Notices

Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until...

Old 09-16-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Tetra, I was at a point once in my life when I thought things would never get better, career-wise. They did. Hold on to hope. It has a way of prevailing.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sweet dreams y'all!
See you tomorrow on the new bus!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 09-19-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

I just wanted to share that I am in the semi finals in a recipe contest,not sure if I am allowed to say the sponcer name so will just say Jenny C. It is a pretty big deal for me they only picked two employees out of 48states so yea me, but I know without this community of support that helped me to be 5months sober I never would have even bothered to enter this contest because I would have been to busy drinking and then passing out by 7:00 in the evening instead of thinking of healthy recipes to try. I just want to say thank you all,and I did it because this site has helped me to stay sober . You really do make a big difference.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Everyone. Starting Day 13 here.

That is AWESOME Peppermint Patty about your success in the recipe contest. Keep us posted.

I don't have much planned for today, so I have to make a plan real quick! I cleaned my house in the last few days. (Suppose I could start again). I've been meaning to clean my downstairs windows. We have acid rain here and so every time it rains, it leaves spots on the windows to where after a couple of months you can barely see out of them. I've cleaned them 3 times since May. Anyway, I have to find something to keep me busy today. I want to do something fun.

We all seem to be gaining a little bit of strength and though still struggling, are feeling a bit better. Wishing all of you a happy, alcohol free day.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I hate carpeting. I wish I could afford to rip it all out and put down wood floors.
I had hardwood floors in my former house. They were the original floors in a house built in 1913. We live WAY in the north (near the Canadian border), so in the winter, the house always seemed cold. Presently in our new place, we ripped out old carpeting and put down soft cushy carpeting in all the rooms except the kitchen and baths. It keeps the house much warmer, though it seems carpeting is more work than hardwood floors. I think the hardwood was MUCH prettier though.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

I love hardwood floors also but hubby does not says his feet get cold.