View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Wow, Big, that looks like heaven on earth. I have decided I'm moving to somewhere in Central America when (if) I retire. Not sure where yet. I'll have to dust off my Spanish.
Sorta like heaven on earth. Of course, it's a selective shot....you don't see the dirt roads and abject poverty one has to navigate through to get to such places. But hey, I like to try to keep my pics positive though - especially here on SR! If we can capture beauty in a moment, why not focus on the positives in our lives as opposed to the negatives? Us alcoholics often dwell to heavy on the negatives. Most ex-pats find Costa Rica's Pacific region to be their best starting points. I'd certainly at least recommend a vacation to CR or Guatemala to get the feel for it! C'mon down, the water's always warm and there are two coasts if one doesn't suit you.

Ruby, glad your dad is getting better, sorry to hear about his health issues. Never fun to have a family member in a crisis, big or small. You seem to be managing well as you juggle the kids as always, as many have said to you here: you're amazing!

Exhausted. Car blew up today on the way home and I spent 4 hours waiting for mechanic and then tow-truck. I'm out $100 and the fix hasn't even been assessed yet. But....in keeping with the positive theme, it's no big deal in the big picture. I have my sobriety, my job, my health and my positive relationships in place. The rest is window dressing and can be taken care of. Can't wait to hit the hay, which I will do promptly. Ciao, gang!