Notices

Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until...

Old 09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sorry to hear it JS ,
i had a vehicle hit my parked car and drive off this morning . I only found out when i went out this afternoon .
I drive with a £500 excess and could claim for repairs but that and the loss of my no claims would add up to far more ..
It's really inconsiderate , other peoples inconsiderate actions are probably the worse thing for getting me in a stinky mood . slightly more care and forethought and my car would have been fine , is not hard to turn left in the service lane where my garage is and exit 20 yards further along .
my nice shiny £7000 car in 10 months now looks like a dog

Really exercising my tolerance and equanimity in the face of a rubbish month so far ..
The cat pee'd all over my bed yesterday too , only found out at bedtime when i put my head on a damp patch . He got the quilt , the pillows and sheets all in one go …

gahhhhh ! grrrr !

cheers happyandfree , it's not just me TQ

m
Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your car. I get around London by bike which on the whole suits me OK. I heard the other day that the population of London has increased by a million in the past ten years which explains the madness.

My wife's out tonight having dinner with girlfriends. I did have a bit of an urge to go out to a noisy pub by myself but I decided against it. There's plenty of nice social activites in my life without the need to drink again.

One of the things that I want to do is to get a long stretch of continuous sobriety. Generally I get two or three months and then have a "little relapse". That's not going to happen this weekend, guys.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi endless , thanks ,
i think at 3 months or so alcohol was still playing with my physiological well being .
A depression or more accurately a dysthymia i had only cleared after 6 months or so .. it's definitely worth having a long run of sobriety .. you know the story if you drink .. you don't know the story if you have a year or 18 months sobriety .

keep on

m
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yes good point, M. And I just shared on another thread, it's nice when people trust you which they won't do if you slip every few months.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Ah trust. I think that's one of the biggest things keeping me sober. I really want people to trust me again. I lost the trust and respect of a lot of people. It's starting to come back, slowly. Sometimes I get impatient and feel like "hey, I'm sober now, trust me already!" But I realize it will take time. They can't just flip a switch. Nine months in, and like I said, slowly but surely.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Sorry to hear it JS ,
i had a vehicle hit my parked car and drive off this morning . I only found out when i went out this afternoon .
I drive with a £500 excess and could claim for repairs but that and the loss of my no claims would add up to far more ..
It's really inconsiderate , other peoples inconsiderate actions are probably the worse thing for getting me in a stinky mood . slightly more care and forethought and my car would have been fine , is not hard to turn left in the service lane where my garage is and exit 20 yards further along .
my nice shiny £7000 car in 10 months now looks like a dog

Really exercising my tolerance and equanimity in the face of a rubbish month so far ..
The cat pee'd all over my bed yesterday too , only found out at bedtime when i put my head on a damp patch . He got the quilt , the pillows and sheets all in one go …

gahhhhh ! grrrr !

cheers happyandfree , it's not just me TQ

m
Oh no!!! Thats horrible!

Yes it puts me in a bad mood too when people are inconsiderate, I just went out to do a work errand, someone cut me off in traffic and I lost it a bit- honked the horn about 5 really long times at them- they probably thought i was going to get out of my car with a gun the way I overreacted....
Old 09-10-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Whoa, I'm having a superb day!

No one has hit my pretty-new, blue Truck.

Don't have a Cat, so no Cat Whiz in my Pillow. Life be good!

At the local Library so Da Wife can book Air Fare to go on some Hoidy Toidy Retreat in N. Cal next month with her sotted Drinking Gal Pal at some Conference. Me and Da Pooch - both Sober - in the Trailer then... Regarding the new Trailer, she keeps saying 'there's no going back'. For me, there's no going back to Alcohol-infused RV Camping. These few recent days this Trip sans Alcohol simply not being around are mighty fine days.

Campfires. Meeting a few of the sparse RV Neighbors. Insanely gorgeous Weather. Day Trips like the Waterfall spot below just up the Road. Where an old Hydro Electric Plant used to be eons ago. Hence, the diversion of the single Falls into 3 Falls, according to the explanatory Placard. Not much Fishin' happenin', but I don't care.

We're into giving away Guano as fast as we can as we unpack into the new House. Feels good. We prefer Senior Hospice Thrift Stores, having seen all they do for Oldsters like our Parents.

- 'Give It Away' ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers -

Old 09-10-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Lovely view Mesa.

Mecanix, I'm sorry your Soul was crushed. I couldn't resist that. What a drag. That and the cat.

Sao, a charity is a great idea for your trousers. At least you probably had a pair of trousers on when you arrived at the office so they can laugh all they want.

MLD, just don't go buying an xbox for your granddaughter. My mother in law. Sheesh. And so it began.

I/m in my office and the rain that Melina previously mentioned has spread over the city. Snarling traffic. Going home is not going to be fun. It's also very cool out now and I don't have my raincoat. Ah, I won't melt.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you still have water Mesa. Is it still drought in California?

Real sorry to hear about your bank account being hacked bodhi - i'm sure the bank has to make restitution/cover commitments etc but I guess it takes a while. I agree that it is infuriating. It happened to me in mid January (same time I joined SR). They didn't get anything fortunately as the bank was suspicious. Still had to change cards and numbers etc ( had they have succeeded they would have been extremely disappointed - who hacks an account after christmas? dumbasses.

Annoying about your car - I don't suppose there were any witnesses or CCTV?

You're a brave one Endless, i'm way too scared to cycle round London

There is a slightly funny smell outside - someone needs to take a good look at the drains (someone other than Saoutchik )
Old 09-10-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope your commute isn't too bad Rubes
Old 09-10-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wow... Watching Ellen. She has a stage in Rockefeller center at the back doors of the plaza. I used to go in and out of those doors for the years I worked there. So cool the history of that place. Ellen is amazing.

Anyway... I am super grateful today. I really am. Highs and lows. Cherish both. It's not easy when you feel comfortable low and scared as hell high. Will there ever be a middle? Being sober makes the extremes seem normal. Drunk I would have neither. Just a sad flat line.

Hang in there M!!!!

K
Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Guys, I've had a good day mostly I had a therapy session this morning which went well except my current therapist is leaving & I have to wait for a call from the new therapist

Also sorting out lots of options with the job/courses/volunteering ppl I'm in touch with

I done loads of exercise today in the awesome weather my dog got into a very brief fight while out today we saw a cocker spaniel dog approaching us the owner had let it off the leash it came over & growled at my Jack russell & went for him

My dog then snapped at its ears and basically started to tear in at this point me & the other owner are trying to separate them lol I blame the other owner for letting it off the leash and letting it approach my dog in the way it did don't worry I never let my dog fight etc he's not even a foot tall but he will defend himself & he did so very well today

Hope that dog thinks twice before trying to bully another dog because my dog will never be bullied he has no fear whatsoever which isnt a good thing lol

Then tonight my dad rings me up I think he wants me to collect a unpaid debt I asked him to stop drinking

So yeah a good day lots of exercise but TGIF tomorrow

Old 09-10-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Oh, no Xbox for the g daughter. Daughter does not want her having anything like that, ever. For now, only toys made of wood cut from virgin forests handapainted by nuns. Or books that have no Disney characters or gender bias. Or clothes made from organic cotton. Sigh. Maybe someday she will lighten up a little. Or maybe not. I can adapt.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Cool pic MM-sounds like you are in RV heaven!

Sorry about the car trouble Mex. Why does being behind a wheel turn some people into complete d**ks!!! Or maybe they are always like that.

You are doing great MLD. More trust will come with time.

I hope you get a new therapist soon Wolf.

Have a good day/evening everyone else, home already or commuting.

B
Old 09-10-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Soooo excited!!!

Football season starts tonight!!

I am disappointed that it's the Patriots playing the Steelers though. I really despise Tom Brady and Ben RoethsOMGHOWLONGISMYNAMEberger.

Should I be more cheering for a cheater or a rapist?

<ponders>
Old 09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm enjoying everyone's posts....lovely pics, Mesa and red hot chili peppers aren't bad either.
So much to comment on...organic Cotten, smelly drains, forgotten trousers, theives and hit and run drivers, (sorry you two), new therapists (good luck wolfie), gadgets, Patriots and steelers (gag), rain.....but I'm in the waiting room at drs. Office and don't want to start a rant I can't finish.
Xoxo
Old 09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hahaha Aarryckha....

My full name has 17 letters in it. My nephew has more than in the alphabet. Who else has a super long name?

Clearly I know nothing about football but even I think Brady stinks.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm excited about football - very. But Patriots and Steelers? No thanks. I'll be hiking.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I am in for the weekend!!! It's been a quick week with the Monday holiday. Have to keep going one day at a time. It's where I am at.
Lilly
Old 09-10-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hahaha Aarryckha....

My full name has 17 letters in it. My nephew has more than in the alphabet. Who else has a super long name?

Clearly I know nothing about football but even I think Brady stinks.
<counts the letters>

My full name is 23 letters. Good thing my last name is on the short side!