Old 06-18-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Scram

I am in.

This will be my first sober weekend in maybe 6 years, possibly 7? May need to lean on you guys a little for this one. I have already reached out to a few good friends, one with 5+ years of sobriety. I have also reached out to a friend with almost 30 years of sobriety, and he has said he would be my sponsor. He returns this weekend, and I suspect we'll meet at some point, likely Sunday? I have plans to go to a movie tomorrow with my friend who doesn't drink and knows of my decision. Decision's a weird word to me. I would like to call it "Absolutely necessary requirement to remove alcohol from my life because I am a 35 year old man who is so enslaved to that scary toxin that I would do things like sift through a movie theater garbage can hoping that a stranger discarded a bottle of liquor that wasn't quite empty because I already finished mine and there's still like 45 minutes left and how am I supposed to get through?!?!?". Or something like that.

Just thinking of a whole weekend freaks me out. But I'm committing. Please keep me accountable. I'll get through it one step at a time. Sorry for the ramble..