Notices

Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until...

Old 09-11-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning team!!!!

Rainy and I love the sounds. Makes me want to stay in bed but I must face the day with wide eyes.

Good to know Dee is always around and will jump in on the weekender.

I will catch up during my day. Thanks for being here!

K
Old 09-11-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good morning Weasel! Yes the rain has come. It was much needed and hopefully cooler temps to come.

Have a great day!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Sober Enders! I'm excited like a little kid Christmas morning.....I'm heading to my favorite relax and fun spot in York, Maine I'm not a fan of lobsta' but do like other seafood so looking forward to yummy eating. There should be sun tomorrow and a few times of clouds and rain Sunday....but I will be sober and by the ocean so what more could I ask for?!

This will be my third visit to Maine sober. The first one was tough as I drank my way through the seacoast so had to figure out how to have fun without alcohol. The second was much easier as I had memories this time. This visit should be easy peasy....and more sober memories
Old 09-11-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Love Maine....don't know if I have mentioned that enough
Old 09-11-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
You must live in Chicago! <laughs>
Yes, she does! You must know your football! Pretty sure the Packers will have no trouble with the Bears on Sunday. Just a guess.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I forgot they were playing the Packers. That fact has been minimized in all the preparatory hoopla. And yes, Aarryckha, I do live in Chicago.

It's raining and cool here. Like Ken, I love the sound and would love to stay in bed but work and school call. I've heard that it may rain all weekend.

Behan, enjoy your day off.

SoberC, enjoy your Maine trip. Sober memories are best. They tend to stick longer.

Time to get ready. I'll check in later.

Good luck on your quest for blue paint, Mec. That's truly disappointing that your car got hit. Perhaps you know someone who does auto body work who can take a look.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Just realized it's the 11th. Never Forget.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend too!

Short day at work and then volunteering at my daughter's school.

It's great to be sober!!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Count me in for another sober weekend. I love that sober weekends are starting to feel normal!

I'm traveling this weekend, hitting Seoul like a tourist and checking out the DMZ. It still seems crazy to me that an area that is technically still a war zone is also a hot tourist spot... it will be an interesting and enlightening experience I'm sure.

Have a good one weekenders!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. I'm in again this weekend. Where were you 14 years ago today? Sept 11, 2001? A day that is burnt in my memory forever. I was at work watching all the events unfold live on tv. Today I say a prayer to all my fellow brothers and sisters who gave their lives trying to save others and to everybody who lost their lives that day. Let's pray it never happens again. Be safe this weekend.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I was driving to work. Heard it in the radio. When I got there everyone was glued to the TV. No one got any work done that day. Some of our sales reps were in NY and got stuck there. I was pregnant with my son. My boss sent me home because I couldn't stop crying.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I was at work and all I could think about was running home and hugging my family and saying prayers for everyone in the world.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I was in my car on the way to work. At first I thought it was a bad joke because it seemed too large to comprehend. Everyone at the office was glued to the television. People slowly left throughout the day because I'm in downtown Chicago and they were scared we'd be a target too but I stayed because I was going to a wake for a co-worker's son who was murdered. A small private tragedy overshadowed by a giant tragedy. Both equally senseless.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Prayers and good thoughts to all who lost love ones in the attacks and prayers for peace and unity today and always. A day for reflecting to be sure.

I had just left work and was in my car. It was my first nursing job and I worked the night shift at Baylor downtown. As soon as I got home I put my flag out and turned on the news. I gathered up every bit of red white and blue ribbon I had and started making bows for car antennas. Weird reaction but it was rote for some reason. My neighbors started coming around and we watched the news and made bows all day. Surreal.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Just letting you know I am still on the bus. Wishing everyone a Fun, Fabulous, Fantastic Friday.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Happy friday all.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Breakfast. Mmmm. Quiet music, no watching of the news, no crazy phone calls.

Today I think I'll drive up to the State Park that I love. I haven't been there since early Spring.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Right ! Off to a big yearly work function where the tables have been loaded with booze and the culture is for everyone to get sozzled off their face. So nowhere to hide and attendance compulsory. A bit of a tricky one, but mood is good, mindset is positive. The sober days after three months have really been great and there's a little voice in my head that's starting to tell me sweet little lies but I'm swatting it away....I'm really confident I don't need to do this but anyway...

For a little extra motivational arrow in my quiver. I'm pointing to left field and calling my play out here for everyone to see : "I will not drink any alcohol".
Old 09-11-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend! Thanks for this thread. Awesome posts by everyone.

14 years ago today........changed everything. God bless all those who lost loved ones in that awful disaster
Old 09-11-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey Troops ~

Happy Friday and all that as we ease into a Sober Weekend.

Turns out a couple of good Pals w/Wives are headed this way while going up to a remote Retreat to stay in a couple of Log Cabins. So, we're meeting them in the local Town for Lunch during their Drive-By.

The massive Tree for the White House Xmas a few years ago came from this Ranch they're headed to. After that, the Wood from it could be parceled out to non-profit endeavors. One such Project was this Fellow Hand-making a Guitar out of this rare, old Wood. Tighter Grain from Old Growth leads to more Tone and Sustain.

My 2 Pals have been pivotal in setting up the Colorado R&R Museum in an Outbuilding at our famous Red Rocks Amphitheater. A WPA Project from Decades ago to put Folks to work after the Depression.

So, this Guitar is being feted this Weekend at this remote Ranch Ceremony, and then put on Display at the R&R Museum. Neato stuff to have seen up close. For a Red Rocks overview, I linked Joe Bonamassa below at Red Rocks.

Below is the view from our Campsite over the Fence and Public BLM land. All ancient Seabed Uplift around here. Really a stunner!

- 'How Many More Years' - Joe Bonamassa ~ Live @ Red Rocks -