Notices

Back to Sober Basics Weekender April 8th Part 2

Old 04-13-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Welp, this Story is a veritable Blast From My Past.

Some Gomer cooking down Pot into Hash Oil using Butane did what a surprising number do, and blew up his Habitat. A very tricky Procedure, apparently. In this case, a nice Hotel near CU Boulder where I used to put up Biz Pals. And, play Band Gigs at. And, attend Wedding Receptions at. And, as poor Hippies, go to their Happy Hour for their famous 'Endless Shrimp Bowl'. We pour a bunch free Shrimp into 'whatever', and pocket them for Stoner Snacks later. Stretch that Hippie Food Budget. The Hash Oil/Butane Story angle already has been confirmed in subsequent TV Broadcasts this Morning. Hotels simply don't have/need Natural Gas up in the Rooms. Everything is Electrical. So, Deduction Dude, here, figgered out the Butane causality from the get-go.

My luck, some poor Jerk like Ken, Sao, Brain or I would be rousted outta Bed at 4:30 - when this blew - right when you're gearing up for some important Biz Presentation nearby. This Hotel was also the last Shuttle Bus stop on the way to the Denver Airport, so lots of us were standing around outside in Monkey Suits to catch an important Flight. Lovely.

- Hash Oil Butane Explosion Blows Out Hotel Room -

Now watching the 3rd Concrete Truck jockey this long Extension Arm perilously close the House Eaves in order to dump the last Concrete load for the Stamped, Tinted Concrete Patio Project. We can walk on it tomorrow [2 other Sections are done]; just in time for really nice Weather.

Very glad to read here that all are present, and accounted for!

'If you a Weekender, SchitteCan that Bender' ~ Me

In Music News, Led Zep is being sued by the Estate of Randy California; a founding Member of Spirit. Not a widely-known Band, but they had their moment in the Sun. Zep opened for Spirit in The Olden Days; leading to speculation that Jimmy Page ripped this 1968 Spirit Song Lick for Stairway To Heaven. A Judge just OKed this Lawsuit going forward in this long-running spat. The main Radio Airplay Hit from Spirit is linked below.

- 'Taurus' ~ Spirit -

- 'I Got A Line On You Babe' ~ Spirit -
Old 04-13-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks brain.
Have you checked with and junk yards around about the rims?
Old 04-13-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Feeling strong now.
Crush Kill Destroy.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning rogues!

Lunar, your check in has made my day! Stick close to us and we'll get through all of it together!

I've read Brain's Pennsylvanian speak tutorial twice and am more confused than after the first reading. I'll try and figure it out for the next time I'm up that way, though. I've only driven through Pennsylvania once and that was only because we had to go to Orange County Choppers on our way home from Connecticut.

Raining here. The one time I didn't bring my umbrella into work lol!
Xo
Old 04-13-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Congratulations SUiD on Two Years!!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

PennsyLtucky - get it right...
SUID, looking at auto yards is next on the list... that would mean work on my part if I go to Joe's U-Pull-It auto parts. Gotta get the rubber swapped in the mean time...

Mesa, - interesting things going on out there. I wasn't even thinking about that new development when I was looking at a job in Hayden this morning. Of course now, whenever I look at jobs I also check to see what kind of hospitals and like are in the area. Not far from Steamboat Springs... I somehow get the impression that this area is very high up on the redneck scale.... but closer to Jellystone than south co... don't think I would fit in too well there... even though I AM a redneck hahahaha - just not that kind...

Since I have been spending time on 'other' things I decided to make lunch before I put on the work boots - it's still in the 40's anyway...
so I made lunch and I took a photo of it for soberwolf...
fish and chips baby! But not the 'traditional' battered and deep fried fish. I dredged in dry flour mix and lightly "fried" in olive oil. But the fries are 100% go straight to your veins goodness! Fish were quite tasty, I know the wife is gonna drown em in tartar sauce - might as well have fried cardboard if you're gonna smother it with some mayo like goo...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
haddock.JPG (83.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two years SUID. Amazing achievement.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'll say it again....Robert Plant was freaking hot!!

And that's so weird listening to that Spirit song! No wonder there's a lawsuit!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

OMG LB - fish and chips look amazing!! Cod? Is that avocado in the salad? I'm a very recent convert.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Those tomatoes and avocado look awesome! I'm hungry.....eating a granola bar at my desk.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.

Mesa, thanks for the Spirit link. I can understand why there's a lawsuit. Just why wait forty odd years for it?

Behan, I apparently missed half a page back there where you talked about the co-worker and his whisky and your boss and the job. Stick with your plan. It takes courage to do so but I think you're on track.

I noticed that the little emos Sao posted earlier were dancing in time to Psycho Killers. It was weird.

Brain, a used rim might be cheaper near you but calling will answer that question. Mr. Ruby dented a rim on my old car last year when he was up to his hijinks and a used rim was $85 at the junk yard.

Avocado is good stuff. I like it with a little salt and lime.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I got the trial subscription to Amazon Prime and so far I'm enjoying.

Binge watching Shameless bc I'm so behind, on season 3.

Buying things that are getting delivered in 2 days for 'free.'

Do you guys have this and how do you maximize it? I have to decide in a month if I'd like to continue the service for $99 a year.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it, especially bc I don't watch tv at home. I only have Netflix. So this could be a good supplement...
Old 04-13-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Right, I know what I will be eating tonight, that looks delicious LB

Congratulations SUID - a fantastic achievement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160413_174018.jpg (14.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

okay, before I go, SPIRIT doesn't have a chance with their lawsuit. Even though there are similarities in the time and chord progression - close but no cigar.

The bottom line is - even though it wouldn't really matter - LZ's lawyers are bigger than Spirit's lawyers. More money wins in these types of things usually.
There are a thousand songs that have similarities one way or another.

OJ had bigger lawyers than the county of Los Angeles...

One could sue every story teller ever who started out with, "Once upon a time..."
Old 04-13-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Melina, I've thought about getting Prime too, but haven't yet. Still thinking.

Hi ruby! I like a little salt on my avocado too if I'm eating it plain.

I like lunars Crush Kill Destroy. Is that from a video game or something?
Old 04-13-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Brain ~

Stopped a few times in Hayden CO driving West from our [3rd] Mountain House In CO; just South of the WY State Line. MF cold up there. It's called 'North Park'. The Climate analog to 'South Park', as in that rude TV Show. A high sorta 'Steppes' area that Da Missus would not like. Blizzards. Snow Drifts. Probably not a full set of Teeth in the entire Town.

I grabbed a Sammy there and stopped at a River Overlook. Skeeters attacked my Windshield. Couldn't even get outta my SUV. Alaska-like Bug Population. Forgettabout it, sez I! Nuffin' to do there, other than mebbe Hunt or Snowmobile.

- Hayden CO Demographics -

Melina ~ We got Amazon Prime; just for Shipping here to Nowhere CO. I'm only now starting to dink with Programming on it via this ~12 Meg speed/Wireless Bridged Phone Line, and a Roku Box. No conclusions yet. I gotta new HP Laptop. A new hotchit Wireless Router. A 2nd Roku Box to enable. One Cellphone going via the Landline Phone Router [to cut down Cellular Minutes], and another one to go. I need to convert Wireless Router Audio through HDMI to my Stereo. There's more in there that I've forgotten. Tech Overload 'round here if I don't pace myself...

For Brynn...

- 'The Lemon Song' ~ Led Zep -

- Lyrics -

- Robert Plant Pic -
Old 04-13-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh I forgot, even Scrapyard's put their wares up online these days so you can probably find some wheels online

Best avoid the shopping malls in Pennsylvania, I saw a documentary about one of them by a guy named George A Romero. Some of the the shoppers looked a bit the worse for wear if I'm honest

Last edited by saoutchik; 04-13-2016 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-13-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I have Amazon Prime, and I don't know if I can live without it. My choices for shopping in stores around here are limited, so I order a ton of stuff. I even use it for very small items I'd have to drive to the next town over to get at Target or elsewhere - saves me time and gas. Like the other day, I ordered a tiny little jar of bright orange paint to paint the top of my oriole feeder with. Free shipping, here 2 days later. It's great for bigger things, too, that I'd have to drive farther for and struggle to get into my car and home.

I have used the streaming service some, but will use it more when I ditch the dish. I get my money's worth from the membership, for sure.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Thanks, Marty!

I already have 5 separate orders of things coming, haha! Yeah, I'm hooked.
Great stuff!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

SUID! Congratulations on two years. That is awesome. Keep working away at it. I like what MLD said. Progress, not perfection. I still have days/weeks that I'm not the happiest camper. Still beats the alternative.

I think MLD wins for creative consistent use of Amazon Prime. I have it. I like it. I just don't use it that much lately.

My brother texted me earlier, causing me to start freaking out. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday and I have given it almost NO thought until today. I am super bad about birthdays. In fact, my brother's wasn't too long ago and I didn't get him anything. I'm a terrible sister. At least I have twenty four hours now to think about what to get my dad.