Notices

Here We Grow Again Weekender Feb 5 Pt 2

Old 02-08-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

The puppy monkey baby gave me the creeps...
10.5 million for saying he was going to go drink a bud is ridiculous. I would have done it for a lot less.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Welp, I'm feeling mighty fine about my Decision-making after reading this Story. There's a Cheesehead joke in there somewhere.

'Whoops, I'm stupid!' ~ Steve Martin

- Drunk Couple Has 9 Year-Old Drive Until Arrested -
Oh, my. I saw that on the Wash Post website but didn't click on it. Too depressing.

From the It's a Small World (Especially in Wisconsin) Department:

The county in which that travesty unfolded is two counties north of the one where I grew up. On the paternal side, most of the fam is in that neck of the woods, including a cousin* who owns a bar in that county, along with her husband.

The hubby led an effort to secure special state funds for a "drunk limo" to take people home from the bars. How did those fund become available? Because that county has one of the most dreadful track records for drunken driving.** I'm not sure if the program still exists. State funding for many good things -- education, state parks, etc. -- has been slashed dramatically back in my beloved home state. (If we could talk politics on SR, I'd have plenty more to say about that. It's probably a good thing that our wise admins have a policy against that. )

* Sibling to my cousin who died over the weekend, following decades of alcohol and painkiller addiction.

** A few years back, it also had a whopper of a meth problem. Whether that has given way to a prescription painkiller-followed-by-heroin problem I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

So I wanted to share a little nugget of adventure that happened to me today...

I was at the police station with my brother, because some mad woman assaulted him the night before, but that's not the point. A very worn out guy appeared and sat among us, and this person was clearly a drug addict, he was speaking non sense and couldn't stand still. A few moments later the guy that came with him tried to calm the drug addict down by saying that he would get his "fix" at any minute and that it was very good "stuff". The weirdest thing happened because the guy got calm and I got triggered because I was sitting near him, and it seemed like the guy was talking to me. It took a good 2 minutes to calm me down and I can even say I had some cravings in this time. I'm not newly sober. That's some proof I don't need to hang around drinkers or drug users.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
The puppy monkey baby gave me the creeps...
Me too.
Can't unsee that.
My favorite commercials were the hot dog one and the sheep one.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

~ Sheep Ad For Honda Truck ~

~ Weiner Dog Ad For Heinz ~

Video Content may not play in all Countries...
Old 02-08-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Old 02-08-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I've had people working for me around my home for about 4 years now and sooner or later I find, people start to take the p*ss.

$100 here out of my purse or $100 here over charge. Happens to me all the fing time and I'm so over it.

It's like people just start to believe your money is their money and they have to even up the score.

Fed up and disappointed when trust gets broken.

Having tea and a curry.

My sister told me 'change your nanny and cleaner every 12 months and husband every 10 years'.

keep the nuggets honest.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

*i didn't use the word nugget.. Just so you know
Old 02-08-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Yes....the sheep ad was my favorite-
I had a half a piece of cake tonight to celebrate my 2 years. I tried to put the other half in the freezer but it ended up in the disposal since I have no self control. I would have eaten it and felt yucky.
I had a good day....but it's kinda odd that I talked to only one person about the 2 years. My old drinking buddy who quit also. Other than her, I really don't talk about it.
Ok...I'm going to sleep now. Good night all! Thanks for being here.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone
Old 02-08-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well I have been dumped for good this time. After all the drama and ups and downs.
No, I am not going to send him sweet e-mails. He is a loser and a coward who sent me a text while I was sleeping. I got all the usual: " I'm not ready for a relationship" (with you) and "it's not you its me" (in other words it's definitely you).

The funny thing is that he thinks I'm not good enough for him. Oh honey that's not true. You were not good enough for me.

And I'm just going to leave things the way they are. I need to focus on me for a while.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Happy Shrove Tuesday, Happy Pancake Day, Happy Super Tuesday

Welcome BlissWithin

Sorry to hear the news Tetra - I think you are better off without him though, as you say concentrate on yourself
Old 02-08-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post

You were not good enough for me.

And I'm just going to leave things the way they are. I need to focus on me for a while.
This is perfect, Tetra. I know it's not easy. You are awesome.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Tetra, you're a stunner honey.
A text? Fool.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:01 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy Shrove Tuesday Sao & everyone its pancake day isn't it il be giving up meat on fridays soon aswell as part of lent I might extend that to fasting
Old 02-09-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I've never felt so alone.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning all!

Tetra, He's a fool like Tree's said. It will feel lonely for a short while but think of how he treated you and you will bounce back quickly. Stay strong.

Snowed and I am torn with working from home or going in. I do so much better going in but why risk the drive? Eh? I will go in as no one is on the roads now and I can get twice the work done. Access to things I cannot get at home is needed today. Normally I wouldn't. Drat.

Off into the cold deep snow I go!

K
Old 02-09-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Morning all

Tetra, he is not worth your worries. It is always horrible to feel rejected, even if for the best, take some time for you and think of all the wonderful changes you have made to better yourself. Give yourself some time, and focus on loving yourself. I find that it is only when you are comfortable with yourself that you can find someone truly deserving of you.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

As usual I have procrastinated too long on my paper. Now, I have to teach all day, then finish it. The majority is done, so hopefully I can finish in a few hours when I get home. Why do I do this to myself every time?! Why?!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning.