last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...il-8th-18.html

D
Old 04-10-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow I can't believe that I would actually be able to say that. I have had a busy long weekend and today I have to get some errands run and work around the backyard with some spring cleanup. I'm having my morning coffee still trying to wake up. I must say that I never get tired of waking up without a hangover. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you've had a productive weekend WWS, such a thing would have been unthinkable when we were recovering from a hangover!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D
Old 04-10-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks D for the new thread!

Thanks Sao for the welcome! The picture you took is beautiful!!

Marty- that is great that you are having self growth. I think that is a big part of recovery. Learning what you won't accept anymore.

I slept really good last night and I made country ham & scrambled eggs for breakfast.

It is a rainy day in the midwest.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi middy!!

Hi OT and congrats on shotgun waywardson!

Nons, I was just wondering about you and there you were at the end of part one! You are sooooo Right! Feels So good not to be that person anymore! Congrats to you and to everyone who has stepped out of that role and moved on to bigger and better things!

Haf....I woke up at 4:15 and started Thinking...blah! Finally fell asleep and had weird dreams....being trapped in an old shack with a hundred people and if we didn't say certain phrases in Spanish we'd all be shot (I was doomed since I only know rudimentary French)! Hope you got some sleep this morning!

Guess I should start getting ready for church...windy and overcast this am
Xo
Old 04-10-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Nons, that was a good story about the garage full of booze on the last part of our thread. I'm glad we were with you!

Nice pic, Sao! The English breakfast and variations sound wonderful!

I had a hard time sleeping knowing I'm going to install the honeybees in a couple hours here. Gotta go get ready, wish me luck!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ..I finally got to sleep at some point last night.
I'll have brunch and hang out with my family for a while and then head back home this afternoon. It's been a nice visit.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yay Melina! I can't wait to hear about your bees, good luck!

Have a good morning HAF!

The only thing I don't like about having long hair is how long it takes to dry!
Xo
Old 04-10-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning troops. Part 2 eh?
Today started out with bright sun shining through the cracks in the blinds. Looks like the universe is still intact, as far as we can see into the past at least. Blinds are now fully open. And it was another deep freeze last night. Global warming has everything messed up. It's 20 degrees colder than normal for this time of year.
Threw together something for dinner, a sort of chicken cacciatore thing. I looked for recipes on line and all I found was crock pot/slow cooker stuff. I have to have her ‘lunch’ ready by 2PM. And it is also her ‘lunch’ here. So I winged it in a deep casserole dish in the oven. And I just made up my own recipe as usual. One day I'll share with you the best way to 'clean' garlic. And who makes chicken cacciatore with skinless boneless breasts? Not this space cowboy. I'm a thigh man baby!
I discovered eggs in the fridge. So it looks like an eggs day. I made O’Brain Potatoes and a simple cheese omelet. Good news is that I discovered a ‘thing’ of Cholula Chipotle Sauce in the pantry. I broke the seal on that sucker…
Brain’s Tip Of The Day:
When you buy those rotisserie chickens at the supermarket or some kind of prepackaged dinner/lunch item that comes in a flat bottom plastic container with a clear lid, use them to start seedlings for your garden. They make great ‘greenhouses’. The chicken ones are good for the tall domed lid. The rectangular ones are good for getting rows of seeds to sprout and start. Or use the clear plastic egg cartons that some free range eggs come in. Pick up a pack of Jiffy Peat Pellets and follow the directions. Except you need to do this about three or four weeks ago…

Here is the breakfast I am enjoying right now…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
brekky.JPG (88.0 KB, 84 views)
Old 04-10-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Excellent Brain Tip!!!
Going to use it.

Happy Sunday Sober Enders!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, folks!

On Friday night I came home to see 3 dudes engaged in a booze-fest on my neighbor's patio. I know them all. One of my neighbors knows I don't drink - but the other two guys did not. They asked me to join them for some drinking.

I said: "No thanks. Going on 4 years sober".

I normally never do that, but since I live next door I felt it was time to make sure the cat was out of the bag. I have been asked dozens of times to join neighbors for a drink, and the whole "Not today", or "I don't drink" lines seemed to add to much mystery. It was nice to stand my ground.

Their response? "Wow. Congratulations, man. Seriously that's great". And that was the end of that. There are times when we have to commit to our sobriety and this seems to have been a good time to do it.

Spent a day in Guatemala City yesterday. Went to the big cosmopolitan mall to get some things I can't get in my town. It's absolutely harrowing to drive in that city (even on a Saturday morning) but somehow I made it. Ladyfriend was by my side to support the voyage.

Off to el mercado to purchase fresh pineapples, watermelons, papayas, bananas, and tons of veggies. It's just a 10-minute walk and it's always a great spot to spend a Sunday morning. Weasel, if you love Farmer's Markets you'd be in heaven down here, this is 7 days a week, 365 days per year:

Old 04-10-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Gorgeous, BigS. I'm so jealous. Up here in the frozen north we will never see anything like that.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sunday afternoon.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Another cool pic BigS. It's interesting how in the beginning I tried to 'hide' my sobriety too. Then after a year or more I would just tell people that I have been sober for over a year or whatever. And the most amazing thing, like BigS related, almost to the person they said, "Congratulations." Sometimes I have also heard, "I wish I didn't drink so much..." I don't push sobriety on anyone, but if they ask, I will help.

I had to go find part one... Thanks for posting NONS, enjoy the last week of tax season. I too was that guy who 'stole' drinks I didn't have to steal just to hide the fact I was drinking. Or those trips to the bathroom just to stop at the bar for a quick short one so that I could "sip" at the table in a restaurant. Or the volunteering to go get the drinks because the waitress is too busy - for the same reason. Yep, I know some of you are nodding your heads.

Glad everyone made it through Saturday night around here.
Marty, I think it's time to 'cut your losses' on this guy and expand your horizons.
Skype dates, did you get liptstick on your computer screen Bodhi? Or don't you kiss on the first skype date?

Melina - nice-a-boney? Lots of sodium girlfriend.

Well, I have to get some things done around here today. I still didn't make up for taking Friday off and watching movies all day... and yes, I discovered there are at least 3 'Sharknado' movies. Someday... But it's gonna have to be a really bad day to watch them.
And I see there was already a breakfast theme going, so posting my breakfast pic was right on time. Trach, I haven't seen a Shoneys in years. I think if IHOP and Denny's had a baby it would be a Shoney's. Maybe?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning enders
Old 04-10-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

MLD, since you took a pass yesterday, this is for you...

and me
Old 04-10-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Nice, Brain. Who is it?
Old 04-10-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Late joining up this weekend. Sorry.
Hope everyone is doing ok.xx