Old 08-07-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Speaking of thug life.....

Sweet dreams future rogues
Xoxo
Old 08-07-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mesa that's a gorgeous lake picture. And the butte was good too.

Lucky that piece didn't come off in traffic but I'm afraid my mind strays to other things. Could it have been stolen? Stealing metal for scrap is pretty lucrative business. Every business with a roof top air conditioning unit has a locked steel cage over the unit to keep it from disappearing.

Melina, that was a lovely post. I agree with the wonder of U75. Took me a long time and I'm still working on being an adult.

Trying to find something to watch on TV. Maybe I'll just do the crossword puzzle.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hahahaha Brynn!!
Old 08-07-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Mesa, thank you!

There's many things you are handy for, so much advice you spring for to help me and all of us Weekenders so readily.... and so much stuff you say that will never make any sense to me... I kinda get it later when I ask questions.

Thank you for helping!

Serious question. Cute call on the vinegar, folks, but let's bomb the environment bc I do not know what can dissolve hair in my drain.

I just want a product, I'll combine it with a flame thrower if necessary or a beautiful 9 milli if that could clear a drain... my aim is true...

Objective is no slimy feet in the shower and how to eliminate slimy shower uckness forever. Ugh. Gross. Enough.

Remember I might have some environment credits from beekeeping and having a veggie garden and you know what?

I don't want to slip and slide in my shower no more. Enough said.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't know of a Hair dissolving Product. Much less one that is inert. SOOOOO, I solve the problem another way.

With a 'classic' Drain Plunger seen below, I un-stick the Hair, and rinse it down.

Plunger 101. Wet the outer rim of it. You can even put some Vaseline on that rim. This provides the good seal you need from Plunger rim to Bath/Shower surface around the Drain. Push/pull hard on the Handle. Pushing down is only half the trick. Pull the Handle back up hard. Even if you break the seal.

Meanwhile, you gotta be pushing a wet Rag, or Plastic Bag, around the lil Handle halfway up the Tub Wall to create a seal around it simultaneously. This allows all the push/pull pressure you're creating to work the clog downward. Not just escape up and out past the lil Handle that you lift up on to fill the Tub. It also serves as an Overflow 'protector'. Water in a Tub that is filling up 'too' high will drain past that Handle. So, the lil Handle and the [clogged] Tub Drain are plumbed in parallel. Pressure you're creating won't push/pull on the clog if that pressure can just escape up and out the lil Handle. There is no lil Handle to worry about when plunging a Shower. This Handle is only on Tub/Shower combos.

The vigorous lift action on the Plunger Handle 'lifts' Hair up off what it's stuck on down in the Drain mechanism. You know when you're successful because the Water suddenly drains down pronto. This is a messy operation, so close the Shower Curtain and get on down!

I hope this makes sense.

- Plunger Pic -
Old 08-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You lost a snap-up Mesa?
Old 08-07-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

I think this is a visual of what MesaMan posted

Daughters boyfriend Santiago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160806_204446.jpg (41.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 08-07-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 08-07-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning xx
Old 08-08-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi all.
The girls luncheon sounded wonderful and right on time for you Marty with the pressure you are under.

Ruby - you were lucky.

I've started running. I'm getting to like the high and I'm doing it every couple of days now.
I've got to work on my 'reward' part of my plan.

I still want to be like a normal drinker. I haven't fully accepted I have a problem. It's a problem.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Boyfriend's cute. He looks like Kit Harrington.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dee posted this line as part of his response to someone..

I was prepared to change everything to stay sober

That's the crux eh? I'm still not convinced I'm 'prepared to change everything'. If I'm honest with myself I've got a side that's prepared to gamble.
Im frightened of that. How frightened ... I'm not sure.

Has anyone developed risky behaviour since becoming sober? Or know what I'm mean? Is being risky part of the addiction?

I feel I'm in a real battle with myself these days. Hopefully it's because I'm searching and not giving in.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Trees are you drinking now ?
Old 08-08-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Dee posted this line as part of his response to someone..

I was prepared to change everything to stay sober

That's the crux eh? I'm still not convinced I'm 'prepared to change everything'. If I'm honest with myself I've got a side that's prepared to gamble.
Im frightened of that. How frightened ... I'm not sure.

Has anyone developed risky behaviour since becoming sober? Or know what I'm mean? Is being risky part of the addiction?

I feel I'm in a real battle with myself these days. Hopefully it's because I'm searching and not giving in.
I pushed the envelope to the extreme Trees. It's not something I recommend.

It's not like I bounced back unscathed. I had several mini strokes and although I'm doing great, things physically are never going to be like they used to be.

I had such a fear of changing my life - but I hated the life I was in. I just didn't want a worse one.

Honestly, read a few threads on any given day and you'll see no one here left a drinking life for a sober one that was worse

It's not easy for a while - but that transition period passes.

Sober life at any point was never a bad as the cross country run under fire that my drinking life was at the end though

There's really two choices - change or die. You can change now and lose a little or change late and lose a lot - money career, loved ones, health perhaps even life if you're unlucky....

Even for a risk tasker or gambler, the odds on change later without any kind of loss...they're pretty crook.

The choice is yours Trees.

D
Old 08-08-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Trees, You are a smart and deeply feeling person who knows themselves rather well. So well in fact that you have a gift in that you can see what you might be planning before you act on it. That's something many who never make it die from.

But it's a double edge for you. You also feel like you are in control as a result. That's a flat out lie.

I can see where I might be heading most times. But when I was at my worst all that did was warn me. Not stop me. Now when I see it I act.

I don't know I am making sense. Just that your addictive voice is trying hard to convince you that another gamble is ok. Just one more. NO. No it's not.

Dee has some solid advice. Please listen to him and the folks here who care so much for you like I do.

Find some people who know what you are doing. I know you have friends who know. Speak up to them.

Let me and us know what's going on for you.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am ready for the week ahead. Good morning.

Remember to smile today. Happiness is a muscle. Give it a good flex.

K
Old 08-08-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I would like to elborate on what Dee said about the idea of changing "everything".

Everything must be relative. House? Location? Friends? Family? Habits? Some things cannot be changed.

Sometimes everything includes parts of us in that mix. Ways we think.

The intent of changing everything is that we must be willing to put everything on the line for this change. Nothing off limits. Not trade everything in for this change. Trading in the patterns we established that support our drinking.

In those patterns will be people, places and things that will have to go over board. Like we need to dig everything about the cancer out of our being. There will be many good parts and healthy parts of what remains. But all of what supports this cancer must go. What we see as vital organs and all. There are other ways to survive and grow again.

That's my take.

Ken
Old 08-08-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ken & D
Old 08-08-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day SW

D
Old 08-08-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, miscreants! Last day in Chicago. Train leaves at 2:15. I'm ready to go home. This morning will be full of tech support again. And other little details. There's no shortage of stuff that needs to be done here. A trip to the library across the street, too. There's someone there who is an expert with the reading device I've been working to set up - there's a national library service for the blind that supplies audio books - he needs to get set up with that. They can give him books on flash drives that plug right into the device - pretty kewl. One advantage of him living in a big city is that these services are easier to get at. So hopefully, by the time I leave, his tech issues will be in good shape.