Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-04-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to watching the Boston Pops tonight.
It has become a tradition at my house to do this every year.

A lot of folks don't know that they actually start broadcasting them live an hour before they go nation wide. Some of the music is a mix of Gospel and non traditional patriotic hymns.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi solarion!

Bim that made me giggle! Ha!

Hippo....is that what you've decided for your cards?

Sounds like a nice tradition Bob!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yeah, Brynn. It's not as nice as the pricier ones from Moo, but it's 500 for $13 on some type of linen card stock. It's kind of cute. I like the colors. And they made it next to impossible to copy the pic link.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Well, you can't beat the colors.

<<~~~
Old 07-04-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hippo...it's cute and the price is right! Nice!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Now I'm second guessing it. I changed card stock from standard to linen, and for 50 it's $13 with the promo code. For the snazzier Moo cards, it's 50 for $19.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Good morning, still. The fireworks last night were good. I enjoyed them. Kids had fun.

Got up this morning and spent a bit of time clearing weeds along my fence and cutting small trees before they're too big. It's a big job as the yard has been completely neglected. Resting now.

I've also been going to more AA meetings. Just feels right. More for the camaraderie but I've been slacking on taking care of my sobriety.

I like the more expensive typewriter cards. I think it says writer more than tablets or computers. Pens? Nah. I used to write everything by hand. journals letters, papers. Now if I write a page my hand hurts. My kids have the same problem. Sigh. At least their school does teach cursive.

BigS, how goes the eruption?

LA, I hope your son is OK and you straighten out the mess with ex. Scary

Time to go see what's going on inside. Don't know what we're doing today. Bought steak for the grill but yard is pretty bad
Old 07-04-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Happy 4th July to everyone celebrating it today!!

Old 07-04-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Yes bigS how goes the volcano?

SpberP... Consider that this card might be the only thing a customer might see of you. Consider that they may have this somewhere they see often with other numbers they may need to reference. Consider that it may be a first impression. See if skimping is good or necessary still. Then strike a balance between style, function and price that suites you.

Lunch was ok. Think I will hold off on any more Nosh meals for a bit. Heavy.

Della.... You said the absolute right thing. I once had this date that stayed for the night. I let him bring his Great Dane in the house and stay. What wuz I thinking. At some point I agreed that the dog can sleep in the room with us. Suddenly I realized the dog had more bed space than me. We never saw each other again.

Home relaxing. Gonna nap so I can make it until 9:15 for fireworks. Portland was empty when I park d at 10:30. Packed when I left at 12:30. Gonna be a zoo later. I already decided to park way down from the fireworks and walk my way in town.

I agree with bigS... Stay sober. This is just like any other day. And don't let the frenzy of people who will regret their choices influence you.

Just think of all the folks who woke this morning in the drunk tank or will tomorrow. I woke there twice. Once in my own cell as I needed a lot of time to sleep it off. Horrible feeling and none of you in the sound of my voice need anything to do with that. You have the strength to not drink.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I like the more expensive typewriter cards. I think it says writer more than tablets or computers. Pens? Nah. I used to write everything by hand. journals letters, papers. Now if I write a page my hand hurts.
I agree. Definitely the typewriters, and not so much the pens, notebooks, or computers.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
SpberP... Consider that this card might be the only thing a customer might see of you. Consider that they may have this somewhere they see often with other numbers they may need to reference. Consider that it may be a first impression. See if skimping is good or necessary still. Then strike a balance between style, function and price that suites you.
Yep. I tend to agree, Ken. My husband leans toward saving money, but I explained it this way ... it's not going to be often I hand out a card. Do I really need 500 cards (I can always reorder)? Probably not. Do I need to make a great first impression? Absolutely.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Got up this morning and spent a bit of time clearing weeds along my fence and cutting small trees before they're too big. It's a big job as the yard has been completely neglected. Resting now.
Great job, Ruby
Old 07-04-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hippo.....go with your gut.

Just sprayed some Gain scented Febreeze...love that stuff!

Neighborhood kids are outside doing those popper things on the sidewalk. Have you ever noticed kids don't feel the heat or cold like adults? The sidewalks sizzling and they're barefoot! I guess I used to be the same back in the olden days...
Old 07-04-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

The sizzling sidewalk burned my rear end through my shorts the other day when I sat down to weed the mailbox garden I certainly noticed it. Don't know how the kids do it barefoot.

There's a Febreeze spray for bed linens called Sleep Serenity with lavender. I got it last week. So nice! The dogs even seem to like it.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I have that scent but it's the air freshener. They also have the sleep serenity milk and honey that's really good.

Solarion....enjoy your time in France! I'll wave a sparkler for you tonight!
Old 07-04-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Cooking hot dogs grilled not boiled and having a cranberry w club soda. Put on Dusk Till Dawn and dehoarded 2 rooms of my house. So glad I'm not a useless drunk stump right now.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! Way to go GS!

I was just wondering how the de-hoarding was going!
Old 07-04-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Way to go, GS
Old 07-04-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Glad everyone is doing well I had a nice long bubble bath, needed to loosen up the stress muscle knots! Son is doing ok, spoke to him this morning and he is just mad the police officers did not demand he get ice cream per his request when they arrived at dads house! Clearly in son's mind the only reason the police were there was because dad refused to let him eat ice cream at 10.30pm! I love the fact my son is not phased by anything! The police actually entered the house through the garage as my ex refused to open the door.

So, now I am chilling out, watching a movie and breathing again.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

la - now that's what I call a sticky situation. I hope it all works out alright. I'd be a bit concerned myself. Something doesn't sound right there...

Anyway, another day I did zero miles. Had my blueberries and cheerios with yogurt for bfast. Suddenly I realize I am hungry. Because I spent the entire day so far researching a "trip to maine". I recall five years ago starting in February looking for accommodations in Yellowstone for August.

Mrs thinks, yeah lets just go up and camp in Acadia. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! The thousand other people who wanted to camp in acadia made reservations months ago...

Looks like I have a place to stay every day except on the 8th. I called a motel in south portland and "Peggy" said they were full and also 90 bucks a night.
Not worrying about it. Camping on some island on casco bay for 3 nites then camping in a motel near bar harbor for a couple nites. Sheeeeeeeet, I found a motel that cost 5 dollars more than a campsite - with a full kitchen ($20 more) and a second floor deck with a gas grill to use. 2 miles from acadia nat park. Not on the water, but a place on the water is triple. Basically a furnished apartment for 85 bucks a nite. Not on the website - special call em and ask a lot of questions deal.
So it looks like I must get the camping gear ready. Not taking kayaks of bikes. Travel lite as possible and rent kayaks on Hermit Island.