Notices

Here We Grow Again Weekender Feb 5 Pt 2

Old 02-09-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

here's a photo my wife took of me battling the waves from Irene. If you look closely you can see my silhouette in the middle of the pic trying to shield my face from the wave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2011irene.JPG (30.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Not seeing it Brain. However, I wouldn't want to be stuck out in that. Craziness.

I'm required to go to a seminar this afternoon at 3:30. Trying to stay awake now. It's going to be harder later on. I think coffee is in order. I haven't had any caffeine yet today.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

made you look

I may be a fool, but I'm not stupid.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all
Old 02-09-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Pizza place now won't deliver to me. Oof. I've been working so much I haven't gone to the grocery store. My awful roommate is here and I just can't stand him right now. Trying to just stay in my room and catch up on threads and see what everyone's been up to...
Old 02-09-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

They won't deliver? Because of Mardi Gras craziness?
Old 02-09-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Yeah haha. They can't cross the street. I understand. I'm ok just hermiting to the extreme. I'm also really currently proud of myself. Since moving to this city I've been enriched artistically, musically, friendship wise, food wise, and the drunkenness I'm forced to witness sometimes is a total turnoff.
I did partake when I moved here. I did. I struggled but quit when I felt I needed to and wanted to quit. My life has changed astronomically as far as my priorities are concerned. I'm very excited to see the ripple effect...
Old 02-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

So are you right in the middle of the festivities? I've never been to NOLA, and I'd like to, but not during Mardi Gras.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey all! I didn't really end up posting in here much over the weekend. I stayed busy and quite enjoyed myself all weekend. I filed my taxes today and ended up owing money this year which I expected. Less than $300 so I can't complain too much. I'm looking forward to leftover pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches and potato wedges for dinner when I get home. I'm really getting into this crockpot cooking thing. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Yeah girl. It's ALL in the middle. Life is totally affected by carnivale. There is so much to do in the city other than Mardi Gras. And plenty of activist opportunities and places to get involved in the community. Come down!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Plenny/ZeldaFan - i'm glad you are both doing well, at least Mardi Gras is only a few days

Just watched a new episode of crime drama Happy Valley - it's very good but a tough watch
Old 02-09-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Sao, Mardi Gras / Carnivale actually lasts over a month. Starts twelve days after Christmas and then goes through Ash Wednesday. Ooooooof.

Good news: PIZZA IS ON ITS WAY
Old 02-09-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Plenny I'll be in new orleans in june.
We should meet for food!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I'm gonna try to force trach to take me out for dinner too
Old 02-09-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good work on getting the pizza plenny. I wouldn't want to go out in that at all. I've been there once and not at Mardi gras. Just wouldn't.

No, Brain, you're not an idiot.

I'm heading home. On the train. Yay! I have a four day weekend coming up so Thursday is my Friday this week. Maybe I can get the repair guy out to fix my dryer.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I feel terrible tonight but I got a nice message from an old friend.

Two years ago I was in very bad shape after another relapse. In order to get out of my own head I signed up to give volunteer English lessons to a guy. By coincidence tonight he sent me an e-mail and wrote:

"Thanks Tetra, I will never pay back what you have done for me, for me you are unique. I am sure nobody else could offer what gave to me, not only you gave me your time ,but your knowledge, Time is money, but for you, not what good you can buy but what good you can do for the others, that is priceless and is very difficult to find someone like, you are like rare rose in garden of weed...Now I have got 2FETAC level 5 and Level 6, The Cambridge English, ECTs level 6, all of that is because of you, Thanks again. You really open the door of my future, because I will use those FETAC to enter at the University! To start over again. I believe that you bring me luck and I forget that the world also needs you, forgive-me for my selfishness".

I feel even more weepy right now. I guess it is ok to share the message as I highly doubt he is a member here. (Though ya never know!)
Old 02-09-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Pizza is on it's way - woo-hoo! Not here. I made a stir fry using turkey cutlets, snow peas, bok choy and other, after I cleared snow from the sidewalk for me and two neighbors. I'll do the driveway later. It's a heavy snow and every little tree branch is coated with white. As the wife said yesterday, "good snowman snow". Got a couple inches of snow and it should be gone tomorrow if the sun makes an appearance. I watched a car unable to make it up the hill down the street. Then the truck came dumping salt and cinders... Maybe someday I'll live where dumping chemicals on the road is illegal. It should be everywhere. Of course we couldn't possibly take a day or two off from 'life' in the land of the free, home of the dollar.

Spent time putting together notebooks/binders of 'work' related stuff. Reviewing interview questions and stuff like that there. This is one of those things I can not take lightly. Got to bone up on the company as well.

good night wolfy, and everyone else. I gotta start getting into a routine - like a normal day waking up and going to bed not past midnight...
Old 02-09-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Force?

That would be like trying force a fish to swim.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Force? You get to ATL and we go! Pick a cuisine. I just saw a new Indian Grill opened up nearby.

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Force?

That would be like trying force a fish to swim.
LOL! See? He knows me. We've dined.

Tetra, better now than later to find out who cares about you.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Force? You get to ATL and we go! Pick a cuisine. I just saw a new Indian Grill opened up nearby.

LOL! See? He knows me. We've dined.

Tetra, better now than later to find out who cares about you.
Yay!!!