brings tears to my eyes to think about how lucky I am to have you as friends. Your never-ending love and support lifted me up one more time and I decided to ditch the blades - I gave them to my BF... he was angry at first that I kept them hidden, but then he understood it is a very positive step forward.

I'm happy and relieved.

Gonna treat myself and grab some lunch in town... Ohh I want to go to that awesome vegan place again...
Old 06-25-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Venus, I've never seen that book before. What's up with that monster? I was raised on Moomins.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

at the codependent comic strip, Snufkin.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Yey snuf....proud of you girl, and ha....I have never seen Moomins before Nick showed them to me.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Awesome job Snufkin, I hope you are as proud of yourself as we all are of you!

Just checking in, day 13 in rehab, it's still hard, learning a lot in some ways and starting to participate in the group sessions more and opening up to people which is making me feel more positive. Still struggling to get in touch with any other emotion than anger as I have dampened them down for so long with alcohol it's so hard to grab hold of them, I have become really good at blocking them out, too good in fact but I am going to keep at it and hopefully I will be able to cry without having to have 2 bottles of wine first lol

I am still not exercising though and I need to get going with that but the 30 degree heat at 6am using an outdoor gym is a killer! We had a meal out at a seafood restaurant on Sunday and next door in the hospital there was a starbucks...I was so excited (yes I know they are an evil corp!) to have a decent coffee with soy milk. One thing I am learning is to take pleasure in the small things and be grateful for them!

Anyhow, keep strong weekenders and be good! xx
Old 06-25-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Long day, Funeral service was nice. Got a cookoo clock today. A real one with weights and chains, from the Bavarian Black forest.
Those are so very cool, Dragon! Where are you going to hang it?
Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

It’s good to hear you sounding so positive, MantaLady!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Thank you All, it amazes me and literally brings tears to my eyes to think about how lucky I am to have you as friends. Your never-ending love and support lifted me up one more time and I decided to ditch the blades - I gave them to my BF... he was angry at first that I kept them hidden, but then he understood it is a very positive step forward.

I'm happy and relieved.

Gonna treat myself and grab some lunch in town... Ohh I want to go to that awesome vegan place again...
Well done, Snuf!

You were the first thought I had this morning when I woke up; you made my day.