Notices

Newcomers Stay Sober This Weekend Thread 4/30 - until

Old 05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Hi imabuleva! How's it going?
Old 05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Must make some homemade salsa! I love a black bean and corn salsa with vinegar and oil and cilantro! Hmm... maybe that will be one of the things I plant this year, along with fresh basil for a caprese salad. That sounds so fresh and yummy!

I am currently at s picnic at a park with the fam. It's perfect outside, warm with a breeze. And we're fully enjoying it because we got so much done at home this morning. I finally feel like I'm not living in squalor. Last week, my reward for just getting the grocery shopping done was buying a fifth and passing out by four. This is so much nicer. <3
Old 05-02-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Well, then, where do I start? So busy here today. Bimini, congrats on 14 months. It does take a while. I think I'm going through more growing pains again.

Coriander is used in Swedish baking. Ground seed though. Not the green.

That salsa does sound really good. I'm hungry but we are going out to eat because I'm just not feeling like cooking and cleaning today. Right now I'm at the park trying to get children worn out.

Saoutchik, I love vintage clothes. That sounds like a fun enterprise for your daughter. Have fun with your evening out. Bunker sounds interesting. And I didn't know David Beckham was from the Stowe. My cousin and her husband had a house there. They've since relocated to Herts. I haven't been to England since their move.

Brain, good for you getting the floors done. Have to do mine soon. I've never had a cleaning service. Maybe some day.

I have to go see what children are doing.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Pink thang update. Ok six flags still has the "pink thing"
It was pretty dang good on a warm day today. It's a push up pop like thing now. Anyway six flags was fun. Firing up the charcoal grill for some chicken and brats. Nice day in Texas and glad I'm not drinking.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey y'all hope you're all ok ..
keeping sober , keeping on an even keel .

As i was walking home from the DIY store a woman came up and burbled something at me … i couldn't understand something about woman and a baby .. i was a bit worried as she was pointing round a corner and i was thinking is this fat old man gonna get set upon ..
I followed and it turns out a flat was on fire .. i kicked the door down but the hallway was pretty much fully on fire so the people inside smashed a window ..

Two guys and a little bit of me caught the baby and child passed out the window but the woman froze on the window ledge for a bit … it was about 8ft high ..

Luckily another neighbour turned up with a ladder and she came down . All surviving if a bit shocked, she'd cut her foot a little bit . Then the fire brigade turned up and i thought it was time to get on with my sober day .

Glad i was sober .. Took in a bit of smoke and my chest feels like i've puffed away on a cigar .. bleugh !

Always make sure your windows open and that you and the family have a plan as to what to do if there is a fire . The amount of times i passed out and was unable to be woken !

Take care y'all tell the important people you love em

m
Old 05-02-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Woah, Mex! That's intense! Certainly a unique experience, you're a brave guy to help - I am sure they will never forget you and your companions helping that baby out the window. Amazing story. Only a sober person can pull that off - a drunk wouldn't be anywhere near to help. Congrats on the big day and what a huge sober experience. Wow.

No life-saving here. My neighbors are outside drinking and smoking pot. A few of them are absolutely laughing their faces off....about very, very stupid stuff. They sound like idiots. Glad I'm not living that life anymore, what a waste of a day! Wish they'd shut up and let those of us who don't use pot and alcohol to spend a day in peace. Guess that's too much to ask though. As for me, I went to town today and got some great exercise. Stopped at the busy marketplace and the grocery. Mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, swept the terrace. Plants looking great.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Mechanix that's awesom. Today you are definitely the man.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mecanix you're a certified hero! Wow! What a day! We never could've helped like that when we were drinking! There are so many good residuals that come with being sober! Glad everyone's alright, including you!

GS....how many pink things did you have? And I dont like they've changed to push pops! Glad you had fun though! What did you ride?

Bigsombrero...sounds like a lovely day (minus the wasted neighbors). Ugh! I just realized I used to be the wasted loud neighbor! Blah!
Old 05-02-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Went to put in my contacts this am and couldn't find them.....finally realized I was already wearing them! This has been happening a lot lately! Is this what happens when you're closing in on 40.
Lol. That would never happen to me. I am blind without my contacts.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Off to eat at my favorite Greek restaurant with the hubby.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Mecanix you're a certified hero! Wow! What a day! We never could've helped like that when we were drinking! There are so many good residuals that come with being sober! Glad everyone's alright, including you!

GS....how many pink things did you have? And I dont like they've changed to push pops! Glad you had fun though! What did you ride?

Bigsombrero...sounds like a lovely day (minus the wasted neighbors). Ugh! I just realized I used to be the wasted loud neighbor! Blah!
Had 2 pink things. Rode batman, superman, Mr freeze, Texas sky screamer and runaway mine train.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I love the runaway mine train! (I really like the mini mine train best but it's always me and a bunch of little kids on it! Ha!).

Noexcuse, your day at the park sounds awesome!
Old 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hmm not really a thinking situation , y'know .. But as a 290 lb barrel chested man there are certain things like doors which present less of a problem to you than other people have ,

After i'd walked down the road i thought i should have gave her some money and my jumper .. as she was a bit shook up and only in a long t-shirt kinda thing.

How comes you always think of these things after the fact …

All the people were safe and sound thats the main thing,

Sobriety helps make us able to be the best people we can be, should we choose to pursue that . Like i was saying on another thread earlier , ones life might be pointless but it can still be worthwhile ..

Anyhoo off to watch family guy on my new satellite system (reason for going to the diy store in the first place, F type connectors ).

Hope your neighbours all tire themselves out soon big S , Tomorrow morning will be nice and quite tho' , weekend mornings are gods gift to sober people LoL

m
Old 05-02-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Mec, you sound so nonchalant in relating your day but bravo. Well done! As for the jumper and money, it's always things like that that come to mind in retrospect. Should have could have would have sometimes seems to be my theme song.

BigS, I hope your neighbors quiet down soon. Makes it tough to enjoy your balcony with the racket. I've not gotten the impression from you that it's a weekly occurrence so hopefully they aren't setting precedent.

PK, back pain can be torture. Hopefully yours goes away soon.

My day was one of those I'll claim, warts and all. It wasn't the best and I have to say I find myself preferring work days at the moment. I'm still too unstructured on weekends and it's causing me anxiety. Right now the children are watching a movie with Mr. Ruby. I'm sitting on my quiet back porch amid my equally quiet cats. One sleeping on a chair next to me, the other staring at me with woeful eyes, wanting canned cat food. I like that they don't shriek at me and only periodically fight each other. I think I'm going to throw more clothes in the wash. I'm going to pug in a request for vacation time come monday. I need a break.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I am all in!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi addict chef and welcome!!

Ruby.....ahhh....vacation time sounds like a wonderful idea...so does quiet porch-sitting .

Mecanix....I have this picture in my head of you nonchalantly kicking in a front door like it was nothing!

PK...sorry I missed the part about your back pain! Ouch! Totally sucks! Hope you're feeling better with some rest this weekend!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Gettingsmarter, The Texas SkyScreamer did me in for roller coasters. After riding that, no more. Lol

Look who I came across on my long bike ride today! (We're having California weather in Texas right now. Gorgeous day)

Sober Saturdays rock. Sober Sunday mornings are even better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (36.9 KB, 49 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

welcome addictchef.
tonight I made a salad and grilled a filet of sockeye salmon in honor of the fight. Well actually it was salmon night anyway.
Just a little cracked pepper some herbs de province - a pinch - don't ask why, and some ground coriander, just because. nothing else. It was fantastic, skin was crispy and still barely cooked throughout. Used alumium foil with that spray **** for the grill. I have one piece of anniversary cake left. Just made a pot of coffee for the iron woman who will be up most of the night studying for final. I may watch a movie on netflix and check in later to see who won the fight.
Say goodnight Olive. Oh it's still early out there.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

So glad to make it through Friday and Saturday night with no drinks! Went to a great AA meeting this morning, and shared with 2 more close friends that I will no longer be drinking. They were very supportive, very thankful for that. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Checking in. Sober!