Notices

Newcomers Stay Sober This Weekend Thread 4/30 - until

Old 05-01-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Linked below is Amy Sedaris - Sister of David - as 'Jerri Blank' in the offbeat 'Strangers With Candy'; an acquired taste in Comedy we used to watch. The Teacher is played by Stephen Colbert. The Retired HS Teachers in this Household especially appreciate this Material.

No Bacon last night, but I did whip on some Ahi Tuna Da Wife bought at some Yup Store. Killer. I skipped on the initial Plan to 'flash' Grill it, and cut it into Sashimi. Soy. Scallions. A sqwoozed Mandarin Orange. A few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar. Salad on the side. Yumbo Whey_whey.

That London Canal action looks mighty fun! Party On, Garth...

- 'Hello, I'm Jerri Blank' ~ Amy Sedaris -
-
Old 05-01-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ruby, Endgame NYC sort of hit the nail on the head. A moving party - the authorities hated it, especially as the further west you go the price of the houses go up and up. Hope there will be one this year but I doubt it. There is a Canalival Facebook page I might take a look at over the Weekend.

Just seen Russell Brand on TV in his own flat. He only lives about a quarter of a mile from me (a quarter of a mile and a couple of million pounds to be exact) His kitchen is as big as my entire pad! Man I got kitchen envy now. Maybe I should grow a stupid student beard.

I like the sound of those Pink Things (Thangs).

Two Pink Things and a bacon smoothie please
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I'm in!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
...holds the key

image.jpg
Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
beginner

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I now have Gain air fresheners and Gain dish soap.

Thanks for the reminder and thanks to Della for the ringing endorsement.

Do I smell 500 posts this weekend?
This thread is at least going to smell like Gain by the end of the weekend!

I think I'll look for Gain dish soap for my kitchen sink (if they have that as liquid soap -- I wash mine by hand). UPDATE: They do! A variety of fragrances, too.

It would be a daily fragrant reminder of my people on the SR Weekenders thread.

Weasel, good to know what Rx Oakleys cost. I'll just stick with my econo glasses and senior fitover shades to accentuate my natural vintage hotness.

Brynn, what do those Thangs taste like? They look like either cotton-candy-flavor or watermelon. Kinda scary though -- I have to watch my sugar intake these days.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
...holds the key

MM....ha! Thanks for reminding me of Strangers With Candy!
So glad I have the aforementioned acquired taste to appreciate it!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Solarion....you're gonna love the gain soap! It makes you WANT to do your dishes!

Ok, so pink things are a super creamy kind of a soft cherry (?) flavor....it's kind of foamy creamy pink and sweet.....hard to describe and I haven't had one in years...but you can ONLY get them at Six Flags! Help me out gettingsmarter.....am I describing them right?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
I think I'll look for Gain dish soap for my kitchen sink (if they have that as liquid soap -- I wash mine by hand). UPDATE: They do! A variety of fragrances, too.

Weasel, good to know what Rx Oakleys cost. I'll just stick with my econo glasses and senior fitover shades to accentuate my natural vintage hotness.
Yup... I have the dish soap. I usually use the dishwasher but I needed dish soap back up and when I saw Gain I knew that was for me!

Awesome line... awesome. Yeah I love the glasses... Silver OX3163 BACKWIND 0.5. They have pictures on google images of them if anyone wants to see them.

Hmmm... dinner time. What shall I do?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

FYI Gain has to be original scent to enter my abode. I have a dishwasher as well but I don't wash my crystal or cookware in it.

Brynn painting is done till I start the kitchen in a couple weeks my daughter graduates college the 16th then I have a wedding the 24th so prolly not till early June right now I am doing battle outdoors.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Love the glasses Ken!!

Oh and I also heart the pink thangs. I used to get them from the ice cream man...like last summer. Up here they are called Hidden Treasures.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Why was Canalival banned? Did someone go overboard?
Ummm....did you not SEE that picture? Seriously, looks like an environmental nightmare and I'm guessing it's a health hazard. Yuck. Plus, if someone goes overboard and good luck coming back up for air! I much prefer MesaMan's photos of Venice. Belated congrats on the sober milestone also, Ruby!

Watching the clock here, 30 minutes 'til weekend officially starts. I've got to buy a new headset for my computer tonight, my wireless Logitech I use for my VOIP connection has seen better days. Also thinking a memory stick will come in handy. Hoping Office Depot (yep, we have one in my town!) will have what I need. Might hit one of a zillion cafes as well afterwards.

Two more nights here and then it's off to the mountains. I'm already half-packed, cleaning almost done. Tomorrow I'll bust out the mop and broom and clean the surfaces and I'll be ready to roll. I'll be watching baseball and catching up on TV series from my computer tonight at home. Seltzer water? Check. Limes? Check. Popcorn? Check. Todo bien en La Villa de Sobriedad esta noche.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm so jealous Della! Our ice cream truck doesn't have them!
Remember the ice cream with the frozen gumball on the bottom? I always wanted that one then was always disappointed that the gum was to frozen to chew!!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Sorry, I staunchly insist on Dawn dish detergent. It is stupendous on grease. Solarion, until I redid my kitchen (and yes to all you "old timers" I'm still finishing it off) I washed all of my dishes by hand in my vintage '50s sink.

However - you didn't mention GAIN scented TRASH BAGS to complete your all things Gain and I have those at home.

BigS, I did see the pic of Canalival. It would not be my preference. I still get crowd claustrophobia periodically.

Brynn, the numbers mostly came out. I forgot to make one entry which threw things off but I quickly found the error. I am done!! The first of my co-workers to turn theirs in. Kind of like calling shotgun here.

I'm going to get a snack. Made the mistake of getting caffeined coffee and I'm antsy.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

They have Gain trash bags???????????????
Old 05-01-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Yes, Hefty has Gain scented trash bags but I'm not sure if it's the mandatory original scent.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Now I am on a mission. To Amazon Prime I go.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Earth Child

wwwwwwwwooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo
its Friday
how is everyone?
am loving life am so happy ....i came out to my mother ( on the phone ) and the rest of my family and friends that am transsexual and everyone was so supportive including my mother that surprised me normally she would call its a phase
So i can be me and not have to hide anymore
Old 05-01-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ruby.....Glad the numbers came out right AND you finished first!

Della....congrats on your daughters graduation! Now you'll have $$$ for all the Gain products you want!!

BigS....your evening sounds lovely....except what about gummy bears? They have those in your part of the globe?
Old 05-01-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by ThePhoenixFlames View Post
wwwwwwwwooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo
its Friday
how is everyone?
am loving life am so happy ....i came out to my mother ( on the phone ) and the rest of my family and friends that am transsexual and everyone was so supportive including my mother that surprised me normally she would call its a phase
So i can be me and not have to hide anymore
Awesome!!! What a way to start the weekend!!!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Phoenix that's a great way to kick off your friday!

I spent most of my day outside and then ran a few errands. Looking forward to an evening in and some netflix marathon-ing.

Thankfully I have to work tomorrow, so I think that's helping me want to drink less? Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I might even make myself a real home cooked meal tonight!