Notices

Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until...

Old 09-10-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I dont mind Brady, but Michael Vick is the creep who really stinks.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
I dont mind Brady, but Michael Vick is the creep who really stinks.
Yep, and honestly, that's probably why I'll be at least half rooting for the Patriots.

I'm a huge animal lover and when he came back to the NFL, everyone in my fantasy football league blacklisted him and no Eagles games were watched.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
...holds the key

My first full football season sober!
Sunday I'm having over the only two people I know who don't drink (or at least dont care if they drink) for the game. This will be the first alcohol free get together Ive ever had at my house! Kinda neat to focus on the menu instead of the booze for a change. I never ate when I was drinking anyway so the menu never mattered.

On the sharing thing.....don't you hate when you share something pretty personal and the other person doesn't respond? Yep....makes ya feel really good.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Joining you guys in spirit (non-alcoholic) but not in person this weekend as I will be HIKING! Yup, 3 days in NH!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 09-10-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Actually brynn, when I share something really personal it's usually to try to help someone else with some problem they are having and I don't want them to remember the details. Personal "shares" freak me out - even though I sometimes need to do it, I just wait for them to be used against me - you know, like they always are.

I've kind of learned not to tell anyone IRL anything I don't want on the evening news. Because, FFS are people indiscrete and insensitive.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Brynn...last season was my first football season after I quit drinking and I never thought I'd get through it sober. But I did. Your idea to have scrumptious football food is great. I used to make nachos, quesadillas, and all sorts of yummy things. I enjoyed the games more and felt great the next day. I intend to do the same thing this season.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Watching football sober is really more fun anyway. You actually pay attention and can keep track of what's happening. And remember it all the next day! This will be my first full sober season too. Go Pack, go!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Have fun hiking yogapants!

Bimini I'm generally very guarded with personal stuff, too. People can really suck sometimes.

Sweet dreams y'all!
Xo
Old 09-10-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It's football season already? Oh.

Just kidding. I listen to the radio news and all I've been hearing is football. Our season hasn't started but it's over already so I probably won't be watching. Can you tell I have complete confidence in our extremely overpriced and under performing quarterback?

MLD, I laughed out loud at organic toys handcrafted by nuns. You'll find something. And your daughter will find, much to her dismay, that her daughter will be reaching for pink princesses despite all her efforts to the contrary. Pickles will become a vegetable because she won't eat anything else green. And frozen chicken strips in the microwave replace lovingly handcrafted gently steamed vegetables and poultry.

Sao, the ride home was long but I'm taking a short day tomorrow to pick up the kids from school.

Maybe this weekend I'll finish fixing my comforter for my bed. It's cool out here.

SW, sounds like you had a good day. You're inspiring me to work out. I have heard that jack Russell terriers are tough. I'm glad no one, human or canine, was injured in the fray.

Time for bed. Ice cream eaten. See y'all later. Yogapants, enjoy the hike. Love NH.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I laughed out loud too MLD- about the toys crafted in a virgin forest etc
Old 09-10-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

I laughed too at your observations about the organic toys MLD. Kids have a way of undermining good intentions

It is going to be a busy day today, my customers don't get looked after when I am away which is annoying
Old 09-10-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks Ken..... the same to everybody here....
Old 09-10-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
It's football season already? Oh.

Just kidding. I listen to the radio news and all I've been hearing is football. Our season hasn't started but it's over already so I probably won't be watching. Can you tell I have complete confidence in our extremely overpriced and under performing quarterback?
You must live in Chicago! <laughs>
Old 09-10-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 09-11-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Mesa you made me laugh , long may your truck remain blue and shiny .. and long may your bed remain free from foreign effusions .

Off on the bike today to have a look at the local white vans, see if anyone has blue paint scratches , not many vehicles use rear lanes other than local people . the bin lorries / garbage trucks were the day before ..

Acceptance is taking hold , i am working hard on letting it go . These last two weeks , this month has been awful .
Why me ….. then again why not me , i'm just some person , just like everyone else on this planet .

Friday , Friday ,

m
Old 09-11-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Oh the country is starting to go nuts because of Ruby World Cup.
Everything is turning black to support the All Blacks. Pub ******** have been changed so we can now all drink at 5am to 'enjoy' the games.

Nuts.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Pub rules (is that better?)
Old 09-11-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Morning all. No work for me today.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Oh the country is starting to go nuts because of Ruby World Cup.
Everything is turning black to support the All Blacks. Pub ******** have been changed so we can now all drink at 5am to 'enjoy' the games.

Nuts.
Fakes mean 'a permit from an authority to own or use something, do a particular thing, or carry on a trade (especially in alcoholic drink)' is a bad spammy word.

D