Notices

Newcomers Stay Sober This Weekend Thread 4/30 - until

Old 05-02-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well done julesonya!

Just checking in. Been preparing a brief on FAFSA at the request of a few of Mrs Non's co-workers. Then I busted out a chapter from my Series 65 book (which is gawdawfullydull). Now it's time to battle the vines, weeds, and rapidly growing trees and bushes in my yard!

Have a great sober day y'all!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Been up a while, had breakfast, doing laundry, making tea.

Haven't seen Avengers 2 yet, but I'm rooting for Ultron. I love Spader's sinister delivery in the trailer that has the Pinocchio song: "There are no strings ... no strings on me." Hope they did something worthwhile with the material instead of it being all action and wisecracks. I thought the first one was cool thematically and having Robert Redford involved was awesome.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good job Jules !! Wow...first in 2 years! Yay!!
The bacon/toast sandwich was delish! Doggies didn't get a morsel.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Great job Jules!!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I got mixed up -- Robert Redford was in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" -- that's the one I thought was cool. Not sure about Avengers 1.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good job Jules. Stick with it! We're here if you need us.

Trying to plan my day. It's lovely out but I have chores. I also need to work in yard but house more pressing. And I'm hungry because I didn't eat and you all are talking food.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Workers around the house is sometimes not a good thing. Just had to mediate between the workers and our security. I live in one of those gated off areas and the workers don't like to follow the procedures. Aahh well, excitement for the day time to get some wood so I can light a fire. Looking forward to the boxing tomorrow. I heard ring side seats are going for like $100, 000.00. Madness.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good to see other veggie/vegans on this thread! I was feeling a little lonely!

Went to put in my contacts this am and couldn't find them.....finally realized I was already wearing them! This has been happening a lot lately! Is this what happens when you're closing in on 40??

On a side note....I broke down and ate Ben and Jerry's Karmel Sutra last night (chocolate and vanilla ice cream with a yummy caramel core)....well, The caramel core only went about halfway down! I was totally ripped off!

And nice job, Jules!
Xoxo
Old 05-02-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

For all our SR vegans
Attached Images
Old 05-02-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Wow, took me a half hour to read through all the posts since last night, all when I was *supposed* to be getting some cleaning done! Hopefully my mister will hear the dishwasher going and think I did enough!

Still in, still here, no missteps last night, but I have to admit......now I want bacon.

I think I hear the mister pulling in! Time to grab the cleaning supplies and spray the disinfectant cleaner into the air in front of a fan!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks lunar!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm a lapsed non meat eater (I ate fish) Brynn - I quit meat when my daughter went veggie but ended up eating take aways with meat in them when I was drinking heavily. I don't eat it every day.

Have been to the Greek Deli, bought some melitzano salaam amongst other things, I can't seem to make properly myself.

Ruby, impressed that you have been to "the 'Stow" Not many visitors go there - it's where David Beckham is from.

Good work June's

Heart says Pacquiao head says Mayweather unfortunately
Old 05-02-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Damm Autocorrect! Melitzanosalata

333+ posts by now seems a lot noexcuse but perhaps it is my imagination
Old 05-02-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
Wow, took me a half hour to read through all the posts since last night, all when I was *supposed* to be getting some cleaning done! Hopefully my mister will hear the dishwasher going and think I did enough!

Still in, still here, no missteps last night, but I have to admit......now I want bacon.

I think I hear the mister pulling in! Time to grab the cleaning supplies and spray the disinfectant cleaner into the air in front of a fan!
Ha! Lol!! I love it! When I was a kid I used to do that.....spray the furniture polish and windex in the air so my mom would think I had cleaned!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

What the hell is it?? This mystery thing you bought?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

OK... so today will be one of my favorite things. Roasted corn and black bean salsa.

I roast my corn first in a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper... and then slowly put everything together in smaller increments to be sure the flavor blends well. Cilantro, parsley, scallions, lime juice, touch of sugar.... mmmmmm

Something that I can take my time with and keeps me moving.

Great work everyone and Julies!!! Keep going today! Make this weekend happen for you!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sadly heading off to work on this beautiful day...

I guess it's better to make some money than just stay home doing chores.

Catch you all tonight! Have a lovely day!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
...holds the key

The salad sounds awesome, weasel!

Have a good day at work, site!

saoutchick....I've never really liked meat...ever...even as a kid, so one day I thought...hmmm, why am I eating this! I don't crave it or even like the taste....so it's easy for me to avoid it! If you like certain meats, I don't see anything wrong with indulging every now and then!

Della....????
Old 05-02-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

hm. In on 17. Chatty McChattersons.

Breakfast is often a BLTA

I actually had it for dinner last night because it fit my macros and I was too lazy to make anything more complicated.

I read online that the UK has a new princess? With those parents, she should have a nice life

I'm sitting here watching a Great Blue Heron juvenile fish for its breakfast. He/she is here every morning. I think it has a lot of success with frogs or some little land critters, too. I live on his stretch of the river. There is a GBH rookery not too far from where I live, so they are pretty common. Beautiful. Oops! And he's off!

Sober for over a year now. It keeps getting better. Yesterday was such a peaceful day that I kept thinking, "Wow. Life is good."

*edit to say, Ken - I put a couple drops of smoke flavoring in my BBCSalsa. Or a splash of BBQ sauce. Try it in a small portion Oh, and I put red bell pepper and celery in mine, too. I eat mine cold, is that how you use it?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
The salad sounds awesome, weasel!

Have a good day at work, site!

saoutchick....I've never really liked meat...ever...even as a kid, so one day I thought...hmmm, why am I eating this! I don't crave it or even like the taste....so it's easy for me to avoid it! If you like certain meats, I don't see anything wrong with indulging every now and then!

Della....????
I was asking Sao what that was he bought but you posted while I was so it looked awkward