Notices

Here We Grow Again Weekender Feb 5 Pt 2

Old 02-09-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Tetra, it's better that you found out now,
rather than later, that this person is an invertebrate.
You're too good for that.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I forgot to take my notes to office max. But a pretty good memory having only written it down quickly last night and being able to tell the guy the model number etc. What's most important is remembering the website price was 10 bucks less than the store's sale price. I had them look it up and saved 10 bucks
It's amazing how the brain heals itself after getting sober.

MLD, I think one of them lectric tea pots would be good. It's what the wife used back home - most around those parts have one. Instead of turning on the gas and walking away and letting the teapot scream for minutes, then doing it all over again a half hour later. Yeah, good investment.

Time to set up a printer and get to 'work'.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Whenever I feel bad about stuff and start getting too much into my head, I realize it's a bad place to be, as far as a possible trigger goes. My head is a scary place sometimes. Still lots of bad stuff in there. So when that happens, I find something to do that I've been avoiding - like you said, Melina. Could be a closet that needs to be cleaned, a bill that needs to be paid, anything, really. It not only distracts me from the negative thinking, it gives me a sense of accomplishment that adds to my fragile self-esteem. Like a building block. It really makes a huge difference.
Love you so much, Marty. That really really helps.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Love you, too, sweetie.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I cannot take full credit for that suggestion. It comes from my guy friend. He may not be a good boyfriend, but he's a pretty great friend when it comes to suggestions like that. He has his share of demons, too.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Whenever I feel bad about stuff and start getting too much into my head, I realize it's a bad place to be, as far as a possible trigger goes. My head is a scary place sometimes. Still lots of bad stuff in there. So when that happens, I find something to do that I've been avoiding - like you said, Melina. Could be a closet that needs to be cleaned, a bill that needs to be paid, anything, really. It not only distracts me from the negative thinking, it gives me a sense of accomplishment that adds to my fragile self-esteem. Like a building block. It really makes a huge difference.
This is exactly what I do, too! It's why my house is completely organized...down to obscure drawers and under-bed organizers! I used to think it was because I was a compulsive perfectionist...and some of that might be true, but now I think its mostly a way to distract myself and feel like I've accomplished something!

I get a long lunch today and only have one errand to run! Might actually eat at the normal lunch hour! Woohoo!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ruby - we did get hit by storm Imogen on Monday, it was windy all day, not too much rain though

Marty, we do vinyl "wraps" as well - one of the few advantages of living in a cool damp part of the world is that they are easy to apply - they are much harder to do in the heat (they can "bubble" on a warm surface)

Here is one of our guys doing some lettering (it's not innit bruv who also does that job - for a start everything is spelled correctly )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160209_180053.jpg (35.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice pics Mesa - most of our work is just advertising so nothing that exciting - some of the movie ads are quite interesting

Incidentally that part of the larger Le Mans circuit, the Bugatti circuit aka La Sarthe is not far from where we watch the 24hr I have seen cars exceed 250mph in the past and once saw Alan DeCadenet (father of 90s wild child Amanda) crash at 250mph - he was unhurt but they altered the design after that to slow them down a bit
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

A lil Darwinian Award action on this Tuesday Morning...

- Storm Imogen Batters Couple -

I'm all over fussing with stuff, and arranging it. Calm - via orderliness - fosters Sobriety, I find.

MesaMate was off in another Town yesterday, getting her already-youthful Skin tweaked via some 'Photo Rejuvenation'. She booked. I Hand-washed a few Pots. Loaded and started the Dishwasher. Remembered to load in Night Stand Water Glasses, and Toothbrushes. I spent the next 2 Hours cleaning the Kitchen. Sinks. Then, Toilets. Then combining the various Dog Treats in different Bags into one Bag. Then, cleaning up under the Sink where that schitte is stored. Then, because I was gonna dump a lil bit of Household Trash by the Dog Park, remembering to bag the dead Mouse caught in 'her' Gym Complex. Then, cabling down and locking my Tool Boxes in the Truck Bed, since I was gonna be in The Big City. Also, they weigh down the Truck Rear End for better Driveway Snow traction. Then, remembering to grab broken Glass Debris I sealed up in an old Milk Carton. Then, emptying and folding one Dryer Load. Then, starting more Laundry.

Took me over 2 Hours just to get away to the Dog Park. Hee hee. Remembered to retrieve our Coffee Filter 'Cone' from our prior, tied-up small Bag of Trash left in the Trash Can there. MesaMate had thrown away the Cone Filter Screen with the Paper Filter and Coffee Grounds. Mission accomplished, since the City had not yet emptied that Trash Can. And, above is the abridged version of my Morning. Beats laying around, half-Comatose while Hammered, eh?...

Weekenders. As perfected illustrated in the Seinfeld Clip that LBrain posted above: 'The Thread About Nothing'.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dinner was awesome Glen is going on his third and final walk shortly hope everyone has had a good day or is having one or waking up
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Your shop brings back memories for me, Sao. We did all kinds of stuff - not much fleet work, really, except for the busses and some advertisements that went on a small fleet of panel trucks. We did mostly retail signage and museum display work. I miss it sometimes. I quit because the small company I worked was bought out by a much larger one and I hated the corporate culture there. It took longer to get a project into the works there than it had sometimes taken to do the entire project when we were a small shop. My customers were not happy at all.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Ahhh. It's Fat Tuesday. Mardi Gras. Which means I have the day off and I'm staying in, away from the parades. I am so sick of the masses of people and the stress and the unpredictability and the odd behavior of drunken and drugged up neighbors and patrons. My local pizza place starts delivering at 3pm, so I'm going to stay under the blankets till then, watch netflix, and then I'll indulge in my own way in some Fat Tuesday splendor. Tomorrow, the schedule goes back to normal and I get back in the studio. After I clean this house of course.
But no cleaning today. Only pizza and netflix.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day, Plenny!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I feel like such a fool.
I am not going to drink but I am waiting for everybody to go to bed so I can smoke and have a little cry in peace.

I might get my hair done at the weekend. Cheer myself up a little.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Tetra - you are not the fool, he is. Don't do that to yourself.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Yes, Tetra, you're not a fool. Don't beat yourself up over this because it's all on him.

Mesa, I think that couple was crazy to try taking pictures in that. Lucky not to have been killed. I love reading UK accounts of what's going on. The picture of the two guys frolicking in the waves in Cornwall who had been labelled "idiots." Well, they are idiots but that would never appear in 99% of US newspapers.

Enjoy, Plenny! Sounds like a good way to avoid the chaos.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

wow - this little printer is the katzazz,
insert 'ink' cartridge, load a couple hundred sheets of paper, fire it up, plug it into old laptop and it immediately began uploading software, messed up 'practice' print by selecting 'booklet'. And couldn't find the 'cancel print' button before it finished 18 sheets of 4 pages a sheet - it's pretty fast for a cheap home printer.
Anyway, it shoots out 80 page double sided manuals in about 2 minutes.

Then I printed up a bunch of electrical theory stuff like basic math skills - need a calculator for the trig..., phase angle calcs and all that jazz... guess I'll be doing some reading... and cypherin... picking up this printer was a gosh darn good idea...

The woman was "dazed and confused" (Mesa's news story). I guess so. Probably even before their little stunt...
I recall a few years back I was in Wildwood when the remnants of hurricane Irene came up the coast. I walked into the surf to get a pic of the waves crashing on the jetty. I caught a wave - or a wave caught me - while I had my face in the camera. It costed me a cell phone I had in my trunks. The saltwater destroyed it in about a minute. My next to last flip phone. But it wasn't even close to the nasty waves over there.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tetra
Old 02-09-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Plenny - enjoy your break

Tetra - Marty and Ruby are quite right - he is the fool and a cowardly one at that. Now is probably the wrong time to say it but you will meet someone better i'm sure

Marty you are perceptive about the larger companies dealing with smaller customers, they don't really care if the little guy gets poor service as they don't value their business to start with - strikes me that most large businesses in whatever field have the same attitude

Reading about some of those people in the storm the one that caught my eye was the RSPB guy who went put to rescue gannets stranded on some rocks - i'm no avian expert but I thought they lived on the sides of cliffs and so wouldn't need rescuing