SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365405-make-hope-wider-sober-weekender-april-23rd-until.html)

Weasel1966 04-23-2015 03:02 AM

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

It's always darkest before the dawn. I can attest that hope was always brightest at dawn. It was dusk that crushed my soul.

Day in and day out the constant thinking of drinking. The awful emotions of darkness. Of a complete lack of hope that I could make a change.

That's one of those things about early recovery I hated most. The humongous gap between want and action. Between a Thursday filled with optimism and a Monday filled with regret. Between hope and hopelessness.

How do I make hope wider? I thought. A funny thing to think but that's what it was. How can I close the gap between hope and hopelessness? Make a Monday bright and not something to fear.

Hope is not passive. It is an action to be taken by me. It is tangible not in my words but in me asking for help. Going to a meeting. In posting on the weekender thread. Taking my lumps and making them triumphs.

*Ring Ring* that's the freedom bell calling to you. Put down the drink this weekend for the entire weekend and make hope wider for yourself. With us.

Welcome to your sober weekend!!!

:bus:bus:bus:bus:bus

K

Della1968 04-23-2015 03:02 AM

Stop!!!

Della1968 04-23-2015 03:03 AM

Shotgun!!

Weasel1966 04-23-2015 03:04 AM

UUGGGHHH!!!! It took forever to post this morning. Problem with the system???? I had to post a single word post and then edit. Sorry Della!!! You thought I was playing? LOL

DELLA HAS SHOTGUN!!!! WOO HOO!

MarathonMan 04-23-2015 03:05 AM

I'm in, fishing, running and our first meal out with the baby on the agenda for me. Looking forward to some hopefully warm weather

Della1968 04-23-2015 03:08 AM

That's me on the passenger side!!!Woohooo I will let you know when I have to go potty.

I always hated 3-5 am. For me it was absolutely the loneliest and most heart wrenching part of the day. And always self inflicted.

Della1968 04-23-2015 03:10 AM

Lol yeah I responded stop to the test post. I was actually starting to get worried about you and your cats!

trachemys 04-23-2015 03:14 AM

Everybody run!
Della's got Shotgun.

:D

mecanix 04-23-2015 03:34 AM

Happy thurs , and i hope a good friday to those who live in the future in Christchurch NZ and the like . i think you've got another hour so lets plan ahead .

We know we're going to get tested , so how to deal with it ?

Here is Dees' three which can help :- http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

The "class of" thread is around , just post to join in , pull up a chair and have a read .

There is a 24 sign in thread in the daily support area where you can affirm your commitment .

The weekender tends to amble along , join in if you like .. when i used to drive the idea was a bit of what i'd call tangental support where we don't have to talk about the elephant in the room , exchange ideas and the vision of what a sober weekend look and feels like .

I'm in , m :wave:

twal 04-23-2015 03:52 AM

I'm in for a sober weekend! Have a good day everyone!!!

LBrain 04-23-2015 03:59 AM

great message m...

it is about 35 degrees F here, but it is soon getting warm enough to start working on some outside projects that take up a whole day. I was given orders to fix the exhaust fan in the spare bathroom - WHAT? It's only been out of service since, less than ten years I think... maybe...
congratulations Della, you can go to bed now... are you also going for 100 posts of your own?
trach - I made it 52 seconds into homecoming queen before I shut it down...

I must say, I was an every day drinker and when I was working, I worked more weekends than not. I didn't mention this but on the 17th I celebrated 1 year being fired from my job. Since joining in the weekender my weekends have become real weekends. I now no longer relate it (my days off) as a time to drink. I would have been having a beer instead of a cup of coffee right now getting ready to work around the place.
I recall the struggle of not being used to 'functioning' without a beer in my hand. Some people put on their shoes in the morning, I would open a beer first. Sad but true.
Now it's the furthest thing from my mind.

Conquest 04-23-2015 04:11 AM

Weeeeeekenderrrrrrs!!! Just seeing this early start gives me hope. I'm around 6 months sober, still feeling like a newbie, but realizing that it really and truly does get easier...Just keep at it no matter what! It's so worth it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...zL._SX300_.jpg

Mark1014 04-23-2015 04:16 AM

I'm in. Beer was the way I had my wheaties for breakfast on the weekends too. A beer ad on the radio brought that to my mind yesterday morning and I literally gagged at the thought. Yay for gagging! ( in this case ).

Workout done and feeling good! Happy Thursday gang.

Ruby2 04-23-2015 04:31 AM

Good morning to everyone. If I had popped on at 5:20 a.m. when my son woke me up with the TV on it may have been a different story.

So he's been up an hour and isn't ready to go to school. Putting it off and putting it off to the last minute. Until crisis crunch time. Sounds familiar.

Work today. Good to see you all.

JaneLane 04-23-2015 04:38 AM

Hello loves

I'm here for the weekend! I've got a fun weekend with friends lined up, I haven't done this for a long time so I'm excited.

I'm just cooking a big batch of my millet pie, willing to share with the weekenders!

x

lunar 04-23-2015 05:00 AM

It's Thursday again?!

Della1968 04-23-2015 05:06 AM

congratulations Della, you can go to bed now... are you also going for 100 posts of your own?

A girl has to have a goal :) I am making up for my funk last weekend.

Olive1 04-23-2015 05:15 AM

Climbing aboard the sober bus!!!!

:)

Ice71 04-23-2015 05:21 AM

I'm in!!!!

Nonsensical 04-23-2015 05:23 AM

IN!!

My AV used to tell me there was NO HOPE for me. It played on all my fears and frustrations. I felt like there was no reason to HOPE. Then I came to SR.

Change is possible, therefore HOPE is reasonable.

Believe you can do it. :You_Rock_