Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-26-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Yes Ruby, I only had 3 glasses plus my favorite very large wine glass left. I have broken many a wine glass in my day and am so grateful that I never really hurt myself in drunken stupors.
Bmac...wonderful for you, making father/son memories. All you young folk out there: kids grow up soooooooo fast. Cherish the time with them. I would like to rewind my life to when my kids were small. ..best days of my life. Wasn't drinking then either.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Me too HAF.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I never had favorite glasses or anything. I never really got fancy, lol. But great job on the recycling regardless.

I do have a lot of coffee mugs that i love. My favorite one has a big crack in it but it fits my hand so perfectly, I use it daily. And I don't know, the crack comforts me a bit. It's imperfect but still useful.

As for my bummed head, I'm now regretting not going to the ER. It's split a bit more open than I realized. I've treated and covered it and hope thats enough. If not, I'll go to the dr tomorrow and calmly explain that no, I do not have a death wish. I have bad coordination, LOL
Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

well now, I took a power nap, driving miss brainy to work then school tomorrow - changing clothes in the car.
I prepared 'dinner'. Deer burger, ancho peppers, onion and the usual spices
made taco boats ("fiesta flats") used leftover black beans and rice, layered first, then burger mix covered with lettuce, tomato and cheese with a dash of hot sauce - yu-MEE, + leftover burger - added big can of crushed tomato, the rice/beans - little bit, another can of beans, a little of this and that - instant best chile on the block. Now she has lunch too...

okay - marriage 101 - you cannot teach your spouse anything. true dat... I've been trying to tell her to slooow down when she gives presentations and speeches. but it is like a ticker tape at the stock exchange - a constant barrage of information. I said when the potus gives an hour speech, 20 minutes of it is silence. I also notice when she speaks in her native tongue her voice is lower and more controlled - so I guess it's just a matter of time.

weasel - to the chair put an image in my head... rest well my friend...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
thechair.jpg (61.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-26-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

LBrain, the dishes sound amazing. I love to cook so I'm always excited about new recipes.

and that chair is, uhm, comfy??? LOL
Old 04-26-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Tennantsmith. ..not sure what you did to your head, but it's never too late to go to the er. If you need a stitch, I think it's easier to get it done asap, rather than waiting . What did you do?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I slipped on a twisted bath mat on a wet floor. I slammed my head on the tub. However, it's not bleeding at all and so I think stitches would be pointless now. I'm keeping a close eye on it but except for the embarrassment and some pain, all is good.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

A quick trip to the ER might not be too bad of an idea, just to ensure you don't have a concussion.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I do think I'll call the doctor first thing in the morning just to get checked out.

the good part is that I am not having dizziness, headaches (beyond the bruised/cut area hurting), or vision problems or vomiting. So I feel safe that it's not a concussion.

I have it wrapped and it hasn't bled all day, so I feel good there too. Our urgent care is now closed and the ER tends to be more managed and wouldn't see me for an non-bleeding wound with no signs of concussion. My doctor opens up at 7:00 am so I'll call as soon as I wake up.

Thank you for the concern.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Wow. ..sounds like a bad fall. Well, take care of yourself.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

HaF, I am. I seriously am incredibly accident prone. I'm shocked I never injured myself while drinking. All of my injuries have been while sober, thankfully. Being wasted and hurt would be a double whammy of shame.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by TennantSmith View Post
I slipped on a twisted bath mat on a wet floor. I slammed my head on the tub.
Maybe it knocked the AV right outta your head! Silver linings to everything.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Bmac, one can only hope

I mean, it's second to the sober fairy with magic dust but if it works, I may keep it silent. Don't want some people going around banging their heads, lol
Old 04-26-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Ouch, TS! I hope all will be well. Be careful! I always worry about my kids because they tend to hop around in the tub.

Della, an all nighter for shotgun or sleep? Hmmm. I opt for sleep.

Brain, I have a tendency to collect chairs but I'm not digging that one for my collection. Doesn't look too comfortable.

Almost time for bed. I have a feeling I'll be doing round two on the stomach bug. Son looked flushed when I put him to bed and he fell asleep in less than five minutes. My stomach not feeling great either.

But, time for bed. See you all in the morning.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Ruby, that chair is only uncomfortable for a few minutes. Then it is quite restful.

TS - take care of that noggin.

g'nite
Old 04-26-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. ..
Old 04-26-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I just realized today that we don't have many tumblers. I used to drink out of a Pilsner glass or a wine glass, so I never really noticed. I bought a 6-pack of vintage-style canning jars at the store, just because. They're big, hold lots of ice and are perfect for lemonade. It feels kind of odd not being dehydrated. :/

Tennant, I hope you're okay! I know how you feel. I am super clumsy, too. I almost always have a ripped toenail from stubbing it on a chair or whatnot.

I had some worrisome AV moments today. The first action on my plan is to wait a day and see how I feel. Seems to work. No more slavery to the bottle for me. It was a nightmare. Being drunk, too.

I am glad everyone seems to have had nice weekends, movies, families, BBQs, housework...

See you all on the bus on Thursday!
Old 04-27-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everybody peeps. Sitting in the dentists waiting room again😐. I must easily be their best customer.

Della, I am exactly the same, I had a crystal set given to me but used the same old plain tumbler or chugged from the bottle. Happy daze😦

Phone call from the ex wife last night re the Baltimore situation which is where daughter 2 is flying too. She never actually watches or reads a news bulletin properly and always overreacts. People

Hope you all had a good, sober weekend friends
Old 04-27-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Take it easy with your head Tennant. Dangerous places wet bathrooms. Always amazed I didn't hurt myself more often during my drinking days
Old 04-27-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The first action on my plan is to wait a day and see how I feel.
I always did this , put off the decision to go back to drinking by 24hrs , 48hrs , all week as i know i don't make good rational decisions "on the hoof" ..

A week in the end i thought, whats a week in the over all span of your life ? always within a day or two i was glad i didn't go pick up at the time i was asking myself the question .

Keep on

m