Notices

Here We Grow Again Weekender Feb 5 Pt 2

Old 02-09-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Safe at my desk. I think a hot chocolate is in order. No one will be in for an hour or so. The drive was rather pleasant. Mainers know how to keep the roads clear and they know how to drive in it so was as if a sunny day.

Talk later team!

K
Old 02-09-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Do your best

Enjoy your hot chocolate ken
Old 02-09-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Tetra
Any person, male or female or somewhere on the spectrum,
who dumps someone by text obviously needs to grow a (possibly metaphorical) pair.
My word, how worthless an act is that?

You're well rid of him and you are by no means alone.
You have many friends around the world who love you

Morning Weasel et al. . . hot chocolate sounds good...think I'll have one too--
Old 02-09-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
saoutchik

No snow in London, in fact it is just about nice enough to eat my lunch outside which is fortunate as I am taking some flack at work. I got a "one off" respray and decals while the boss was away and they were pleased with the result and price and this morning asked us to do another 15 BY SAT 20th! So it's all hands to the pumps and will mean some overtime but we are not THAT busy so it is do-able with a bit of effort. I might have chickened out of saying yes if the boss was still away. At least it means my spring bonus is as good as in the bag - I need the cash.

My Lancia has been trailered to a place called Rickmansworth in North west London for the upholstery work and I took delivery of 5 Pirelli Cinturato tyres at work so more expense

There is money in muck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160209_133133.jpg (54.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Do your best

The weather is awesome compared to yesterday going to take Glen out for his lunchtime walk

I was using mustard & mustard powder preparing dinner and now my eyes & nose are watering lol this is worse than onions

Have a nice day America & have a nice afternoon uk
Old 02-09-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sao - back when I was in the graphics industry, we used to print giant decals with which to "wrap" entire busses in advertising. It was my job to take the artwork others had created and prepare the files for our giant ink-jet printers. So I had to cut the artwork into panels we could print - vey complicated and not much fun at all. Especially when whatever graphic artist did the artwork did not follow our guidelines. But we made a whole bunch of money on them. So management and sales would always oversell them and promise ridiculous deadlines. I feel your pain.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning rogues!

((Tetra)) Good riddance but I know it still hurts.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Morning rogues! ((Tetra)) Good riddance but I know it still hurts.
Tetra - Brynn said exactly what I was thinking. It might be hard to see it while you are feeling rejected, but if he says he isn't ready, then you are better off to move along. I have spent years chasing a man who says he will never be ready, that he prefers to remain single. I didn't really believe him for a long time, because we did have quite a hot and heavy relationship for a time, and kept carrying a torch. The pain that has caused me is indescribable. I'd hate to see you do the same thing to yourself.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

good morning/afternoon/evening...

finished my oats and coffee, having a second cup. went lite today, only cup of oats with half apple - no walnuts today, but there are a couple grapefruit sitting there with my name on them...

it's snowing. it's one of those "isn't it pretty" snows. most snow from last event is almost gone. here's the kick in the pants... mrsLB parked the car in the garage with an inch of packed ice/snow on it when she got home last night... It's getting parked outside today...

my mind is constantly working, as soon as I woke up I had to write something on my pad, like when a songwriter gets an idea - actually last week I had to hurry to write down some lyrics...

this time it is job interview crap. "Name a time when..." questions. Been researching that nonsense as well. I look forward to telling them my proudest moment, uh, I got nothing...

later

Old 02-09-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Tetra, texting cowards are so not worth it. I know it hurts but you're better off taking care of you at the moment.

All this sunny London? I just read that storm Imogen is hammering the coast in England and Ireland. Lots of people without power. Obviously not affecting London.

Well done on the rush job, Sao! Hopefully it's a giant bonus.

Train in station and I'm prepping for my torturous walk. Only bad because no matter the direction, I'm walking into the cold snowy wind.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning!
I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and gearing up for the day. It's supposed to be in the 60'stodat, so that should give me a lift. Indian restaurant for lunch. Work til about 6pm. I am anticipating a great day.
but first dog walk!
Have a great day everyone. ...
tetra, move on to someone who deserves your time and attention.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

My life is pretty sad when the highlight of my week is getting a new electric kettle. I've never had one, but my mom does and I have liked using it when I'm there. I consider it a small luxury because, well, a teakettle on the stove works. But I like that it keeps the water hot for quite a while. Like a couple of hours. It was nice making coffee with it this morning, and just now I made some tea.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Total luxury and decadence MLD....I think it's wonderful that you treated yourself to an electric tea kettle. It's much healthier and more positive than a new wine glass. Enjoy every second.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

And it was half price.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Yow, Sao!

Nice job on the Muck Truck! I can already see your next Tee Shirt: 'WTM?'

When being driven all over Europe by some Large Account Manager, I would amuse myself by trippin' on how tricked-out Scania and other Trucks would be. Chassis Designers do an amazing job at packing the Truck operating essentials 'up front' in order to leave max room behind the Cab for Cargo, etc.. As I found out when driving our Rented RV onto Scottish Ferries, they charge by Vehicle length. So, the Commercial Truck Manufacturer that leaves the most space behind the Cab on, say, a 10 Meter-long Chassis has the proverbial Leg up in the Marketplace.

See some tricked-out Trucks here...

- Truck Decor @ Le Mans -

Steve Miller reworks an appropriately-titled old Do Wop Song at the legendary 'Winterland' in San Fran. Only ~42 Years ago...

- 'Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash' ~ Steve Miller Band - Live -
Old 02-09-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glens had his afternoon walk, dinner is almost done have a great day all
Old 02-09-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I like the tricked out trucks. They're cool.

I cheated and took the subway. One stop but I didn't have to struggle in the cold and snow.

Electric tea kettle is a nice thing. Enjoy!

I'm looking forward to lunch. We're having a lunch at the office. I should pick up something to share.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
My life is pretty sad when the highlight of my week is getting a new electric kettle. I've never had one, but my mom does and I have liked using it when I'm there. I consider it a small luxury because, well, a teakettle on the stove works. But I like that it keeps the water hot for quite a while. Like a couple of hours. It was nice making coffee with it this morning, and just now I made some tea.
I totally feel you, Marty! It's the little things! I'm shopping for another thermos pot so when I make the coffee I can bring the whole pot by the bed and it stays hot. Where I go, the coffee goes. Making our lives easier feels so strange when we were so dedicated to chaos for so long.

Tetra, I seriously know how you feel. And I wish there was a magic wand to make the pain go away. It's kind of shocking that people we love can hurt us so bad and be so callous, and the one person you want to get comfort from is the person that is acting like a total bumtron.

It's unfortunate that we can't speed this part of it up. Or make the bad feelings disappear. I can absolutely tell you what doesn't work and that is drinking.

xoxo
Old 02-09-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Not that you were considering drinking, I didn't mean to be condescending. But in case anybody else reading this is mentally going that route.

It sucks and is not a good time. It's terrible. Next time I want to go down a self destructive hole I'll clean my car out or some other such diversion that I hate and avoid.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Whenever I feel bad about stuff and start getting too much into my head, I realize it's a bad place to be, as far as a possible trigger goes. My head is a scary place sometimes. Still lots of bad stuff in there. So when that happens, I find something to do that I've been avoiding - like you said, Melina. Could be a closet that needs to be cleaned, a bill that needs to be paid, anything, really. It not only distracts me from the negative thinking, it gives me a sense of accomplishment that adds to my fragile self-esteem. Like a building block. It really makes a huge difference.