Notices

Be as you are Weekender August 5th Part 2

Old 08-08-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Tetra, I think you should tell her you are having loads of sex, eating chocolate, and you have decided you will travel the world for a long while.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra, Marty - i hope things calm down soon. Parents can be such an emotional irritant

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Sao, I've been there with my family. But it's been so long, I don't remember whether I was in the actual home.

My mother remembered it as a place where she'd ordered custom pottery while living nearby and teaching military dependents at the now-closed U.S. air base, Sculthorpe. This would have been in the late '50s. When I get home from work, I am going to have to check the mugs I have -- they were previously in my parents' home -- to see if there is reference to Holkham Hall on the bottom.

Funny. Though I don't remember going inside the home -- and I'm pretty sure we didn't -- I do remember there being a ferris wheel and other somewhat run-down looking carnival rides on the property.
That sounds right Venny, Holkham Pottery is quite well known (among pottery folk) and there are still a lot of airbases in that part of the world, maybe because it is so flat. If I had known I would be going there I would have done a bit of research.

If you were a young person when you visited Venny you would be more likely to prefer a Ferris Wheel than a dusty old house - I expect most kids would . There were tons of children in the grounds with biking , kayaking and dangling from zip wires etc but none in the house itself
Old 08-08-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Tetra, I think you should tell her you are having loads of sex, eating chocolate, and you have decided you will travel the world for a long while.
Actually there is some truth to two of those

Things will be ok I guess. In the last 6 months I have changed workplaces twice. Yeah it's very hard getting used to new places and people but I guess I can do it a third time.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Lol, Tetra. Good for you.

Hey, I changed jobs in a short time very recently. Remember I had been working in a garden center over the summer part-time? Well now I am working as a mail carrier part-time.

Two sets of co-workers to get used to. Not a fun thing for me most of the time, lol. I am definitely introverted.

I do feel your pain.

But I am so glad to be a mail carrier and glad I no longer work at the garden center! It was more stress than fun there. And as a mail carrier I have very limited interaction with co-workers.

Maybe you will end up liking the switch. Stay open.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

@soberP, you are destroying my carefully cultivated stereotype of postal workers being deranged psychos who are one barking dog away from snapping!

@Tetra: this song's for you:

Old 08-08-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Arg, the video doesn't seem to be working (at least for me). Try the Link.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Not working for me either, U75
Old 08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

The second link does.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Actually I went to my dad for advice today. He said "welcome to the real world honey. Actually this job has been excellent experience for you".

I know I'm a dreamer and have a tendency to live with my head in the clouds at times.
I did ask him if people ever demanded a certain desk when he was the boss in his own office. He said "not really because I wouldn't let things get so out of hand".

I do agree with him though that this has been an eye opening experience for me so far this year. So in that respect at least I'm quite lucky.

I think the main reason why I feel guilty when talking to my mom is because I have thought about drinking. Although I haven't given in.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Can't do this on a plane.
Sure you can .... most of us, maybe all, can't afford it.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Well true. I know I can't afford it.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I forgot to tell you yesterday how cute your Tevas and toenails were, too, Marty!
I agree with SoberP.

I'm getting some food delivered... there's a thing happening here, several Asian owned seafood in a bag places. Big in Cali I think but we are getting a mini-boom of them over here. So I'm getting a pound of whole shrimp in a mix of their three sauces: crazy Cajun, garlic butter and lemon pepper. Your choice spice level, I'm going medium. Sometimes it's nice to eat that kind of food alone, it can get out of hand messy haha. I'm gonna be in garlic heaven.
And some seafood fried rice. I haven't tried that yet. But you gotta hit a minimum for delivery so I'll try it.

And I'm depressed. Just love life stuff bumming me out.

So, I'm here, but feeling low.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

It's probably because I've just not been a mail carrier long enough, U75.

I tell you though ... people are nice to me when I'm out there and based on the looks on their faces, I'm guessing I must look pretty fierce at times, lol. I think sometimes they might be afraid of me.

I should also clarify... being a mail carrier isn't less stressful than working at a garden center. It's more stressful, however, I personally can handle this type of stress better than the other. It suits me. I am great at this job, for the short time I've been there anyway. I will be really, really good at it one day. It is, by far, the most stressful work I've ever done. There is a strict time constraint. This job is equally mental and physical. You have to be really quick mentally to handle it, and very flexible.

Not to mention it's 110F in my vehicle here in the summer. Think about it for a second. That means frozen water bottles and Gatorade to survive. We are in danger of heatstroke.

Oh, my mail carrier here at my house is super nice and laid back... but she's been doing it for 20 years.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all
Old 08-08-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Evening friends,

I fear I am impossibly behind in the thread. I will attempt to catch up now. Very busy and fulfilling weekend. Met my new niece. She slept on my chest - a wonderful feeling. The excursion to the wedding was a success.

Just watched a documentary on the making of Pet Sounds.

# 116 (permalink)  

'Night, Wolfie. Sleep tight.
  # 117 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new niece, Behan.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I ate too much and now I feel like I could take a nap.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Dinner was messy and good, there's leftovers, I reek like garlic and my lips are tingling from the spice.

Even though I tried to eat my feelings, I'm still lonely.

I'm having an ice cold cerise limon LaCroix for a nightcap.

My favorite is the blackberry cucumber, I only see it at Target so I gotta go there. I will end up spending $250 on other stuff and get two packs of the LaCroix. That's expensive water hahaha. Happens every time.

No alcohol, no relapsing, no drinking, no retreat, only moving forward. These are the things I have to tell myself since I stupidly opened that door again. It's one minute at a time sometimes. Le sigh.
What are some coping tools you guys do when you're lonely? Not like volunteering bc this just happens when I'm going to bed, or have a crappy text exchange with my ex, etc. It's underlying but I don't constantly feel it.

I have a salted chocolate bar here, too. That'll help.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Honestly ... I sit and mope after it builds up enough I realize I'm going to die alone. I just ate Ice cream, that helps sometimes.

(((Mel)))