Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-19-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Well this sucks.

For the first time in my life I want to do the right thing. I want to not drink. I want to have a good life and do everything the right way. I want to take my medication the way I'm supposed to and not be abusing it. And it's going well. So I packed my suitcase and bought a cake and a gift and a Father's Day card for my dad. I arrived back at my parents and we had a nice time. My mother thanked me for everything and was glad I came home "because I brighten up the house". My dad even said he was happy I had a nice time in Dublin last weekend.

Now I discover I left my medication at my Grandmothers. I'll be worrying all night now. My dad says I'm being ridiculous. I'm on such a low dose that nothing is going to happen. I only had problems when I was taking too much and coming down off it. He said I'll be fine for one night and I can collect it tomorrow.

I worry way too much.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm glad you had a good time Behan.

I had my first sober work night last weekend. It went well.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Thanks Tetra.

Hope things are ok with the med situation. We worry about stuff that is important to us. Sounds like you are taking your sobriety and wellbeing seriously - which is great! Maybe you could get temporary meds from chemist?

B
Old 06-19-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Try and relax tetra...your dad's right, one night will be fine. Glad you're having a nice time at home. Focus on the nice visit and tell yourself you can worry later.

Behan...I love your post. The thought of drunken shenanigans at a work event makes me cringe! No worries for you tonight! Glad it went well!

I got to see my godson today! I've started a collection of toys over here for him and at four months he's already got his favorites. (He's very advanced, of course!)

Sao.....I'll be studying Library Science. Hippo...what will you be studying?

I invested in some citronella plants for the patio and so far I've only gotten one mosquito bite since I've been out here so they might actually be working?!?! Fingers crossed!
Old 06-19-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

If I was really stuck I know that my aunt would give me a prescription but she really prefers her family to have our own GPs.

Anyway, these are my weekend plans

On a different topic, the bookstore I went into earlier was full of young women buying the new Fifty Shades of Grey book. And no, I did not get it
Attached Images
Old 06-19-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hey *jumps on board* better late than never...
Old 06-19-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi learning!

Tetra I was not a fan of the 50 Shades series. Have a lovely weekend.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Am I late to the party, or has this band just been under my radar for all this time?!!

Old 06-19-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Happy Friday to weekenders new and old.

Used the truck a couple times today, drove into town to pick up supplies on a quick work break, then stopped out at the plant nursery after work. Got a really new cool green jumbo vine thingy to replace my old purple elephant ear thingy. I am working on adding more leafy vines and creeping shade plants to my "reading balcony" off the bedroom. It's nice to lay on the bed on lazy afternoons and enjoy the greenery outside the open window, and now these vines will be crawling the walls. It looks great but I made a mess, hope it rains tonight to clear all the dirt off the patio. I plan on reorganizing some of my plants up on the roof as well, but not until July. I am currently growing some cool seedlings that need some time to develop. It's gonna be a fun and colorful project.

Watching baseball in t-minus 10 minutes. Dinner of fish, rice, and a side salad has been consumed, fresh seltzer with lime on the armrest. Popcorn for later.

Mex, I think it's cool to keep your options open. Some of us are natural wanderers and explorers. It sounds like you're well grounded with your current home base, and I'm sure any decisions you make in the future will be well-considered. Plus, it's always fun to have a few dreams to plan and keep them in your back pocket, and you can just act on them when the time is right.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I'll be sober this weekend... Can I play?
Old 06-19-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Sure! Hop aboard!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I am sitting in the peace and quiet right now at home. I think my arms are going to fall off...our camp site was at a local metroparks, only one tent per night, so very nice...not so nice the 1/3 mile each way trek back and forth to the car with all the stuff! Not only did we carry all the fishing gear, camping gear and food - in my infinite wisdom I bought a giant watermelon and cantaloupe - we only ate half the cantaloupe, so essentially I carried a giant watermelon for fun! My poor arms are feeling it today!

I have no weekend plans right now. Think I will walk to the library in the morning and get some reading and chill on the patio a lot. When I was drinking I lost my love of reading, so it will be nice to get that back. I just started reading long chapter books with my son, and he is loving it so I think I deserve my own books - that are not about mutant hybrids!

There is a car cruise tomorrow that I might venture to, I am not used to getting out as I was a home alone drunk...part of that was because I am a nurse (ironically I work with addicts)...so hoping to start going places now! I also might go to the beach...10 minutes away and I never went because you cannot drink! I think some beach walking will cause some aching legs, and distract from my aching arms
Old 06-19-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi OMB!

BigS, I love container gardening! I want to try doing some tomatoes in containers one of these days.

Hi PK!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Lol, Learningagain!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Learningagain))
Old 06-19-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good stuff learningagain.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Seriously...carrying a watermelon is the ultimate workout! Who needs to spend a fortune on the gym?!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

LOL! And as if to cement that staying at home, and sticking on SR is the right choice....the police are doing a traffic stop outside (quite common as my road is a cut through from the beach to the town)...the guy is obviously drunk, flailing around arguing with a very unimpressed looking cop...so easily could have been me!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Learning.....It's good to be home safe and sound!

Gilmer.....I forgot to ask what you're studying?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Hi OMB!

BigS, I love container gardening! I want to try doing some tomatoes in containers one of these days.

Hi PK!
Hey Brynn! I do a bit of container gardening but more flowers. I have a beautiful rose bush and a Hibiscus that make me happy now.

For a long time it was Gardenias. After they "did their time" in a pot on the back porch I'd plant them along the back property line of my yard. Have a lovely row of them. 9 or 10 in all now. Early May is fantastic here. The neighbors on both sides borrowed my idea and planted their own.

Right now my Rose bush is a favorite target of the deer. The hibiscus I had to move to next to the back door it was so yummy to them. They'd eat that one down to twigs. That Hibiscus always comes back tho. One of the very few things that I was able to enjoy when i wasn't sober was how determined that little Hibiscus was to persevere. Always looked at it like a bit of a metaphor.

There, I've gone on and on.

Hope everyone enjoys a sober weekend.

OMB