Notices

Be as you are Weekender August 5th Part 2

Old 08-10-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Well I was in bed, but I had to come out on my deck to watch the Lightning Ven just mentioned before it gets here. I have a clear view to the West. Nice light show.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
EndGame

Hi Weekenders.

I posted this in a different forum. Many of us may have witnessed this then-controversial event. If you're like me, you didn't know the inspired and inspiring backstory.

Everyone Ignored The White Man In This Famous Photo. 48 Years Later, The Real Story Emerges

Edit: Just noticed that the name of the thread my be appropriate to the story.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Cool story, EndGame. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Hi Weekenders.

I posted this in a different forum. Many of us may have witnessed this then-controversial event. If you're like me, you didn't know the inspired and inspiring backstory.

Everyone Ignored The White Man In This Famous Photo. 48 Years Later, The Real Story Emerges

Edit: Just noticed that the name of the thread my be appropriate to the story.

I remember that! I was a junior in high school and I remember watching the Olympics that year.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Thanks, EndGame, for sharing that poignant story. Stories like Mr. Norman's remind me of what is good in people. Making choices that reflect integrity are not usually difficult for most of us, but in so doing, we honor those for whom the right thing exacted heavy tolls.

(And I did share on my FB page.)
Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Mld...there's nothing wrong with being in bed at 8pm. I find it quite a luxury and I love having time to unwind in a healthy manner before sleeping.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Wow! Incredibly moving story, endgame....thanks for sharing.
Xo
Old 08-10-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

The Sunset just now was a good 'un. And, some Lightning/Thunder off in the distance.

Good fun at the Dog Park a while ago. If Clouds clear, as they usually do, there might be a few pre-peak Perseid Meteors tonight.

Grilled Chicken; Spinach Souffle; and local Peaches & Cream Corn for Dinnah. More Peach Cobbler in a bit. MesaMate is waiting for Basketball on the Tube. She used to play as a Wee Bastid. Her Dad taught her tricks like stepping on the Opponent's Foot to immobilize them momentarily. Do it so the Referee doesn't see ya. Take as long as you can at the Foul Line before shooting a Penalty Shot in order to P.O. the other Team, and break their momentum. Good clean moves like that...

Returning from our last RV Campout, this local Burger Joint had their lil Portable Sign out Curb-side. I couldn't get a Pic, so this text will have to do:

- Bacon For President -

Old 08-10-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Beautiful sunset mesa. Your view is stunning.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for that EndGame. I am aware of the story - perhaps because I'm Australian. It is a powerful, sad, and ultimately triumphant story.

https://theconversation.com/i-will-s...r-norman-10107

D
Old 08-10-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Thanks Endgame. That's sad and powerful.

Marty. Early to bed sounds great. I'm still awake and wanting Mesa's dinner. Spinach souffle. I've had a craving for souffle lately.

I'm jealous of the rain too. Hideously hot and humid here with no rain expected until Friday.

Time for ice cream
Old 08-10-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Gawdddd, I missed you guys last night!

I came home totally fried from a long day and I have a new laptop to cheese about, and I put together a nice shoe rack by myself, and I was settling in for my reward on the couch which is catching up with and harassing you all, and... And... And... Nothing.

I was super disappointed and I started really missing you guys! You really are my buddies here.

I'm glad that it's all fixed and I heartily thank whoever had to deal with figuring that out. The admins and mods here are AWESOME, and anybody else who makes sure we have this nice place to come visit with each other.

Thank you for the alternative you told me about, bimini... I couldn't even click on it I was so busy today, but thank you!! If I could have, I would have.

Sao, if you are Gastric Overlord I call dibs on you fixing my bad guts sitch. But not through helminth therapy. That's still a little creepy to me. Or, conversely, if you choose to use your powers for bad, I will be your trusty sidekick and shower ummm, explosive stuff that happens to me quite frequently over all our enemies! Lololol! Gross! I'll stop now!

U75, me and the SR Spinsterettes are definitely camping out at your house now that I've seen a pic. Just tell your wife you met us on the Internet, no big deal.

Hi, everyone! A hearty hello and hug to all, and hi LightningBug! It's fun here! Any other new names I missed? You rock, too!

xoxo
Old 08-10-2016, 09:10 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Didn't get much sleep last night so I'm going to try and see if tonight is better.

Catch you all in the new thread.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

It puts the vinegar in the bathtub.

In case you were salivating for an update, I finally got some white vinegar and poured it down the shower drain... But I'm not doing that plungey thing tmro Mesa described bc I couldn't follow the directions.

I'll post an update after my shower tmro about the slow drain and slimy shower floor sitch....
Stay tuned, folks.

This is as fascinating as watching... a shower drain, hahaha!
Old 08-10-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Great articles NYC.

See you all later on the fresh thread.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Thanks for the link Endgame -a few years back there was a documentary about the '68 Olympics protests so I knew he agreed with the raised fist protest but I did not know anything about the way he had been treated back home in Australia. I have some Indian friends who tell me things are still pretty bad there.

Melina I hope your Crohns lays off you for a while. I drank a lot of diet tonic water yesterday so I was more Gassy Overload than Gastric Overlord

Stunning pic MesaMan - i have always thought basketball could really take off in the UK given the right impetus. The NBA should hold a few games here (or something)

Last edited by saoutchik; 08-10-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Autocorrect the war without end
Old 08-11-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Thanks dee.
Trach.... could you please explain to me how tap talk works? Sorry I'm not able to find us. ....just keeps asking me to follow boards....x