Notices

Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until...

Old 09-13-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

NICE, Lunar!

Still have my first Vacuum Tube Ham Radio/Shortwave Receiver from age 12. Got lotsa Schematics I've kept in order to build a Tube Amp some day. Mebbe a Tube Theremin, too.

I'll check out that alt version of 'Sandman'. One of the best Metal Riffs ever laid down.

My Bass Stage Rig was a Music Man 'Stingary' from Leo Fender; after he sold Fender to CBS. A Gen I Nady Wireless. Roland Bass Preamp. Bi-Amped into a Kilowatt Hafler Amp. That into a Peavey Cab with 2 - 18s & 2 - 10s.

I still use that Hafler - from the Founder of 'Dynaco' - into E-V Studio Monitors.

'If it's too loud, you're too old...'
Old 09-13-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Ok. I'm done with the variety of music, here.
Being somewhat Sicilian, I love this one.
Jerry pee's off Bob Weir so badly, we have to laugh.

RIP Jerry.
And Nice Leslie!
Old 09-13-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Spades or bananas?

Vacuum tube eh? You have a pre amp with that

I am so jealous of you 'enders with pets. Hank and Grizelda are the nearest I get and we've never even shook hands (or wings)
Old 09-13-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Well, Sao, don't be jealous of my dog. He's cute, but a pain in the butt. Now my cats, on the other hand, they are keepers. What kind of birds are Hank and Grizelda?
Old 09-13-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I would love to have a dog.

Hank and Grizelda are Humboldt Penguins MLD. Sadly they are an endangered species due to overfishing

They are a monogamous couple who have been together since 2003. Grizelda doesn't know it but she has been on contraception for the last two years
Old 09-13-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Fell asleep early last night and slept in very late today. Oh well, if the body needs rest, gotta give it what it needs.

Managed to get some cleaning done and watched a bunch of football. One more game to watch tonight.

Fall sure seems to be looming in the air. I love the fall. Lots of fond memories of crisp air, changing leaves, sunshine, and quiet cups of coffee.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a wonderful Monday!
Old 09-13-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

My vacuum cleaner is dying. ..any recommendations? I usually get the basic sears canister.
nice day here...got tons done. Froze peaches, made peach cobbler in the crockpot and ate lots of it. Did a million errands.
watching football now-go Giants!
Old 09-13-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I love my Shark navigator vacuum. I think Della has one, too - not sure how she's liking it.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I love it! Best vacuum I have ever had and I have had Kirbys, Rainbows...etc. It is the easiest to use for everything. I can't thank Marty and Fandy enough for recommending them. I get mine on QVC with free shipping and 6 easy payments. I have 3 cats and a dog and unless you saw them you would never know I have them.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Worst headache I've had in a long time. Almost feels like a hangover headache. Only thing I can to is take some ibuprofen (done) and go to bed (almost done). Goodnight friends.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Take care, MLD.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Late check-in here. No big news on the homefront - although I DID successfully find a way to order a package from Amazon in the USA and have it delivered right here to my town shipping center. Only took me a year to figure that one out. I got solar-lights to stick into my potted plants on my terrace upstairs (not a huge $$$ investment in case the package didn't arrive). Anyway, they did, and they look amazing up there at night. The ladyfriend and myself spent an hour up there last night in the dark just chatting and marveling at how nice it looks. Enjoyed a couple restaurants and long walks in the colonial town the past few days. I also will finally get my truck back in a couple of days, as I visited the mechanic yesterday and inspected the new engine that's arrived from Guatemala City. At long last! It's only been a month! Jeez, louise. So to recap the weekend: the truck is coming home, the Amazon.com order was a success, I walked around a lot and enjoyed being in the outdoors. No drinking, per usual. Not gonna happen.

My father comes to visit in 3 weeks, should be fun. Off to bed in a couple of hours, enjoying the return of football today! Be well, gang.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

My mother in law was over today. She was drinking some cabernet sav. I saw it all alone on the counter. My first thought was to pour a glass. The urge was minor but I felt a light tug. Anyway I quickly thought the better of it.

These days the cravings are random and minor.
Enjoyed some football. DA bears played better then I thought they would. It was nice doing stuff after the game vs being wasted. I enjoyed the beautiful day. Ready for Monday. Take care!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better MLD....sounds like a bad headache.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Night night, MLD, I hope you feel better.

Marvel Universe Live with my little boy was so much fun! We had a wonderful time.

When we got home for dinner, I majorly stuffed myself to the point I can barely keep my eyes open. I don't want to deal with the H in HALT anymore, I do it to myself constantly and I'm just asking for trouble.

Everybody thinks chefs eat so great but we don't all the time....At work I'm constantly tasting food and sauces, it makes me rarely feel hunger bc it's just enough food to trick me. But then I get headaches, fatigue and major hanger bc it's not often I eat a whole meal. I try to shoot for at least once a day, but sometimes it's just coffee and little nibbles of things.

I'm enjoying this relaxed, tired and very full feeling. It's quite nice!

I'm going to have chamomile and start watching Narcos on Netflix when everyone gets in bed. I heard it's awesome.

Sleep tight everyone! Thank you for another wonderful weekend! I appreciate you all and I'm grateful to be sober with you all!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. No one killed the thread. I was at my parents all afternoon and forgot my phone at home. After the initial panicking withdrawal, I did fine.

Tetra, I'd guess that your aunts are a combination of jealousy and fear. Those two things sometimes cause people to act meanly. Will your aunts stay in your gran's house? Or will it need to be sold?

I know nothing about dogs and training them. I hate it though when my cats stare intently at something apparently over my shoulder that I can't see.

Melina, that sounds like a great day. I understand about the eating thing. I nibble all during the day but don't generally sit for an actual meal, then wonder why I'm hungry. I have to be more mindful of food.

MLD, I hope your poor head feels better. Ouch.

Della, I'm glad you feel better.

I'm off to bed. I'm tired.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds like everyone had a good Sunday.
Hope you feel better soon, MLD.
Sweet dreams y'all!
Xoxo
Old 09-13-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Monday here we go,

I hope your migraine has gone by the time you wake up MLD
Old 09-14-2015, 01:50 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning!!!!

Busy work week. Pace myself. Compartmentalize and breath. Simple. See.

Feel good this morning. Ready for a new weeks beginning.

Thanks for being here!

I will check in later when I need a break.

K