Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-05-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I like Brawny too....for strange misguided childhood reasons....but I've been feeling guilty about creating so much trash with disposable stuff.

Weasel...I have to say....you eat really good! Your concoctions always sound tasty!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
I like Brawny too....for strange misguided childhood reasons....but I've been feeling guilty about creating so much trash with disposable stuff.

Weasel...I have to say....you eat really good! Your concoctions always sound tasty!
Thanks! I am a foodie but not one that worries if everything is perfect. Just love food. I want to take classes but have not found any that I can attend yet. Guess I should try a little harder too. Lol

I just got a bunch of cool cheeses and am having a small plate now. Mmmmm

K
Old 07-05-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I buy stuff from thrift stores. It irritates me to pay full price for casual clothes. So thank you, gettingsmarter
I get ridiculously excited when I find something at the thrift store that would have been enormously expensive retail.
And, I don't feel guilty when I take scissors to thrift store clothes to make them just that much better.

Although, once I donated a giant bag of clothes to the Goodwill and then the following week while shopping there I saw this cute black sweater....took me a minute to realize it was one that I had previously donated. Almost bought it twice.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Olive, I recently over-modified a thrift store tee shirt and now it's too short to wear in public.

Moar PJ tops for the win!!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Olive, I recently over-modified a thrift store tee shirt and now it's too short to wear in public.

Moar PJ tops for the win!!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Happy Monday morning
Old 07-05-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I too love thrift stores, when I first split with ex and he refused to give me anything after I moved out, thrift stores saved my life! And CL helped.

Weazel - I am completely obsessed with cheese. Any cheese! And any potato based. If I could live purely on potato and cheese I would, but it would not do my waist line any good. Mr. Fireman has already referred to me as Ms. potato ***** (in a joking fashion) as I could not decide between all the delicious potato based options on the menu!
Old 07-05-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I found a beautiful polka dotted teapot in a thrift store just a few days ago. Looked brand new, never used. I always find a good selection of books there too.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I found a beautiful polka dotted teapot in a thrift store just a few days ago. Looked brand new, never used. I always find a good selection of books there too.
And dog blankets and the best few dollars I ever spent AC unit.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Dog blankets - great idea!

We get all their stuffed toys from there. A bag of beanie babies for $4. She loves them. Her favorite toy, Gator, came from the thrift store.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!!

Chilling out on my evening, back to work in the morning, though this is my last week in my current job before changing roles, feeling both excited, sad, nervous and happy all in the one go, it's kinda strange!!

Anyone else following the women's soccer World Cup?!! . . . England finished 3rd place last night and USA plays Japan in final tonight, gonna try and see at least the 1st half, I'm rooting for the USA!!

Old 07-05-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Reminds me of any number of really poor decisions I made while Hammered. My Theme Song is linked below...

'Devon Staples had been drinking with his friends when the incident occurred...'

- Maine Man Dies Instantly After Lighting Firework Mortar On Head -

Ironically, before I read this Story, I took this Pic of an expended Firework down at the Dog Park. It's about the size of a Pop Can. Serious stuff! The insides were nearby. They looked like 4 small Cigars banded together. The sides were burned through; not the tops. So, this might have been a 'misfire'. Hopefully, all are well...

In other News, we'll definitely be watching Football tonight. Da Wife is a Lifelong Jockette, and former HS Volleyball Coach/Beach Player. Immune as I am to pervasive Profanity, it should be a fine Evening. There's a first time for everything, and this won't be it.

From my Travels there, I've observed that Japanese Training & Discipline is near-fanatical. Training Regimens that would generate Lawsuits here. Should be a good Match...
- 'Get Lucky' ~ Daft Punk

Old 07-05-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

It's becoming clear that I really need a place of my own.

Eveyone around me seems to be constantly in bad form and it is really dragging me down.

My family are going away next week and asked me to book flights. I was informed of the very specific travel dates and flights were duly booked by me.

Now I hear that my aunt was moaning that the price was too high and she tried to cancel but the airline wouldn't let her.

Next time they can book their own damn trip!!

P.S. Good luck PK, that's great news
Old 07-05-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Off out for a hike then a BBQ at sober friends house now! Looking forward to getting out, I have a habit of being a hermit, and need to make sure I get out once in a while. I am hungry now, so am sure after a hike I will eat everything in sight
Old 07-05-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Evening all,

Had a nice, chilled day here. After brunch, we took a nice long walk exploring our new environs. Our local park has an avery, with exotic birds from all over the world. Then to the marina and coastline, which has a victorian era fun park. Spent the rest of the day watching TV and eating good food. Going to hit the hay soon.

Take care y'all.

B
Old 07-05-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Ken for another great weekend thread
Old 07-05-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

I'll be reading To Kill a Mockingbird for the second time over the next week. Go Set a Watchman will be published on the 14th. Should be delivered by Amazon Prime same day. I'm not really excited. Mostly curious.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

(((Tetra)))

Welp... Thank you.

Waaaa....waaaa... Love work and so excited to get there. Ok.... I might be odd.

K
Old 07-05-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Welp, Tetra, 'Joke 'em if they can't take a ....'-)

A thankless Task you got sucked into. I researched all my own Flights - both high Dollar Biz and Personal Trips - on 'Orbitz'. Lotsa results on one Webpage.

For things like Hotels on my own Nickle, I use Orbitz. Then, I call the Hotels directly. That way, you can cancel w/o Penalty right up until 18:00 hours the same night. Not so when Booked through Third Party Websites like Orbitz. Also, some Hotels that accept Dogs have a 20 lb. Pet Weight Limit that doesn't work for us. You find out such trivia by direct convos. I sometimes do a Google Earth Street View Drive-By to see if the Joint is up against Railroad Tracks, etc..

The upside: consider this a Lesson you don't have to learn again.-) As with about all your Posts, you handled this one with superior Grace.

2 - 0 already only minutes into the Soccer Match. Advantage U.S...
Old 07-05-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

FAN, you are my Father.