Notices

Newcomers Stay Sober This Weekend Thread 4/30 - until

Old 05-02-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ok got it Della!

Biminiblue.....congrats on a year! Peaceful days rock!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Old 05-02-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

As I walked into six flags a lady gave me a free ticket she could not use. Asked if I could give her money and just said God is good. Sweet!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey BIM!!! First congrats on over a year!!

I never did that. Mix BBQ in with this. I will have to try. Darn! I forgot about red bell peppers. I was winging it at the store. But I think I have enough to make a nice flavor. Celery in this dish? Need to try that too!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Nice score, GS!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Ahem.

Roses are red
Bimini ain't blue
That cuz she still ain't
No Booze swillin' Foo

Burma Shave

Just whipped on my Breakfast Burrito Recipe. Red Onion. Green Chile. Grated Sharp Cheddar. Some KickAzz spicy Chicken Snausage Da Wife got at the local Yup Grocery. Euro-style Coffee you can stand up a Spoon in.

Now watching the 'Nawlins Jazz & Heritage Fest' on AXS.tv. These Guys linked below just tore it up, and the 'Tedeschi Trucks Band' are now doing the same. Growing up a Wee Bastid around your Dad Bruce Trucks Drumming for the Allman Brothers rubbed off well on Junior. Dude plays a smokin' Slide Guitar. The times I tried playing Slide - sans Frets - it sounded like some Cat got it's Tail stuck under a Rocking Chair.

Apologies extended in advance, Della. The version of the Song below I just pulled up had an opening Ad shilling 'Tide' Detergent. Oh, the Humanity!

- 'Criminal' ~ The Revivalists -
-
Old 05-02-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I will let it go cuz I like the song...let's try harder next time
Old 05-02-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

congrats on a year BIMINIBLUE!

I took a break from scrubbing the floor. It's been a while since it had a thorough going over like this. Half way done - need to double rinse the half I did then put everythin back and start on other half. My knees are killing me, my shoulder is sore... To think I used to pay someone to do this every two weeks when I lived alone. There's a lot to be said for having a weekly cleanin lady come in.
lots of action on the thread...
weasel, beans keep me moving too... mesa, saw TT band a week ago at the "jazz" fest. I'm still pissed that the fools in front had to stand for the entire fkjkoeurnv;oijing show.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Lawnmower wouldn't start...did as much as I could with the weedwacker. Grass isn't long enough yet to pull out the hand mower. Rest, shower, and retail therapy on the agenda!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend
Old 05-02-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
EndGame

Who knew that there would be a place on a recovery site that normalizes overeating bacon?

I like the aroma of bacon cooking, but I only eat it maybe two or three times a year. Low bacon tolerance.

Should I be posting here or on the Friends and Bacon Forum?
Old 05-02-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry about that Della, I must remember to preview my posts to see what damage Autocorrect has done. It's even worse if I dare use voice activation.

Off to collect daughter and friends from the market. Hopefully there are some buyers for vintage clothes out today, she has lots to shift

Congratulations on a year Biminiblue happy anniversary

That salad sounds good Weasel, I had never heard of Cilantro so I Googled it, in Blighty we call it Coriander
Old 05-02-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

lunar, glad you didn't post the makin bacon image...

thought I would contribute a song, May flowers and all...

back to scrubbing floors...
Old 05-02-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Thanks, you guise. 14 months in a couple days. I wasn't looking for cudos, though. I'm mostly just really surprised how long it took for me to feel normal, anxiety-wise. It was at just about a year that I really felt able to make it consistently through my days without that fear-knot in my belly.

Breathing exercises, meditation, exercise, regular nutrition, water and sleeping eight hours daily are my major tools - but I think so much of it is physical healing and if I hadn't remained abstinent for that long I never would have reaped those benefits.

So those of you who are new, stick with it - it keeps getting better. On those days when it seems like the mood won't lift, hang in there. It will.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

I'm in on a humorous Discussion re: A-R and OCD tendencies on another Page, so I couldn't resist...

'The seed of the cilantro plant is known as coriander. Although cilantro and coriander come from the same plant, their flavors are very different and cannot be substituted for each other.'

- About Cilantro ~ Food.com -
-
Old 05-02-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!!

Hope everyone is well, welcome to all newcomers and those having their first Sober weekend, hopefully the first of many!!

It's been a tough week this week, last weekend I strained a muscle in my back, which was torture all week at work, I'm not one for using painkillers, but just to be able to drive to work something was needed, and yesterday I started to come down with a cold, if my nose at this moment in time had an off switch I would gladly press it.

But not to worry this morning was my last few hours in work for a few days, it's a holiday here on Monday, plenty of green tea and rest should allow me to bounce back.

Only issue I'm seeing with this plan though is the boxing tonight, timezone wise I'm thinking it's going to be about 4am here, so I think a few hours sleep beforehand might be the best way forward!!

Currently simmering a chilli beef in my kitchen, with extra chilli, I thought I needed something that I'll be able to taste this evening!!

Let's keep it Sober!!
Old 05-02-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

saoutchik - to be sure, coriander is not the same as cilantro, yes, it is the same plant... 'cilantro' is the leaves, like parsley, of the plant before it goes to seed. It is a bitter kind of herb and more pungent than italian parsley and similar young greens,

I've actually seen a cilantro paste, similar to a pesto made from cilantro - don't waste your money...
fresh cilantro is where it's at...

coriander is the ground up seed of the plant - the 'coriander' plant or 'cilantro' plant. The coriander seeds have a much different flavors and is used in eastern style dishes, curries and the like...

last year it got so hot so fast that all of my cilanto shot up and went to flower way too soon... it gets really bitter after that, but used in moderation it's okay...

jeeze, I feel like bevis and butthead, ''he said moderation, huh huh, huh"
Old 05-02-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hmm. I was referring to the leaves which we call Coriander.

The much stronger seeds we call (imaginatively) Coriander Seed, I personally wouldn't use the seeds in a salad (too strong) but I regularly put in some Coriander leaves in salads.

That said I do sometimes throw in some finely sliced chilli when making Mozarella salad

Picked daughter and friends up, she seems to think she did OK at the market stall. I must admit some of those vintage clothes did look good on my daughters friends. They are off clubbing later

I am out too this evening, to the Dalston Bunker, a genuine World War 2 underground bunker refurbished as a club and event rooms. We are promised an "immersive audio visual experience." Intriguing
Old 05-02-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I'm in
Old 05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Congrats Bimini!

Welcome In a!