Notices

Be as you are Weekender August 5th Part 2

Old 08-08-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Ugh, in my post above I said "Jen," but I meant "Melina." Sorry about that. Too little (or maybe too much?) coffee this morning!
Old 08-08-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Plunger, yup yup. I have long hair. Lots of it finds its way into places I'd rather it didn't. Plunger for the win.

I can stay in the Casita when I come visit. My parents lived in a trailer in Florida for a while, they were caretakers on a big ranch. It didn't have space for visitors. That was when they bought a popup Coleman. I spent a few nights in that thing when I came to visit. It was awesome.

Santiago. Mmmmm. *eyes on your own paper, bim*
Old 08-08-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I do the long hair 'pull' outta the shower drain, too. Prevention is best. Take a coat hanger, untwist it to make a little 'claw' and pull that hair out! Every other time I shower I pull that crap out.

Interesting, Bim. Hey, my adventurous mother was caretaker on a huge yacht once. Well, she dated the actual caretaker, lol. She went along for the ride.

Sanibel Island is the farthest down south I've been. Good memories.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Crap. Infested with trailer trash again.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

lol trach.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I've done the coat hanger unclogging method many times and it works better than the needle nose pliers IMO.

Sorry in advance men....but Ive got Major MAJOR cramps and hormonal upheaval this morning! I'm on the verge of tears over nothing and everything! Grrr! and I didn't sleep again last night....stupid hormones....and I've got so much work to do at the office then I'm babysitting at lunch and possibly tonight. I feel overwhelmed and anxious. I'm telling myself it's just hormones, everything's fine. And it is I know it really is. I just don't like feeling like this. I really hope Mr Right doesn't walk in the office today lol!!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Maybe a big plate of carbs for lunch is the cure
Old 08-08-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Go for it brynn
Old 08-08-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I know the feeling, Brynn. Carbs sound like a good idea.

Just think ... PMS will be a thing of the past one day.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I know the feeling, Brynn. Carbs sound like a good idea.

Just think ... PMS will be a thing of the past one day.
The thought of that scares me, too lol!

I'm sitting here at my desk daydreaming about what delicious carbs I'll have for lunch. In reality though, I'll probably have my usual half PB sandwich and apple. I'm a rigid eater crud.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I have been a rigid eater in the past. Yep, been there. Not sure why I ate that way for a while. And it was while I was drinking, too! Strangeness.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Afternoon all ,
Hope everyone made it through the weekend ,
gloriously sunny but windy very busy in blackpool . illuminations going up and lots of holidaymakers around .

L8r , m
Old 08-08-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Trach ~

Instead of a Tent in the Sage here, I'll work you up a nice Trailer Hideway. Sumptin' as seen below. I Searched for *trailer trash pictures*, and there's some good 'uns. Buncha Hotties vampin' around Trailers. Some with Bottle in Hand, so it's a big nix_nay on linking those Pix...

From the preferred Drain Cleaning Method, to PMS Symptoms Mitigation, Weekenders is thee place to solve dem First World Problems, eh? Me, I'll continue to cling to my A-R preference of clearing Drains w/Needle Nose Pliers. Being a Jockette, MesaMate kinda blew right through the Men O'Pause Era at an early age many Years ago. I'm glad we could skip the whole battle over Room A/C Settings.

I mod'ded my Truck A/C to where it'll about make Ice Cubes in the Cab. I set it to where MesaDog is comfy. She puts on a light Sweatshirt. No worries. Besides, she's all psyched now about her 'new' Feet, thanks to putting 'Baby Foot Peel' Potion on them. Age leads to Perspective.

Hang tough, Trees. We're here for ya.

I'm thinking the Track below sampled the Snare Drum from Michael Jackson's Thriller...

- 'First World Problem' ~ Unknown Mortal Orchestra -

Old 08-08-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Those trailers are kind of cute, Mesa. Lol!

That video... nice choreography. Reminds me somehow of Prince! The vocals.

That chick's body (if you add a few inches, and probably a few lbs) is shaped like mine! I don't often find girls shaped like me. Weird. I have her legs.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Old 08-08-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Today I got word that I'm being transferred to a completely different department in 2 weeks.
No, I'm not happy. I had just settled in here and made friends, got used to the lingo etc.

It seems there is fighting going on elsewhere so when you are quiet and on a temporary contract like me, you bear the brunt.

She told me that because I'm quiet she wanted to put me with the "nicer" consultant. She said "he's a gentleman and he dictates a lot of letters and I know you are good at typing".

Why does everything in my life cone back to me being quiet? I'm trying to come to terms with that side of myself. I know I will never be the life and soul of the party.

So myself and 2 other secretaries will be playing musical chairs. My colleagues were shocked and said "switch the other 2 and leave Tetra here. We like her". No joy.

She brought me down to introduce me to my new colleagues. As we left one girl asked her if she could switch to what will be my new desk? Our manager refused by saying "no. That is Tetra's".

Guys, I'm just not able for a world where people are getting snotty over a desk. I couldn't care less where I sit as long as I have access to coffee at all times. And I'm very envious of people who have so little things to be getting on with that this is the type of thing they cause trouble over.

How many times must I start over? I've started over so many times that you would think I'd be used to it but I'm tired.

No I'm not drinking either. I had planned on cooking at home tonight but I decided to go out for a burger and fries instead. I'll eat fruit tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks for the music post Mesa, I'd never hard of that group. I am listening though and not watching. If I watch, I don't listen. If I listen, I don't watch. SoberP, someone commented that it reminded them of Prince.

Mec, glad you checked in. Don't hurt yourself tripping over tourists and holiday makers. I almost did this morning. I think today has been the busiest I've seen it downtown and I'm betting it's because school starts next week for a lot of people.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't let the switching get you down Tetra. I think that the bosses know that you are a good worker.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Tetra, I understand the feeling. You will get used to it. I keep getting switched around and back and forth, here and there, at work. I used to get angry about it. Now I just accept it. I'm making the same amount of money. I'm still getting benefits. Just my basic job duties keep changing. Lately it seems like things are changing every week. It isn't anything I've done or not done - except that I can do all the things they are switching me into or out of and they need my skills.

Take it as a vote of confidence that your skills, both typing and people, are valued. You're not causing the problems, someone else is. And that is noted.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi!
Been at work since 6 am and I'm not a morning person
Gonna have a nap and go back.
Tetra I get weird about things like where I'll sit- but I'm neurotic and I get claustrophobic easily- I don't like noises or people near me unless I like them.

If some idiot stands really close to me I'll turn around and give a dirty look.
I was walking at the river the other day and some guy was walking literally like right behind me; we were the only people on the trail- I turned around and just stood there and GLARED at him- such a nasty annoyed look.
I'm getting really irritable lately and short tempered- I'm not sure why.
My friend says he feels sorry for anyone if they tried to rape and murder me- I'd be such a problem they'd just drop me off on the street corner and speed away.

Sorry for ranting- I'm in a really bad mood!!!!

And no I'm not pregnant like Melina suggested in text haha
Xo