# 162 (permalink)  

Night all
Old 08-09-2016, 02:24 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning SW.

Night Trees.

Morning world.

I have hit a strange patch. Very strange indeed. Everything in my life is in order and I am ahead of the game. Yes. You heard me. Work is quiet but busy. I am about two weeks ahead of schedule and can work leasuirly. Home is in order and routine. Therapy is good and average each week. Weather and summer are going fine. Much doing. I have everything I need or want at the moment. No real desires.

This is usually the time when super weasel enters and blows it all up. Hmmmm.. I shall kill that rodent when I see him.

Have a good day.

K
Old 08-09-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Ahh the old locked in a room with a big red button with the sign saying do not press the big red button conundrum .

Don't press the big red button K

extreem sneezing with pepper ? or get that violin out ? go on a date .. join a walking group ? go sky diving ,
Old 08-09-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

HA! Leave it to my wonderful friend M to ensure the reality of it all. It's not lost on me Sir. Nothing of the sort. But the big red button made me laugh!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Thanks saou.
Weasle just take it in and enjoy
Old 08-09-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

hey...
had a fight with the wife last night... more of a silent treatment... it started when I took everything out of the dishwasher and loaded it properly... the final straw was when I went out on the deck and noticed she shucked the corn and tossed all of the 'shucking' onto the freshly mulched area AND on top of the hydrangeas... I guess they heard me inside when I 'yelled' WTF! Unbelievable!, then came inside grabbed a bag and proceeded to clean it up. She was gone when I came back inside. So I found her and asked why she did that. "Because it's organic and it will help the plants" And I said, "Don't ever do that again." And she said, "I'll never do nothing again..." It looked like someone dumped trash out there...

Well, I'm heading into Philly today. She isn't going - wasn't part of the plan, she has school work to do. So I am tour guiding today. I hate going into Philly. But once we're there and 'touring' I'll get over it. I discovered to tour Independence Hall you have to get in line at 0830 for tickets, much like the Washington Monument. No way I'm driving in the worst traffic in the country to get there for 0830. When I first came back to PA, I drove that road every morning to install cable in Philadelphia - worst place in the world for that job. Imagine a major city with a two lane hi-way as a major in route. And it wasn't as bad 25 years ago, but still horrible. So I'll skip the rush hour and hope I can find parking for under 20 bucks. If I park near the Franklin Institute/Art Museum, we can get all of that area covered, but probably won't get into Independence Hall. I have a few options, still undecided. One thing I do know, I'll be walking around 10 miles today...
Of course she came down last night and handed me the address to the medical Museum of Philly - so I guess I have to go there.
Yesterday cleaned out the garage - moved stuff - and hooked up the trailer to the jeep (practice) because it is difficult to get the hitch on the ball at that angle.
And cleaned up the one kayak that spent it's life stored outside. Also noticed that it is now two-toned because of the sun.

Hope all are well. I gotta play nice to the wife today - but jeeze... you have no idea what a mess it looked like with corn trash all over the hydrangea and on my freshly mulched area. Sometimes I wonder...

guess I'll make coffee

Relapse is NOT part of the process. And even though I was at my wits end last night, having a drink wasn't even a remote thought. My understanding of the 'progress not perfection' thing is that it's about how you go about improving and living your life, not to be used as an excuse to relapse.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

haha
Old 08-09-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Administrator

I see your Fudd and raise you a Ren and Stimpy Brain

Don't give in like Stimpy, kids

D
Old 08-09-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LB you are in the right and your wife is in the wrong. There is only one way out of such situations imo - you're going to have to apologise dude
Old 08-09-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I seem to have lost the ability to relax. Maybe I never had it and just relied on booze or maybe it's just momentary. I am on leave but feel edgy when not doing anything.

Green tea might help
Old 08-09-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

LB... I love Philly. Worked there when I was much younger.

And I can hear your wife's voice when you speak for her. HAHA. She is a pistol!

Have fun and be safe. Philly can be a strange place.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Brain, you ought to do the right thing and buy her
a 3-weight Sage Mod Fly Rod.
Cabelas has them for $850.00
Old 08-09-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon
Old 08-09-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning y'all!

I finally slept yay! It's going to be a good day
xo
Old 08-09-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
Brain, you ought to do the right thing and buy her
a 3-weight Sage Mod Fly Rod.
Cabelas has them for $850.00
No, no, no.

A basic ultralight spinner and casting bubbles is the way to go with newbies.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone!

Huge day for work, opening the second restaurant today in our little empire of eventually four this year. I shouldn't say our empire. I don't have any ownership in it. And I don't want any. It's hard enough managing my hours on a six day schedule with an entrepreneur boss who continually and habitually can not understand why the employees don't naturally want to just put in seven days.

He gets prickly when I remind him that most people need two days off a week- one day to do everything and one day to do nothing. He uses the example of some of the guys working six days a week... umm, you're talking about people who do not speak English barely, do not have any education to get them a different job, and have children to support. They have to do that, and the majority have other jobs as well.

I knew it was going to be a bit delicate working for an entrepreneur that hates admin... that I would be spending a ton of time learning to mind read. This is one of those cases where I need to distill it down to the paycheck every time... it's a great paycheck and can take care of the financial issues I have from not working a lot of this year.

It's just an economic vehicle I'm driving and I don't need to have little opinions about every little thing. It is a little difficult to get the constant lectures of things that occur to him and not get asked if I have experience in the areas, which I always do.

As much as I love being a chef, I need to plan my exit or transition from this industry. It is ludicrous to work this hard for a business model that nets you about 7% profit, amd kicks your butt physically. I will find a way to participate in the field but at a corporate level or something like that.

And I would really really love to pick up my home cooking again. Working in it totally kills the desire to cook off the clock.

Just musing. It should be a great and fun and unpredictable day!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

My husband does the same thing, Brain. He throws eggshells, avocado seeds, and whatever else he wants into our yard.

I get all upset and go get it outta the yard, try to reason with him to no avail, then get mad and yell, and all that...

He wants all the natural things to go back into the yard to become compost (yet he has no idea how compost decomposes and I'd have to do the work anyway)... we just don't compost anymore cause I had such issues with it, so now it just looks like food junk lying around the yard.

Recently though he's stopped it. Not sure why. Thank god though.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good luck with the opening, Melina.

That industry does seem killer tough. I've read a few chef bios and such. I also have a friend who is a trained chef. He no longer works in the industry, but man does he love to cook. He was a great cook back in college before going to culinary school.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

So, 'Potamus and 'brain are the perfect couple?

Now, I'm scared.

Melina, do not give up on yourself. Give up on the rest of them.